Sponsored

So I attempted to buy a Mustang today...

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
8k over? Did they tell you that before or after pulling your credit? Because I certainly wouldn't have let them to do a hard pull on my bureaus. Not only are they schmucks; they gave you the parting gift of an extra credit inquiry.

Tcnarber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium, Black Betty
I had the same thing inImdiana, on,y thin was this dealership had already sat on the unit for a month. I went 30 miles down the road, and they would honor Xplan pus the $750 coupon I had.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
8k over MSRP! Is it an under cover GT350?
Its a 5.0, its not that big of a deal. No way i would pay a markup on a "rare 5.0." Keep looking around and find a dealer who is willing to work with your xplan.

Butter77

Ha....You said Member...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
These are the kind of dealers that I'd like to drop kick in the gallbladder. As everyone has already said, find another that will take x-plan, then go back after purchase and show your displeasure with a couple pounds of rubber on their lot.

Sponsored

SeventhWard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SeventhWard
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT
Sounds like Galpin. Prove me wrong, OP.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Galpin over the phone said they're taking X-Plan on Mustangs. They have more, and sell more Mustangs than anyone, I doubt any model other than the LE is "rare" there.
They are famous for "Galpinizing" their cars, especially F-Series trucks, but you normally at least get a custom paint job and wheels for the extra $.

Star in Glendale on the other hand, wouldn't budge from sticker on an orange V6 they had on the lot for 16 months.

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
8k! Run! My dealer gave me the GT at msrp no mark up at all. Also accepted my Xplan and 750 military discount.
I hate CA and would never live there I own multiple full auto class 3 weapons and suppressors, concele carry every day. California and myself would not get along

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
Galpin over the phone said they're taking X-Plan on Mustangs. They have more, and sell more Mustangs than anyone, I doubt any model other than the LE is "rare" there.
They are famous for "Galpinizing" their cars, especially F-Series trucks, but you normally at least get a custom paint job and wheels for the extra $.

Star in Glendale on the other hand, wouldn't budge from sticker on an orange V6 they had on the lot for 16 months.
They told me no x plan...ugh.... Any of these dealers have internet sales people? That's seems easier to negotiate, no b.s.

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood had an 8k mark up as well. And when I asked about x-plan the guy laughed in my face.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
These dealers need to understand that there will never be such a thing, unless we're talking about limited production SVT cars, as a "rare Mustang".

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
I thought Ford dealers were required to honor X-plan pricing on all cars except the SVT cars which are optional for the dealer.

My parents bought their '13 GT/CS from Galpin. They gave us the best deal. But that was the first salesman who didn't drive us away within 5 minutes from there either lol.

Edit: just looked it up and dealer participation is optional.

wfpostle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang Auto, 051A, 3.55
Names

Name names! Your story is just a story without them. In SoCal you have more choices than maybe any place else.

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
This. We're starting our Mustangs at sticker just because it is the new body style and Ford has no rebates. Still, we've negotiated on one (factory build) and would never turn down an X-Plan deal. That's just being ridiculous.
Same here. Store I work at has them all starting at sticker, and we've sold a few at X-plan already. They're honestly not that rare. No need for the ridiculous mark-up.

OP
OP

jlmoya88

Fucking A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Gray Premium Ecoboost
I went to West Covina ford and citrus ford both refused to give me x plan pricing. I'm going to try another dealer. Has any one received 0 apr? They made it seem like it would never happen even if I had a 760
Sponsored