Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

xray16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT 350
I love the car. Came over from the last 3 generations of M3, and was set to get the new M4 when I saw the early videos of this on the ring. I really liked the look of the new Mustang and as more info trickled out I called my local dealer and he gave me first refusal on one of the 2 he was allocated for 2016. Picked it up 4/16 and love everything about it. The steering, brakes, engine, looks, sound. I did get the tech pack because I wanted the conveniences and figured I would track occasionally like I did the M cars.
I will say not one publication, nor the dealer, nor any comment from Ford or anyone in all the videos I watched before I bought said YOU CANNOT TRACK THE TECH CAR!!!
This is the gist of the matter. They marketed the GT 350 as a 911, a track car with all the goodies. The tech car has track apps, strut brace, magna ride. I read the track pack had coolers, and did not see the blurb in the owners manual about " add coolers" until I got home with the car. Ford marketed the car as a track car and NEVER said tech cars will overheat on the track and may in daily driving! Saying we tech guys should have known the track pack was the only car that could be tracked is ridiculous. Ford never said that. In fact my service guy asked me when I was going to track it, he had no f'ing idea about the trans issues! And the fact they hide the trans temp reading on the tech car makes the issue worse. Bottom line, I love the car, but clearly it is not what Ford said it was. I would gladly have added coolers if it was as simple as they made it out to be. Now to sell or trade I have to put an asterisk by the car.
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I'm going on about 7K miles so far in my 16' tech. So far no Issues though I did sign up with the suit as well. For myself, I feel like a small sense of de javu as back in 1999 we had the intake, exhaust and tune issues, though it was mitigated by Ford pretty quickly. My 95 SHO could beat that car pre fix. At the time I was working at Ford myself and seemed highly disappointment. Went and drove the Camaro SS at the time and thought to myself, "Seriously, this Cobra isn't so bad to switch to a Camaro!"

Like others have identified I truly love this car, and for someone that's had so many different vehicles I have to say that all cars are messed up in some way at some point. It's just the perception of disappointment may be amplified due to the cost of this vehicle. I still remember that my 99 cost $32,170 and the only option was the spoiler.
I have a hard time time respecting a position like that

My2017CamaroZL1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
I love the car. Came over from the last 3 generations of M3, and was set to get the new M4 when I saw the early videos of this on the ring. I really liked the look of the new Mustang and as more info trickled out I called my local dealer and he gave me first refusal on one of the 2 he was allocated for 2016. Picked it up 4/16 and love everything about it. The steering, brakes, engine, looks, sound. I did get the tech pack because I wanted the conveniences and figured I would track occasionally like I did the M cars.
I will say not one publication, nor the dealer, nor any comment from Ford or anyone in all the videos I watched before I bought said YOU CANNOT TRACK THE TECH CAR!!!
This is the gist of the matter. They marketed the GT 350 as a 911, a track car with all the goodies. The tech car has track apps, strut brace, magna ride. I read the track pack had coolers, and did not see the blurb in the owners manual about " add coolers" until I got home with the car. Ford marketed the car as a track car and NEVER said tech cars will overheat on the track and may in daily driving! Saying we tech guys should have known the track pack was the only car that could be tracked is ridiculous. Ford never said that. In fact my service guy asked me when I was going to track it, he had no f'ing idea about the trans issues! And the fact they hide the trans temp reading on the tech car makes the issue worse. Bottom line, I love the car, but clearly it is not what Ford said it was. I would gladly have added coolers if it was as simple as they made it out to be. Now to sell or trade I have to put an asterisk by the car.
I hear you. When I bought my Tech Pack, a 2017 Track Pack was sitting right next to it. No one said anything.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
I jumped ship two days before the lawsuit. I am so glad I did. I got a good price for the tradein and got the new ZL1 for $4k under sticker. Amazing car. No cooling problems with 11 of them. It is faster than the GT350R and has all of the tech goodies. Way more than the GT350 and it has a back seat(if you can call it that). The Bose stereo is the best I have ever heard. But don't use it much. I just listen to the motor.

I wish the GT350 would have worked out, but I think it was meant to be.
Congrats, sounds like you got a good deal. The ZL1 is a bad ass car statistically better than the GT350 in every way. At a stop light I sure don't want to be next to you, but I prefer the GT350 sound and looks so it's GT350 for me. Bummer (for me) that you also get a Bose sound system, have them in all my Cadillacs and definitely the best factory system I have ever heard.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
We'll there's to perspectives you can take.
1. That the alleged claims are true and there will be a loss of resale value of the vehicle. In theory the class action may result in some monetary reimbursement that would offset the value in long run.
2. The class action will result in the option or in addition; allow for the factory trans and diff cooler installed at a dealer.

The claim in general is not about owners that have actually had something happen, yet reflect false advertising by Ford that the vehicle was built and sold to be capable of X, yet due to deficiencies in the vehicle requirements can only do Y.
This may be of course why the coolers are standard in all model in 2017+.
Again the suit is for all owners whom have vehicles that haven't shown issues yet but have the potential in the future of having issues without these coolers installed.

And if your one of those owners that goes out one day and your trans fries because of a hot Washington DC day stuck on 295, you take it to the dealer and they don't want to recognize any warranty, because they felt you were at fault you'll be praying for this class action. You'll be looking for a precedence set to look back on.

