Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I'm a Mustang nut like everyone else
I am not a Mustang nut and a lot of people that bought the GT350 are not either. I like a lot of other people were attracted to it because it was the first Mustang that could really handle with the competition while having a big ass N/A V8 etc.

So regardless of the lawsuit Ford should do something because their reputation is on the line. If they want to keep a lot of the crossover buyers they got (and get them to buy other Ford products not just FP) with this car they need to step up more than they have with the product support.

Maybe since some of us are not we are able to see both sides a little bit better. Dunno.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
That's something you don't have to worry about, while tech owners do. That fact alone warrants some kind of action doesn't it? Their are countless cars on the road that can handle 100 + degree days without issue.
You mean like almost every other modern car out there. :lol:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Just because majority of the GT350s didnt burst into flames Ford shouldnt had done the recall?

Just because you didnt suffer any reduction in performance ford shouldnt replace you engine?
hahahahahahahahah!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
hahahahahahahahah!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
what did the recall have to do with the HI-PO's fire which an actual failure till this date is not know but suspected to be from a failed snap ring?

My engine failed! as in material failure thus my car will be replaced or bought back, simple.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My disclaimer is I had to wait nearly a year before my 2016 was to be built and originally ordered a tech package. So I was able to get out of it and get a 2017. But I think it can be mentally unhealthy to continue to express frustration about a consumer product you are displeased with for over a year. If I had received the 2016 and had issues with it that could not be fixed to my satisfaction, I would get rid of it even at a slight loss just like any other material thing, not caring if it was my fault or Ford's fault after a certain length of time with the exception of a true lemon which has recourse. It's after all just a car that you are unhappy with, not an inviolable principle.

There are 4000 tech and base GT350s out there. I'm guessing 90+% have no issues as they don't track. Some have added coolers as suggested even tho a PITA. To the rest please just sell the car or trade it in on something you will hopefully be happier with and call it a day. Just a thought that for your own mental well being it's time to move on no matter whose fault it is.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
From an outsider with friends with both base and tech cars looking in. This is for conversation only and not to convince or belittle anyone. I believe those that have hit limp mode under "normal driving conditions" which is defined by Ford not me, have a legitimate case. Document, document, document! This is not a difficult process albeit it is stressful and time consuming but Ford would have no choice but to provide some sort of resolution. Instead this has grapevine written all over it. How so? I'll explain. It was very few initially reporting the "limp mode" issue and once hit the inter-webs it BLEWUP!!!! Natural progression right? Have an issue share with the community. Except this time many with the base/tech cars jumped on the bandwagon regardless if they have even experienced and issue. Case in point, this law suit was initiated by a couple that have not hit 'LIMP MODE". Don't believe me? Read the case as I did and like Prego "it's in there". There are more than 4000 base/tech cars sold and a little over 12 class members for which half have not even experienced "limp mode", the other half has but on the track and just a few hit “limp mode” under “normal driving conditions”.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I am not a Mustang nut and a lot of people that bought the GT350 are not either. I like a lot of other people were attracted to it because it was the first Mustang that could really handle with the completion while having a big ass N/A V8 etc.

So regardless of the lawsuit Ford should do something because their reputation is on the line. If they want to keep a lot of the crossover buyers they got (and get them to buy other Ford products not just FP) with this car the need to step up more than they have with the product support.

Maybe since some of us are not we are able to see both sides a little bit better. Dunno.
You took that out of context. What I said was, "I'm a Mustang nut like everyone else but the fact that someone else shares my interest doesn't automatically give them a free pass as a human being, IMO."

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
You took that out of context. What I said was, "I'm a Mustang nut like everyone else but the fact that someone else shares my interest doesn't automatically give them a free pass as a human being, IMO."
How did I use what you said out of context?

The bolded part I 100 percent agree with you on. ;)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
How did I use what you said out of context?

The bolded part I 100 percent agree with you on. ;)
My bad - seemed like you were saying that I was leaning one way because I "was" a Mustang nut ;0

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Lol - So now quoting EXACTLY what YOU said in threads that YOU started makes me unstable and not worthy? I guess facts and documentation are just too much for you. Like I said, it only caught my interest because you seemed like the type of person who would specifically buy a Track package car and I was curious why you ended up with a Tech pack car and found your way into this circus of a thread.

You are a prime example of the worst kind of consumer and a poor representative of this particular issue. You clearly asked the questions, clearly got answers from your peers, clearly stated that you have road course experience and then went on to clearly state that the tech options were more important to you....then bought a Tech. Now you're on here crying foul... If I dig, I bet I can find a post where you complain that the information wasn't available to you and that you were bamboozled. Truth hurts, I guess....
I hate it. ;) But, I've got to agree with you here. This does seem very odd.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
what did the recall have to do with the HI-PO's fire which an actual failure till this date is not know but suspected to be from a failed snap ring?
Why are you brining up Hi-Po's fire?

Last edited:

xray16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT 350
I would like to see the "literature" that I should have been given up front that said YOU CANNOT TRACK THE TECH PACKAGE CARS, THE TRANS WILL OVERHEAT!!! You can add tech goodies to BMW M cars and 911's if you want some comforts in a car you can track now and then. I guess I figured the track pack was for hard core track use, but the tech cars as they were marketed should be able to do a driving school or run hard on the tail of the dragon without the trans overheating!
If by literature you mean the blurb in the owners manual that says to add coolers which I was not privy to before I bought, that's a joke! Even more of a joke you cannot add coolers reasonably. Ford's assumption that folks should have known the track pack was the only way to run on the track is BS the way the 350 was marketed. My dealer knew nothing about the issue, and I could have had a '17 he had coming.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I'm a Mustang nut like everyone else...
That's the thing. I think most of the people bitching the hardest aren't Mustang nuts, they're guys that saw Porsche level performance on the cheap and didn't bother to think it through. Now they're surprised that a Ford Mustang is actually a Ford Mustang.

I read this forum for sport and schadenfreude these days. Hopefully it'll get better when all the "real car guys" move on to the next hot car. I suggest the ZL1, as it has more radiators.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I would like to see the "literature" that I should have been given up front that said YOU CANNOT TRACK THE TECH PACKAGE CARS, THE TRANS WILL OVERHEAT!!! You can add tech goodies to BMW M cars and 911's if you want some comforts in a car you can track now and then. I guess I figured the track pack was for hard core track use, but the tech cars as they were marketed should be able to do a driving school or run hard on the tail of the dragon without the trans overheating!
If by literature you mean the blurb in the owners manual that says to add coolers which I was not privy to before I bought, that's a joke! Even more of a joke you cannot add coolers reasonably. Ford's assumption that folks should have known the track pack was the only way to run on the track is BS the way the 350 was marketed. My dealer knew nothing about the issue, and I could have had a '17 he had coming.

One that comes to mind - your dealer had this.
cooler.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.