Sponsored

S550 2020-2023 Brake fluid sensor recall

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Recently released, docs to those affected is said to be distributed first week Dec.

Compliance Recall 23C35

Ford Motor Company is recalling certain 2020-2023 Mustang vehicles. The brake fluid level sensor may not activate the visual warning indicator when the brake fluid is low. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 135, “Light Vehicle Brake Systems.”

US population of affected vehicles: 186,934. Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS and FSA VIN Lists.
Attached are the pertinent docs.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
I got my recall yesterday and they said it would take half a day.......WHAT??

What needs to be done.......replace brake reservoir/sensor or just re-flash ECM??

There's only one dealer locally that I'd let mess with my car and they are an hour away!!

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spacecitypanteras.com
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350R LR217, 2017 Raptor, 20 720S, 71 Pantera
I got my recall yesterday and they said it would take half a day.......WHAT??

What needs to be done.......replace brake reservoir/sensor or just re-flash ECM??

There's only one dealer locally that I'd let mess with my car and they are an hour away!!
Ford sent a technician to my house today and flashed the BCM for this recall..
Good to go.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
did not originally run certification tests on the 2020 - 2023MY Mustang because the brake system was carryover and the Brake Development team was not aware that the BCM configuration parameter was incorrectly set to “CAN”.
So basically nobody is minding the store and can't bother to read 'git log'. Nor run a battery of validation tests with EVERY build of the firmware with necessary simulation or injection of defined failure states.

This is software engineering 101 for crying out loud! It took the Koreans to pinpoint this? Many months after the cars hit US market?

Downright pathetic and irresponsible, Ford! What else don't these numbskulls not bother to test and verify in the safety systems?

Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Update/FYI: I was recently contacted by one of the local Ford dealers I had some service done so they have my GT info. They sent a mobile unit out to do the re-flash of the BCM per the recall work. Guy showed up and setup his laptop and took about 1 1/2 hrs. to redo the BCM but it also touches all the other modules too. Interesting. He left saying if "anything" comes up with strange messages let them know and they'd tow it in and fix whatever was wrong. He also mentioned he's had some Mustangs that "bricked", yike!

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Update/FYI: I was recently contacted by one of the local Ford dealers I had some service done so they have my GT info. They sent a mobile unit out to do the re-flash of the BCM per the recall work. Guy showed up and setup his laptop and took about 1 1/2 hrs. to redo the BCM but it also touches all the other modules too. Interesting. He left saying if "anything" comes up with strange messages let them know and they'd tow it in and fix whatever was wrong. He also mentioned he's had some Mustangs that "bricked", yike!
This is why I am NOT having this or the Backup Camera ECU flash. Car is running and working perfectly, and will keep it that way.

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
This is why I am NOT having this or the Backup Camera ECU flash. Car is running and working perfectly, and will keep it that way.
You and me both!

For part of my work, I fly an Autel drone. I've read too many stories of big problems after an "upgrade". If it's working...leave it alone.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
They brought the bricked Mustangs in and re-flashed no problem. Not sure if the mobile service folks are the brightest bulbs either. It's obviously less of a drain on the Service centers to not have to arrange all those customers to come in and take up tech schedules just for a flash. They also don't put the A-Team on the mobile vans. ;-O
For me it seemed to work just fine, GT is running smooth. fwiw it's just sitting on rack being it was -4 this morning.

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
And yet the s650 exists ....
LOL.... Behold the difference between Corporate and Enthusiast decision making.

I think Ford went in the total wrong direction with the 650. I like most of the mechanical updates, but wished they trimmed weight and size making it lighter and nimbler, and shortening overhangs, and incorporated the fablets INTO the dash and console rather than tacking them on.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
LOL.... Behold the difference between Corporate and Enthusiast decision making.

I think Ford went in the total wrong direction with the 650. I like most of the mechanical updates, but wished they trimmed weight and size making it lighter and nimbler, and shortening overhangs, and incorporated the fablets INTO the dash and console rather than tacking them on.
No like?
1705346039317.png

Nitrofish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt 301a
i just got the call but I’m tuned and modded I was hoping they were just gonna put some new little sensor on and call it a day and I could go buy that sensor and do it myself smh. I’m assuming I’d have to flash to a stock tune to have this recall done any insight appreciated.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Or you just don't run out of brake fluid....
Exactly. Anybody who is not checking their fluids as a frigging moron. No need for this update.
Sponsored