With at least the class action recognized, you at least have some additional leverage to say to the dealer; and if not ford themselves that this is a common issue and here's the evidence or pattern among these vehicles.
Excellent points...just because "limp mode" hasnt manifested in a base/tech GT350 doesnt mean that we werent victims of Ford's fraud.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So you have no problem but signed up to join the class? WoW. How does that work EXACTLY??? Smh
Just because majority of the GT350s didnt burst into flames Ford shouldnt had done the recall?

Just because you didnt suffer any reduction in performance ford shouldnt replace you engine?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
So it's ok to just make stuff up at this point?

"There was no literature." - there was.

"The cars do it on the street." - where's the proof?

"I'm signing up for the suit just because." Cheese-n-rice

Fake news! ;)

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2010 VW GTI, 2016 Mustang GT350
So it's ok to just make stuff up at this point?

"There was no literature." - there was.

"The cars do it on the street." - where's the proof?

"I'm signing up for the suit just because." Cheese-n-rice

Fake news! ;)
Proof for street limp mode? I will go to the dealer they can check that there is no current limp mode code. I will go out for an hour go back to the dealer and they will find a limp mode code on the car. In a hour I could not have made it to a track. This will stand up in court. I just don't understand why people who have a passion for the same car still have to be fighting against this issue. I guess they are just negative in nature.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Proof for street limp mode? I will go to the dealer they can check that there is no current limp mode code. I will go out for an hour go back to the dealer and they will find a limp mode code on the car. In a hour I could not have made it to a track. This will stand up in court. I just don't understand why people who have a passion for the same car still have to be fighting against this issue. I guess they are just negative in nature.
Damn. I just wanted to post to say I was the one thousandth post.
You beat me to it with an actual legit post. :lol:

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Not negative - just tired of seeing BS excuses made up with a victim mentality.

So you can either replicate track conditions on the street or something is wrong with your car. It's not complicated. We all don't have such great roads that we can do this....and we also don't all want to go out and break the law, putting others lives at risk on the street.

I've already seen at least two people on here swear the trans overheats sitting in traffic....well...sorry, but that's not how manual transmissions generate heat. This type of "story" just smells of "I'm going to make something up in order to escalate this issue".

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Not negative - just tired of seeing BS excuses made up with a victim mentality.

So you can either replicate track conditions on the street or something is wrong with your car. It's not complicated. We all don't have such great roads that we can do this....and we also don't all want to go out and break the law, putting others lives at risk on the street.

I've already seen at least two people on here swear the trans overheats sitting in traffic....well...sorry, but that's not how manual transmissions generate heat. This type of "story" just smells of "I'm going to make something up in order to escalate this issue".
RPM and application of power heat up the transmission. Due to Ford's design, the transmission on a tech/base car will not cool down easily. You don't have to replicate track conditions on the street. You just have to let the engine spin and do some acceleration/decceleration in order to overheat the transmission on the street. No need to exceed the speed limit or endanger others.

You simply don't know what you're talking about, but yet you post as though you know more than those of us that actually own a base/tech and have experienced the problem first hand.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
RPM and application of power heat up the transmission. Due to Ford's design, the transmission on a tech/base car will not cool down easily. You don't have to replicate track conditions on the street. You just have to let the engine spin and do some acceleration/decceleration in order to overheat the transmission on the street. No need to exceed the speed limit or endanger others.

You simply don't know what you're talking about, but yet you post as though you know more than those of us that actually own a base/tech and have experienced the problem first hand.
I like how you completely ignored my point. I specifically pointed to people who say that theirs overheats sitting in traffic.

I know what I know and I know that doesn't include everything - but at least I can read.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I like how you completely ignored my point. I specifically pointed to people who say that theirs overheats sitting in traffic.

I know what I know and I know that doesn't include everything - but at least I can read.
I did ignore the thing about overheating in traffic. I have never had that happen to my car. But unlike you I'm not going to assume I know better and that the people who had that happen must be lying.

And I don't think you read my post carefully enough. Maybe you should try again. I addressed several of your points, but you didn't seem to realize that.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I had to go back and look at your posts since you got me wondering..."How does a guy named "TRACK CRAZY GT350" end up with a Tech pack car and complaining about it? Well it turns out, you've asked the questions and have been answered WAY back before you even had the car.

In this thread, that you started: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14338
Subject: Will the GT350 really be track ready?
You start off by stating that you're tired of having to prep your cars for road course action. Multiple people (wow, everyone seemed to agree back then!) said that their read was that the track package would be required.

Your next thread:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16983
Subject: GT350 TRACK PACK COOLERS ??
You said: Anyone know how the GT350 track pack oil, transmission and differential coolers will operate? Looks like the only things the technology pack does not have and the track pack does are these coolers and the strut tower brace. I wonder if the coolers will really be needed for HPDE events?
So I am still undecided about getting the Technology Pack or the Track Pack as you can not get both. I guess as you stated the coolers would be nice to have with the extra HP of the GT350 but then you give up the benefits of the Tech Pack.

For a guy who says he spends a lot of time setting up cars for road course driving, it seems you would be all over the track pack but it was obvious that you wanted the toys of the tech pack and regardless of doing your own research and being told by others that the Track pack is the way to go, you got a Tech - which is fine - unless you're not claiming someone fooled you into buying it, which is obviously not the case here.

Amazing that we look to Ford for all of this literature but really, the information is all here, on this forum.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.