Sponsored

RUSSIAN builds a V6 (Car right now) (Updated with all new stuff)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The ceramic should hold their color better (see the heat discoloration on Russian's car) and will keep more of the heat in the headers and less in the engine bay. That's probably a small amount. I'd ask bbk.
Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Oh okay yeah I could care less about the discoloration, that does not justify the price difference to me. Thanks for the answer.

Redass Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 V6
There is no performance difference, the ceramic ones will stay the same color where the chrome will discolor after being heated but I think it's kind of cool
db7f46b35ab328c74814549c7ff93646.jpg

On a side note the performance gains between the roush axle back and the headers is noticeable, I dropped it into 2nd from 40 and completely spun my tires which I couldn't have done before and the low end tq makes the drivability way better. As for sound the roush ab sounds like a ricer on its own but with the shorties it sounds AMAZING. I want to get a video up but I want to do it right so I need some time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Nice! I am definitely ordering the headers but will most likely wait until they have an axle back available for my car. I don't wanna chop up the stock one if I don't have too.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
There is no performance difference, the ceramic ones will stay the same color where the chrome will discolor after being heated but I think it's kind of cool
db7f46b35ab328c74814549c7ff93646.jpg

On a side note the performance gains between the roush axle back and the headers is noticeable, I dropped it into 2nd from 40 and completely spun my tires which I couldn't have done before and the low end tq makes the drivability way better. As for sound the roush ab sounds like a ricer on its own but with the shorties it sounds AMAZING. I want to get a video up but I want to do it right so I need some time

:eyebulge: :clap2::clap2: :headbang:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! I am definitely ordering the headers but will most likely wait until they have an axle back available for my car. I don't wanna chop up the stock one if I don't have too.
did you mean cat back?

I'm totally sold on this combo and leaving the resonator alone. The very small weight loss by deleting it won't be noticeable and the unique sound is worth it.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Can't wait to hear it Rob!

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
There is no performance difference, the ceramic ones will stay the same color where the chrome will discolor after being heated but I think it's kind of cool On a side note the performance gains between the roush axle back and the headers is noticeable, I dropped it into 2nd from 40 and completely spun my tires which I couldn't have done before and the low end tq makes the drivability way better. As for sound the roush ab sounds like a ricer on its own but with the shorties it sounds AMAZING. I want to get a video up but I want to do it right so I need some time

If you are able to capture acceleration and deceleration sound from outside that would be awesome! For the sound improvement in general for sure, but also how your combo sounds with the decelleration popping.

Can you describe what you mean when you say the Rousch axle back sounds ricey? Did you record any audio of that? And how did the headers change the sounds?

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered the shorty headers today, i am very excited after seeing the videos of them installed to have them put on my car. Was also considering the BBK 73mm throttle body but I can't see spending $400 on that mod just yet.

Sponsored

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Ordered the shorty headers today, i am very excited after seeing the videos of them installed to have them put on my car. Was also considering the BBK 73mm throttle body but I can't see spending $400 on that mod just yet.
Trust me, you only need a larger throttle body when your engine is running a tune and some mods that are not just bolt ons (see ported intake manifold). If you are just running your car stock, there is not that much of a need for one.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Exactly what I read FireHive. That is why I'm holding off and besides I can do other mods with that $400. I'm really waiting for the tunes to be released as I have already ordered the tuner back in november when I bought the car.

Redass Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 V6
Y'all need to check out cyclone mustangs on face book, it's a great community and they have discounts for almost all the vendors, but they have a guy that does ported intakes for a reasonable price that I can't think of off the top of my head

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Look what has just arrived :D:D:D
IMG_1624.jpg
IMG_1625 (3).JPG

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score