Sponsored

So many problems with the GT350

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
I have seen quite of few topics regarding problems/issues with the GT350 on these boards -

Oil Filter Leaks
Gap Issues
Paint Issues
Engine Replacement
Engine Rattle
No oil pressure
Steering Wheel Vibration
Steering Wheel Play
A/C problems

and of course, the great cooler debate.

KNOCK ON WOOD..... I have not had any of these issues, and I have not
pushed my car so hard as to have it go into limp mode. With the exception
of the cooler/limp mode topic, I would like to know what the chassis numbers are of those cars experiencing these types of problems. Were any of the cars that were built in early production (chassis numbers 1-500, MY16) had these issues? Or are the problems consistent with cars numbered in 1000-5000 range. I felt that Ford wanted to be sure that the initial production of these cars were built at very high quality control rate; but, as production increased, quality control seemed to go down on the same path as regular Mustangs/Ford products.

Sponsored

theman1990

1 arm, 4 cars, 0 autos
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech, GT350R
I've got G0263 and the gap is atrocious.... looks like someone rearended me. Also have GR376 and it's near perfect. 263 must have been a monday car.....

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
"So many problems"

Really?? Says who? People on this forum? That may represent only 5% of GT350 owners and of that only a small portion have reported mechanical issues.

Go to any Vette or Camaro forums and you will see the same complaints.

TMully06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2017 F80 M3, 2020 Lincoln Navigator Black Label
I've got G0263 and the gap is atrocious.... looks like someone rearended me. Also have GR376 and it's near perfect. 263 must have been a monday car.....
I have H1846 and the rear bumper gap is terrible... I am not sure it could be worse and still on the car...

But I agree... overall... I don't think there are more issues with this car than any other... you just have to look for it... people come here to vent their problems

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
"So many problems"

Really?? Says who? People on this forum? That may represent only 5% of GT350 owners and of that only a small portion have reported mechanical issues.

Agree, you read these forums and you assume all of them have all these problems, and I was nervous the whole time waiting for mine to come in....and my panel gap is as good or better than my S197 boss was, and paint is way better on S550. Its not a ford or a mustang or GT350 issue. I work at a dealer, and these S550s, have been very good...I'm sure as time goes on its shortcomings will be revealed, but so far so good. Google "focus DPS6 problems" and that is a car with issues!

Wife's Toyota had a stuck HID lamp, a visor light that wouldn't shut off, and a blown rear strut all in the first year....

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Misconception.
Ford does not build the cars in that Ford is managing every aspect.
Per contracts with UAW the line workers are Ford employees but Ford actually hires a different company to actually run the plant and the plant is a joint operation with Mazda (this is a huge simplification- Ford is a huge organization with all types of outsourced relationships). And that plant is run, under contract, based upon X number of units per hour. It is also why 'wrong' parts sometimes get added--if they are out of the correct GT illuminated door sill they ain't stopping the line for that so on goes the V6 version to be corrected later (usually at the dealer when and if caught).

Everyone thought the 50th Limited Edition GT models in 2015 would be perfect--with Ford watching over them from on high as those cars were numbered, represented 50 yrs of Mustang, shipped in a protective cover..nope, many had the same panel gap issues...

QC on car #1 is the same as on car #1000. With major line issues taken care of as discovered. But I'm talking major issues...Body gaps have a spec range and if the car is within that range- it goes.

Most of the vibration is related to the engine--the flat plane vibrates...

Panel Gap-- has been an issue since day 1 with the 2015s. It appears Ford may have consented to slowing down the line a wee bit to deal with it...modern body panels on Mustangs are uber thin-think weight and MPG. They flex, so during install, if hurried, they flex...gaps get real tight with some and not so tight with others. Read an article somewhere that to get perfect gaps an updated robot system would be needed and cost is upwards of a billion bucks and Ford just ain't there yet in terms of willingness to do it...

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The problem with forums is generally only a small segment of people will take the time to complain online or share their issues. It's like those surveys in women's magazines about what men like. If this is where you go to get your GT350 news then this becomes your "bubble." If you look at the number of 350's on the road vs the number of people here it is a very small segment of the population. The forum is great for some research, but do not base all your beliefs on the car on what you read here.

Spend your time driving and enjoying YOUR car, not here on the forums reading about how the sky is falling. You will enjoy your car much more that way.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Mine is a 16 with a number just shy of 5000 and this is the second most troublesome car I've ever had.

I need my engine replaced (first time on any of the 25ish cars I've owned) and have had a lot of QC build issues.

1. Bad dash rattle. Still isn't fixed after 2 tries. Well really only one try because they said they couldn't replicate it until I took my tech for a ride.

2. Seat has annoying squeak to it if I adjust or go over bumps in a certain way. Dealer won't do anything about it because they supposedly can't replicate it.

3. Rear window area had a hole in the weather stripping/caulking like material. This caused a leak onto the rear seats when it would rain or when I went through a touchless car wash. It took a week to fix and it necessitated removing/replacing the rear glass and a trip to the dealer body shop. This was fixed after telling me there was nothing they could do about it and just not to go through touchless car washes.

4. The dealer body shop on their own accord adjusted my door and a couple of body panels. The rear bumper gap isn't terrible, but it also isn't great.

5. Engine replacement due to the excessive oil usage problem a lot of us are having with the Voodoo. FP also admits this has been a problem with this engine. At least between a certain date range (they say), but won't tell me the range so I can't share it with anybody. It still isn't fixed after roughly 6 weeks in the shop 3 different times for the issue. Ford customer service said they shipped a motor this week. I still have yet to get confirmation that this happened.

6. Splitter was installed incorrectly and is still installed incorrectly after they "fixed" it. It is missing fasteners and I'll just have to fix it myself this spring.

I think that is it. I've owned the car for roughly five months and it has been at the dealer for 6 weeks of that time. It will probably be there at least another two to get the engine replaced.

It's unscientific. But, I've owned a lot of different brands and been on a lot of different forums. It seems I've seen a lot more problems about the GT350 than the other forums I've been on. A lot of wide ranging ones as well.

Last edited:

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
I disagree. My GT350 is fine. Fit and finish is what I expect of Ford and a value performer. Only issue was the cooleR and I rather enjoyed solving that on my own.

iancoletx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT350
Wow. Not a single issue with my '17 (H2034). Really sorry to hear about that guys.

Sponsored

Acksman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby 350GT - Race Red w/ White Stripes
My 2017 H1925 is much better than my 2016 on gaps , rattle and paint.

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
2016 track pack chassis #g387% 10,500 miles, 3 full track weekends, and ZERO issues aside from a few shitty panel gaps. She's been good to me.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
"So many problems"

THe squeaky wheel gets the grease.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
My engine doesn't vibrate on my 2016 with tech pkg. As a matter of fact it amazes me when I stop at a stop light how smooth the idle is. I think you could sit a glass of water on the dash and it would barely show a ripple.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
For $60K, the paint should be better as well as panel fitment. I have 1500 miles and starting to get some dash buzzing. It's to be expected with this motor I suppose.That's why I drive this car with both windows down to hear the motor and exhaust drown out any interior rattling/ buzzing. This $60K Mustang doesn't hold a candle to my $40K Audi as far as quality goes, and my A4 has 120K miles on the clock.
Sponsored