S550 2020-2023 Brake fluid sensor recall

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
i just got the call but I’m tuned and modded I was hoping they were just gonna put some new little sensor on and call it a day and I could go buy that sensor and do it myself smh. I’m assuming I’d have to flash to a stock tune to have this recall done any insight appreciated.
Yes so the mobile tech said they are not touching anyone's Mustang that has any aftermarket tune or mods (chip mods not things like springs or sways). The update he said touches all the modules in the car, BCM, ECM, etc.
Sponsored

Nitrofish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt 301a
@gone_n_60 nice that’s what I figured there answer would be on tuned cars thanks.

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
Ford sent a technician to my house today and flashed the BCM for this recall..
Good to go.
I called the dealership yesterday morning and their mobile guy showed up in my garage this morning. Took him about 20 mins to complete. He courtesy checked everything including levels etc.... Installed a new set of wiper blades @ no charge. He also scanned my wife's 2017 GT/CS Convert courtesy checked etc...

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I was wondering if my car being tuned would matter. I don't like my local service department in the slightest & was having nightmares at the thought of having to take my car in to them. This thread just answered my concerns. I'll just keep checking my fluids, like I always do.

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spacecitypanteras.com
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350R LR217, 2017 Raptor, 20 720S, 71 Pantera
I was wondering if my car being tuned would matter. I don't like my local service department in the slightest & was having nightmares at the thought of having to take my car in to them. This thread just answered my concerns. I'll just keep checking my fluids, like I always do.
The technician that came to my house actually asked if I had a tune.
I replied truthfully 'no' and didn't pursue it further.

I did have the double horn honk disabled and the update reset that, as I expected.

FWIW,
Kirby

Sponsored

Bullitt$Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3456, 2018 F150 CC Lariat, 18 HD SGS
Tech came to my house yesterday. I wasn’t home and the wife gave him the key. He claimed it was already done - it can be an OTA update too.

I highly doubt it. Anyone have an idea? I’m going to call Ford and ask but figured I’d put it out here too. Checking fluids is something that should be done anyway…

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I've had this notice since November/December lol my baby sits until spring so she ain't getting anything done till she comes off the tender for good weather. I don't know of any Ford dealership in the Greater Toronto Area that will send a tech to do... anything.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Tech came to my house yesterday...He claimed it was already done - it can be an OTA update too.
It's possible on the S650. I've not read anything related to the S550. If it was available to us, I'd think Ford would state that in their notification letter, to 1) encourage people to complete the recall, 2) save $$$, time and effort, dispatching or using techs to complete the update.

The tech, using his access and tools, might be able to perform an OTA, versus a local load using his directly-attached device; the tech might pull an image from a remote server.

The only OTA-like updates I'm aware of involve Sync/Nav and not the BCM or PCM/ECM.

Last edited:

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
If you've run out of brake fluid, there is a bigger problem than a failed alert

I've had this notice since November/December lol my baby sits until spring so she ain't getting anything done till she comes off the tender for good weather. I don't know of any Ford dealership in the Greater Toronto Area that will send a tech to do... anything.
You have a roush tune, are you sure you want to let them mess with it? :crazy:

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
You have a roush tune, are you sure you want to let them mess with it? :crazy:
Colony Ford in Brampton seems pretty good. I've taken my ride there twice to have them apply the latest Roush calibration as they are a Roush authorized dealer. You think they would drop the ball?

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Colony Ford in Brampton seems pretty good. I've taken my ride there twice to have them apply the latest Roush calibration as they are a Roush authorized dealer. You think they would drop the ball?
I have a dealer that I fully trust as well, but I don't want to take chances for something that doesn't need to be touched.

I happen to flush brake fluid at least 3 times a year, and inspect brake system components even more frequently. I know I have brake fluid by seeing it in the brake reservoir. I don't need a sensor for that. And if I happen to drop all the brake fluid, I will also know this because there will be no brakes long before all fluid comes out from the reservoir.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I'll pass, dealerships only touch my car as a last resort and this isn't something I'm concerned about.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'll pass, dealerships only touch my car as a last resort and this isn't something I'm concerned about.
Just keep it in the back of your mind if you have to take it to a dealership for something. They will automatically do it since it’s considered a safety issue. I think there’s been some mixed feedback regarding cars that are tuned and whether it needs to be returned to stock to do it and if it’s not it may mess with the tune (or the dealer just won’t do it).

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Just keep it in the back of your mind if you have to take it to a dealership for something. They will automatically do it since it’s considered a safety issue. I think there’s been some mixed feedback regarding cars that are tuned and whether it needs to be returned to stock to do it and if it’s not it may mess with the tune (or the dealer just won’t do it).
I'm tuned, and I could revert to factory tune but then if they update me I would need to get a new tune written for me since my tune is based on the software version back in 22. Big pain in the Ars!