Sponsored

So I attempted to buy a Mustang today...

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium
We DO NOT have a mark-up on them. We did add alarms and paint and leather protection at first, but we no longer have them on the car.
That's a mark-up. Unasked for items on the car. Especially the bogus paint and leather protection that's maybe a wax job and some scotch guard that takes less than 5 minutes to do. Then an alarm system which ford would provide for @ $395.00. From what I understand is retroactively installable.

You do know this is a car specific forum where most posters have done much research into the car they want to purchase?

Why try to back peddle? You screwed the pooch on the sale.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jlmoya88

Fucking A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Gray Premium Ecoboost
Finally got her! I found a dealer (Sunrise Ford) in Fontana that honored the x plan gave me a good trade in value for my 2012 Gti and I was able to negotiate a good Apr. I still wanted to fight for more on my trade in considering it was paid off and a lower Apr. I got a premium ecoboost in the color I wanted no drilled holes in the bumper :) with the shaker audio and adaptive cruise control. I really didn't not want the extras but with x plan its kind of like they threw them in at no cost lol at least thats how I like to think about it. Took 6 hours of negotiating. Its not a good deal unless both parties are getting screwed, in cars no matter what the buyer looses more than the dealer but cars are a passion and a hobby I understand that it will be money I can never get back. All in all I am very happy I have not even drove it, waiting for my next day off to fully enjoy it :)

steve1107

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 50AP
Took delivery 11/11, only reason I purchased from this dealer is they would not transfer it to my local dealer. I will not deal with them again.
That's... difficult to believe (their explanation, not your situation). Normally, your purchase paperwork always includes language that you sign over all Ford direct rebates/discounts to the dealer, and they in turn give you the discount off the purchase price. Shady dealers though, will 'forget' to tell YOU about the rebates, but curiously they remember every single last one when submitting the order to Ford (then keep them as pure profit).

Good on you for sticking to your guns. I'd be very wary of that place after you take delivery though. They're either prone to errors, or prone to taking advantage of people. Neither being very good.

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Southern California, huh? There's your problem.

edit: Looks like you got your car anyway, but all the stories I hear about SoCal and cars (even the BRZ/FR-S) always end up being stories about stealerships and their market adjustment

289isfine

289isfine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1200R
Glad to hear the story has a happy ending.

Congratulations

Post some pics...

Sponsored

ncford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
That's a mark-up. Unasked for items on the car. Especially the bogus paint and leather protection that's maybe a wax job and some scotch guard that takes less than 5 minutes to do. Then an alarm system which ford would provide for @ $395.00. From what I understand is retroactively installable.

You do know this is a car specific forum where most posters have done much research into the car they want to purchase?

Why try to back peddle? You screwed the pooch on the sale.
We no longer have any mark up on any of the Mustangs excluding the 50th year anniversary. We have a lot of new mustangs in stock and many other dealers around us are asking over MSRP.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
That's what I got. X-Plan minus the $750 coupon.:ford:
Me, too. And 1.98% for 60 months (could have gone 72) from my local CU.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
We DO NOT have a mark-up on them. We did add alarms and paint and leather protection at first, but we no longer have them on the car.
The window for really cranking the MSRP on any mass-produced Ford is pretty small. Getting back to normal already. Good.

Stingray Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech Package
Purchased my 2015 GT Premium 50th year anniversary package for sticker minus $500 owner rewards and $500 Black Friday cash. They were asking $2500 over MSRP but waived it since I have purchased 6 cars from them in the last 3 years. When I looked at the Corvette C7 in July of 2014 most dealers were marking them up $10,000. I used TrueCar and found a dealer in City of Industry discounting the car $5,725. Forwarded the email to my local dealer and they honored it. Saved almost $16,000! I'm sick of these greedy dealers.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Purchased my 2015 GT Premium 50th year anniversary package for sticker minus $500 owner rewards and $500 Black Friday cash. They were asking $2500 over MSRP but waived it since I have purchased 6 cars from them in the last 3 years. When I looked at the Corvette C7 in July of 2014 most dealers were marking them up $10,000. I used TrueCar and found a dealer in City of Industry discounting the car $5,725. Forwarded the email to my local dealer and they honored it. Saved almost $16,000! I'm sick of these greedy dealers.
Glad you are happy. That's still about $2,500 over X-plan and the rebates would still apply. Hate to douse your fun, but others should know X-Plan is THE WAY to fly unless you are a talented negotiator. Anyone with $50 can join Mustang Club of America and get an X-Plan PIN.
Sponsored