Sponsored

Some Jealous Ass**** keyed my car. Need advice...

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
In today's society everyone knows that its a craps shoot of people that have a piece at home.
When you're talking about bored teens... whether or not there's a gun inside the house isn't going to dissuade them. Most teens wouldn't even consider worrying about this. Those that would think about it, it would simply intensify the thrill. But honestly, unless you are perched at your door holding on to the gun, it isn't too difficult to get away with crap at night.
Sponsored

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
When you're talking about bored teens... whether or not there's a gun inside the house isn't going to dissuade them. Most teens wouldn't even consider worrying about this. Those that would think about it, it would simply intensify the thrill. But honestly, unless you are perched at your door holding on to the gun, it isn't too difficult to get away with crap at night.
Exactly

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
When I think about some of the shit I used to do as a teenager -- riding on the hood of cars going 45 mph down the street, holding on by the wiper blades; dragging random things to vacant lots and setting them on fire (including things old old furniture and car parts and air conditioners (that coolant BURNS HOT) and, once, two forty-gallon drums of used motor oil that shot hurricanes of flame and black smoke hundreds of feet in the air); moving around Christmas ornaments in front of people's houses so it looked like the characters were having sex; graffitiing train tunnels and abandoned warehouses; etc. etc. etc. -- it absolutely boggles my mind how little regard for personal safety teenagers have.

RushGotti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Damn bro, That sucks!

When I was still at my old job, Everyone was talking behind my back telling people why I owned a $35,000 car when I had only worked there for a year (Most people made minimum pay, The rest made $11 an hour tops) luckily no one did that to me, But yeah every day people would tell me stuff about how it's not fair.

Not my fault I knew how to manage my money! -_-

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Spends $35K+ on a car and considering MAACO...this just doesn't make sense sorry

Sponsored

DeepImpactBlue2015EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium & '13 Kia Optima
earl scheib….nuff said

RStoepel93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP (Ordered)
Yep my GT got keyed last night as well. Passenger rear panel. About a foot and a half long.

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
I can't imagine not having a garage... I'd never rest knowing she's out in the open for any and all...people and elements. This really sucks for you, sorry man.
So, you NEVER drive your car???

Sorry to hear about this. My 03 had a visit from an A**hole like that once. It was personal. They took the time to go all the way down the driver's side, lifted the key or whatever to get the side scoop, went around the keyhole, over the fuel door, all the way from stem to stern. That happened at work, on a Marine Corps base, at a Naval Hospital. No garage would have stopped that, unless I never took the car out of it. Thankfully I was of a senior rank and had access to security camera videos. Not only was restitution made for the damage, but they also were restricted to the base for 30 days, had extra duties for 30 days, and lost half of their pay for two months. Of course, I would have forgone all of that if they just would have let me take him out back for about 15 minutes..... At his non-judicial punishment, stated that he just hated Mustangs.....Was a Camaro fan, yet he didn't own a car:tsk::crazy::shrug:

Just to repeat what others have said, go to a reputable shop. Redfire Metallic was also expensive and difficult to match. According to the shop, trying to get just the right amount of metal flake and the right size flakes was a PITA, but when it was done, and done right, you couldn't see it. Almost $3000 all told....

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Sorry to hear about this. My 03 had a visit from an A**hole like that once. It was personal. They took the time to go all the way down the driver's side, lifted the key or whatever to get the side scoop, went around the keyhole, over the fuel door, all the way from stem to stern. That happened at work, on a Marine Corps base, at a Naval Hospital. No garage would have stopped that, unless I never took the car out of it. Thankfully I was of a senior rank and had access to security camera videos. Not only was restitution made for the damage, but they also were restricted to the base for 30 days, had extra duties for 30 days, and lost half of their pay for two months. Of course, I would have forgone all of that if they just would have let me take him out back for about 15 minutes..... At his non-judicial punishment, stated that he just hated Mustangs.....Was a Camaro fan, yet he didn't own a car:tsk::crazy::shrug:
Holy sh*t! I usually feel pretty safe on my AFB... Although when I was forced to live on base in the dorms I had someone in a truck basically run over my quad. Luckily security cameras caught him, get out, look at my quad, and drive off. I repaired it myself for $450; looking back I wish I would've taken it to the dealer, either would've been $3000+ for repairs or totaled out for a bent frame...HELLO new $8000 quad! Ugh. I regret it.

And back then my 1st Sgt absolutely sucked at handling the situation.

Nothing else has ever happened on base to me. And I'm slightly surprised and grateful none of my vehicles have been keyed. The 78 Trans Am had plates that read "8 MPG," the H1's plate is "GOGR33N," and the Mustangs plate is going to be "G0GR33N." Gotta stick it to the hippies...so far nothing bad.

Sponsored

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
Man im super pissed and its not even my car! I hate people like this.. You need cameras pointed at you car..Nice little security system from radio shack!!! Heck get a dam trail camera even! Id set a trap for the dirt bag and get him on film next time!

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Man im super pissed and its not even my car! I hate people like this.. You need cameras pointed at you car..Nice little security system from radio shack!!! Heck get a dam trail camera even! Id set a trap for the dirt bag and get him on film next time!
Well, not from Radio Shack any more...

El_Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
fonz
Vehicle(s)
s550 coyote, 3 peddles, big brakes and rec seats
that's some bull shit dude. Ive had nice cars keyed and fd up, its a major heartache. already have a door ding, and had foot prints on my fenders from ppl fn with my s550. I stay infront of a HS now, and kids will be burnt ass kids. But that's life man ppl are pos

Idk how insurance works in florida, in cali they write you off a check and you can take it to any local shop of your pleasing and or you can deposit the check and " get it fixed " at your own convenience for the most part...

atleast its tax season? good luck with the dilemma chief

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
Holy sh*t! I usually feel pretty safe on my AFB...
Yep, in 24 years, this was the only incident of the type I ever had. Unfortunately, I hated to think that someone junior might not have had the access or even knowledge of the cameras to ask about it. I always loathed the RHIP saying, but in this case, it helped.
Sponsored