mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
My engine doesn't vibrate on my 2016 with tech pkg. As a matter of fact it amazes me when I stop at a stop light how smooth the idle is. I think you could sit a glass of water on the dash and it would barely show a ripple.
To be blunt, yes, your engine vibrates. Nobody is saying the car shakes like mad, we're saying the engine produces more vibration than a typical engine. Know why it doesn't shake your dash? Because it's dampened in many places and the engine mounts themselves are nice and soft. Compensation. Also, a rough idle isn't what we're talking about. Your vacuum cleaner and lawn mower don't run "rough" but I guarantee you they vibrate.

If you need more evidence, change your oil and hand-tighten your oil filter, like you would on any other car and drive for a few hundred to a few thousand miles. Good luck with that.
Sponsored

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
My engine doesn't vibrate on my 2016 with tech pkg. As a matter of fact it amazes me when I stop at a stop light how smooth the idle is. I think you could sit a glass of water on the dash and it would barely show a ripple.
Lol....your not revving it high enough then.

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
My paint is good and my gaps are fair to good. The interior is very good, no squeaks or rattles. Overall I am happy with the quality after 11 months. For the $ you can't beat it.

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
My car was built in March or May (I forget) 2016 and it's G4846.

Issues:
  1. Driver's side axle outer CV boot leaked grease within first 200 miles of use, replaced in my first week of ownership.
  2. Rear bumper fitment and trunk fitment is pretty bad, finally getting that fixed after my servicing dealership got approval from Ford
  3. My oil pump failed (0 PSI) at 3229 miles, and I've had several small issues as a result of my servicing dealership's mediocre work when replacing my engine
  4. I've experienced problems with my cooled seats, though it should be noted that this is a common S550 issue and there's a TSB on this

That's it so far!

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
My paint is good and my gaps are fair to good. The interior is very good, no squeaks or rattles. Overall I am happy with the quality after 11 months. For the $ you can't beat it.
Well yeah .....you were one of the lucky one's that got one @ MSRP back then. Plus a great choice black track pack. OK Ok I know I've got your evil twin:cheers:
Happy thanksgiving to you and your family.

Sponsored

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I don't have mine yet but I'm not expecting a masterpiece to arrive. I had a '15 50th appearance package car and it was pretty good as far as panel fitment and paint quality. Just remember the GT350 while it is a special model, it's still a mustang when you get down to it. You can't expect the same build quality as say an AMG Mercedes... Although we'd all love to see it that way. And a lot of people say oh but it's a $60k car! That's really not that much now a days if you stand back and look. I've bought 3 TRUCKS in the past year all all 3 were north of $60k. It used to be a lot of money years ago but now it's more of a mid range price. And more doesn't always constitute better quality either. My GS Vette was over $84k and the panels aren't perfect on that either. There also a rattle in the passenger door, the interior is a bitch to keep clean, it has some orange peel and it's got an airbag recall already! I'll be happy as long as its not scratched or dented, they can install the splitter right and pray it doesn't need an engine...

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Well yeah .....you were one of the lucky one's that got one @ MSRP back then. Plus a great choice black track pack. OK Ok I know I've got your evil twin:cheers:
Happy thanksgiving to you and your family.
Got lucky I guess. Thanks Mike. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Mine is a 2016 #249. So far nearing perfection. Lucky me.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
My rear cobra emblem came with a burn mark, least of my worries after engine replacement

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
My 26 trackpack #5498 is absolutely flawless. Paint is perfect. Gaps are dead on, yes the bumper gap is a little wide but even and not that bad. I have a 15 GT/PP also perfect.

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
One more thing for your list....Shelbys produced before or on 2/16/16 need to be aware of this ..
GT350 TSB Transmission Issue (TSB 16-0085 . Go to search and read about it. Still watching my trans.
I have the rear bumper gap problem but .....just live with it. The front fender side grille is starting to separate on the drivers side. You can see the tape. Again just live with it. This car will be traded for the next performance car someday. It's a mustang and somtimes you get a near perfect one and sometimes not. Again .....I just live with it.
To me it's still thousands under anything that "gets your motor running...going down the highway" you know the feeling.

Last edited:

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Well my vacuum cleaner and lawn mower do run rough can feel it on handle. All I can say is mine is smooth as silk at idle. Feel absolutely nothing through steering wheel, seat of pants or dash. If couldn't hear it would think it had stop start. Even if I put hand on shifter there is very little vibration. And yes I know the motor mounts etc. absorb the vibration but I think they did a darn good job of dampening the roughness of the engine on my car any way. And yes I will have oil filter torqued to specs on oil change. Because I understand that the engine itself has to be vibrating.

ElAntonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 (Grabber Blue, Electronics)
While the GT350 is a $60k car, it is a Mustang, which is firmly a $25k car.

The GT350 is built at the same line, to roughly the same standards, as the basiest-of-base Mustangs. Something to keep in mind.

They might do a bit of additional inspection, and the car gets more expensive components, but at the end of the day it's still the same employees with the same equipment.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Ford does not build the cars in that Ford is managing every aspect.
Per contracts with UAW the line workers are Ford employees but Ford actually hires a different company to actually run the plant and the plant is a joint operation with Mazda (this is a huge simplification- Ford is a huge organization with all types of outsourced relationships).
Mazda no longer has any stake in that plant. That's why it's name changed to Flat Rock Assembly. It's an all-Ford location.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Well my vacuum cleaner and lawn mower do run rough can feel it on handle. All I can say is mine is smooth as silk at idle. Feel absolutely nothing through steering wheel, seat of pants or dash. If couldn't hear it would think it had stop start. Even if I put hand on shifter there is very little vibration. And yes I know the motor mounts etc. absorb the vibration but I think they did a darn good job of dampening the roughness of the engine on my car any way. And yes I will have oil filter torqued to specs on oil change. Because I understand that the engine itself has to be vibrating.
There's no doubt the engine vibrates (all do), but the FPC creates a whole new set of harmonics and vibrations that the engineers had to deal with. Fortunately, they did a pretty good job of damping the transfer of the vibrations from the engine itself to the rest of the car, thus making the experience for most of us quite smooth. However, physics is physics, so just know the FPC for all its goodness is still trying to shake itself apart.

Ironically, the place I feel the vibrations the most is in the clutch pedal. Normal driving is fine, but when I rev it to the moon, I can feel the engine through the clutch, even after the spirited driving is over. It's like the throwout bearing gets moved around or out of alignment or something, and even for a few minutes after, I can still feel it. I'm not worried about it, other than I just hope the flywheel isn't loose or some other catastrophe waiting to happen. I'm sure it's not that, or I'd feel it all the time.

It's definitely an interesting car with all of it's "personalities".
Sponsored