Sponsored

RUSSIAN builds a V6 (Car right now) (Updated with all new stuff)

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
All you guys getting headers are making me sad... :( One day I will get mine... One day...
Sponsored

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Look what has just arrived :D:D:D
Can you post a picture of the under side back (passenger side)? Where I believe the hardest nut to get too is, from descriptions. Want to see how close the header tube is to the surface of that last back lower hole. I believe that is where RA Rob said it would be easier to trim the stud length before installing.

measurement of approximate clearance between tube and surface nut tightens down to would be great as well. :D

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Can you post a picture of the under side back (passenger side)? Where I believe the hardest nut to get too is, from descriptions. Want to see how close the header tube is to the surface of that last back lower hole. I believe that is where RA Rob said it would be easier to trim the stud length before installing.

measurement of approximate clearance between tube and surface nut tightens down to would be great as well. :D
Sure can. Will be installing them tomorrow at local race shop with a lift and everything. I'll make sure to take pics/videos :)

OP
OP
RUSSIAN

RUSSIAN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 C.O. V6 MANUAL |#399 6G.M.R.|
Sure can. Will be installing them tomorrow at local race shop with a lift and everything. I'll make sure to take pics/videos :)
Awesome man! Do you have any other mods installed as far as exhaust? It'd be nice to hear someone else's opinion on just headers no catbacks!

Sponsored

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Awesome man! Do you have any other mods installed as far as exhaust? It'd be nice to hear someone else's opinion on just headers no catbacks!
Nop, nothing at all apart from a JLT catch can :). This is the first serious mod. I also have an auto so it's gonna be good to compare your manual vs mine in terms of performance results :cheers:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
What's stopping you?
Money.... I am a full time 2nd year mechanical engineering student. So during the spring and fall semesters I can only work part time... I was able to do the CAI because of tax returns.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Y'all need to check out cyclone mustangs on face book, it's a great community and they have discounts for almost all the vendors, but they have a guy that does ported intakes for a reasonable price that I can't think of off the top of my head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom, aka buildingsleeper, aka Lone Wolf Performance.

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
HEADERS ARE ON!!!

Install: Total pain in the ass. We had to snip the first bolt (the one closer to the mufflers) off on both sides due to clearance. Tightening the bottom bolts is also very time consuming as you do not have much space to work with and power tools do not fit.

First impressions: Car sound so much better. Videos don't really do justice to it. it sounds deeper and overall healthier. Performance wise, i think my car is still addapating to the change ( i have an auto) and throttle response seems to be a little odd. As Russian said, the performance difference is not night and day but i can tell you that the torque curve seems to have smoothed out a lot. What i mean by that is before the install, i used to feel the car "kick" at 4K rpms while now, you do not really feel a difference anymore, it's linearly strong throughout the torque band. Shifts are firmer too.

EDIT: After 15 ish miles, it makes a heck of a different. throttle response is back to the usual and the torque delivery is soooo good.It honestly pulls stronger and throughout the entire rpm range. Love it so far.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RUSSIAN

RUSSIAN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 C.O. V6 MANUAL |#399 6G.M.R.|
Congrats! Glad to hear you liked it!

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
HEADERS ARE ON!!!

Install: Total pain in the ass. We had to snip the first bolt (the one closer to the mufflers) off on both sides due to clearance. Tightening the bottom bolts is also very time consuming as you do not have much space to work with and power tools do not fit.

First impressions: Car sound so much better. Videos don't really do justice to it. it sounds deeper and overall healthier. Performance wise, i think my car is still addapating to the change ( i have an auto) and throttle response seems to be a little odd. As Russian said, the performance difference is not night and day but i can tell you that the torque curve seems to have smoothed out a lot. What i mean by that is before the install, i used to feel the car "kick" at 4K rpms while now, you do not really feel a difference anymore, it's linearly strong throughout the torque band. Shifts are firmer too.

EDIT: After 15 ish miles, it makes a heck of a different. throttle response is back to the usual and the torque delivery is soooo good.It honestly pulls stronger and throughout the entire rpm range. Love it so far.
:clap2: :headbang:

soon2be

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
soon ecoboostPP
HEADERS ARE ON!!!

Very nice!

Did you or can you post detailed picks?

Cheers

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Very nice!

Did you or can you post detailed picks?

Cheers
[ame]

I have a quick video. My local race shop is privately owned and the owner is super nice. He's a hardcore Ford guy and he's built some serious cars (twin turbo, nitrous, oldschool Mustangs and everything else) and he lets me help out with whatever job is being done on my car, which explains why i didn't take more videos/pictures. Was too focused on the driver side manifold :D:D. The video should give you an idea of how little room there is to work from under the car.

Redass Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 V6
Your so lucky you had a lift lol

2015 Guard Green Cyclone
Roush axle backs
Bbk shorty headers
19" black 2010 GT wheels from AM

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
I tried doing a 0-60 pull and only managed a 6.5 :( .
Sponsored