Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Proof for street limp mode? I will go to the dealer they can check that there is no current limp mode code. I will go out for an hour go back to the dealer and they will find a limp mode code on the car. In a hour I could not have made it to a track. This will stand up in court. I just don't understand why people who have a passion for the same car still have to be fighting against this issue. I guess they are just negative in nature.
I don't know how much our ecu's log but it may not be that simple. At a minimum it so log what you where doing when limp hit
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I did ignore the thing about overheating in traffic. I have never had that happen to my car. But unlike you I'm not going to assume I know better and that the people who had that happen must be lying.
I wouldn't and didn't say that everyone was lying. I suggested the likelihood that at least a couple people who have posted here, who say their cars overheat while sitting still, are full of shit. :) I'll agree with you that I don't know everything but I do have some experience in this area and that's where our opinions and conversations come from. Otherwise, IF I replied to any thread at all, I would just say "I don't know" all of the time. lol.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wouldn't and didn't say that everyone was lying. I suggested the likelihood that at least a couple people who have posted here, who say their cars overheat while sitting still, are full of shit. :) I'll agree with you that I don't know everything but I do have some experience in this area and that's where our opinions and conversations come from. Otherwise, IF I replied to any thread at all, I would just say "I don't know" all of the time. lol.
But instead you have chosen to attack fellow GT350 owners over and over again.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Anybody gone to the dealer and requested a data logger be installed, then take it for drive and see if you can get limp mode turn on. Then you will the cause and proof.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
But instead you have chosen to attack fellow GT350 owners over and over again.
I'm a Mustang nut like everyone else but the fact that someone else shares my interest doesn't automatically give them a free pass as a human being, IMO. I could go on and on about the lack of personal responsibility and such but in the end, I do just want you guys to be happy. It's just tiring to see everyone acting like they are owed something.

If anything, I think this suit HURTs more than it helps - it's taken the focus off of actual solutions and has everyone sitting idle in a thread while we infight about the merits of the whole thing. I don't know what Ford had in mind for resolving this before (if at all..I just don't know) but they've for sure had to stop in their tracks and re-evaluate their potential offerings - as a peace offering solution could be seen as admission of guilt at this point, and the lawyers get a ton of money.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm a Mustang nut like everyone else but the fact that someone else shares my interest doesn't automatically give them a free pass as a human being, IMO. I could go on and on about the lack of personal responsibility and such but in the end, I do just want you guys to be happy. It's just tiring to see everyone acting like they are owed something.

If anything, I think this suit HURTs more than it helps - it's taken the focus off of actual solutions and has everyone sitting idle in a thread while we infight about the merits of the whole thing. I don't know what Ford had in mind for resolving this before (if at all..I just don't know) but they've for sure had to stop in their tracks and re-evaluate their potential offerings - as a peace offering solution could be seen as admission of guilt at this point, and the lawyers get a ton of money.
Whether you and I or a couple other GT350 fans spend time in this thread or not has nothing to do with actual solutions.

The suit might make Ford reconsider whether to advertise a car as the most track capable Mustang ever and then save a few bucks by leaving the coolers off it. That is the outcome I'm hoping to see. And it can be an example for other companies as well.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Whether you and I or a couple other GT350 fans spend time in this thread or not has nothing to do with actual solutions.

The suit might make Ford reconsider whether to advertise a car as the most track capable Mustang ever and then save a few bucks by leaving the coolers off it. That is the outcome I'm hoping to see. And it can be an example for other companies as well.
They didn't save money if the car had the coolers it would of cost more. All you are asking for is less choice as a consumer. What about all the people who dont want to track and dont want to pay 2 to 3K for coolers?

This suit may cause ford to not make certain cars in the future the cars we all want.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
They didn't save money if the car had the coolers it would of cost more. All you are asking for is less choice as a consumer. What about all the people who dont want to track and dont want to pay 2 to 3K for coolers?

This suit may cause ford to not make certain cars in the future the cars we all want.
I highly doubt that. Chevy did the same thing to their customers. Now the new Camaro has 11 coolers... We can hope for the same thing.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Mine has overheated in traffic on the street. It also happened to be on a mountain pass in stop and go traffic. I did not have the temp gauge enabled at that time. It has not happened on the street since but I haven't been in a similar traffic jam since then either. I also had a passenger which I rarely do.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

This is the alarming part! Very true.

Another sad truth, many of those complaining:
A) knew in advance that there was a track pack
B) knew in advance it would be needed for the track
C) never have and never will hit limp mode on the street
D) are just lug nut waxers who never drive hard, or on the track, who just like to sit at car shows and brag about how track capable their car is, and are now embarrassed that their rear wing proclaims them poseurs.

Sponsored

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The base GT350 was 50k. Whats the base on the new Camaro?
I see where you're going, but would you rather have a more expensive car or a cheaper option that they hide an overheating issue with? I would have rather had the option to have all the goodies in 16 and pay more than have a neutered car that is a street queen. Financially it's pointless for me to trade up to a 17. I'll wait for the next boosted iteration of the "gt500" or whatever it will be.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I see where you're going, but would you rather have a more expensive car or a cheaper option that they hide an overheating issue with? I would have rather had the option to have all the goodies in 16 and pay more than have a neutered car that is a street queen. Financially it's pointless for me to trade up to a 17. I'll wait for the next boosted iteration of the "gt500" or whatever it will be.
Dunno I don't think we have established a over heating issue any where outside of the track. The amount of techs that have over heated on the street doesn't seem much higher then the number of engines that have been lost.

I feel like some of this is people upset by Issue they will never had that has been massively over stated by a few owners who thought they were getting a race car.

If my car overheated on a 100 degree day I wouldn't be upset. There has to be some reasonable level of expectation.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
The base GT350 was 50k. Whats the base on the new Camaro?
And how many people actually paid 50k for a base? Very few according to the overall sales stats. Most paid 60 plus and wouldn't of minded paying a few k more for a complete car.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Dunno I don't think we have established a over heating issue any where outside of the track. The amount of techs that have over heated on the street doesn't seem much higher then the number of engines that have been lost.

I feel like some of this is people upset by Issue they will never had that has been massively over stated by a few owners who thought they were getting a race car.

If my car overheated on a 100 degree day I wouldn't be upset. There has to be some reasonable level of expectation.
That's something you don't have to worry about, while tech owners do. That fact alone warrants some kind of action doesn't it? Their are countless cars on the road that can handle 100 + degree days without issue.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.