Sponsored

Ring Time for the ZL1-1LE........wow

Zebra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GT500
As someone in the know it absolutely cracks me up how you are wrong on every single point, and I'm so excited for the reveal.
I kinda just skip over his posts now. :doh:
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
As someone in the know it absolutely cracks me up how you are wrong on every single point, and I'm so excited for the reveal.
He had pretty solid track record of being wrong every single time so it's not hard to figure out that it's a nonsense ;-)

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Not at all. I like to see times or performance stats where there is some form of independent verification. GM and their marketing of ring times are terrible to take as truth. When indepently testing of their times gm comes in last(biggest difference between gm claims and independent results) behind Lamborghini Nissan and Porsche.

As an example, Porsche just had Sport Auto run their 991.2 GT3 where it verified oem besides heavier safety seat and verified power output via the dyno. It ran a 7.18.2 with SA pro driver.
The Zl11le is a super fast car on track no doubt. Would a new oem zl11le from a dealer run below a 7.20 on the ring? Not a chance. Is it faster than any mustang for best lap time? Yes, no doubt.

I would love to see a stock zl11le vs a stock 09-13 zr1 on the same tires at any track. 650hp 3400lb vs 650 3900lbs, who would win?
Just remember, all this bench race shit talking is coming from someone that thinks the GT350 time posted by a questionable site with no video proof is 100% legit and no one should question it. :lol:

Sponsored

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
They fixed the issues same way Ford fixed the limp mode and overheating problems on the gt350's. Some of first year production cars all have issues, some electrical, some body work, and some mechanical. Thats what TSB's are for. To answer your question, any car is dangerous in the hands of people who think they can go WOT anytime they want! I would rather own a gs vette.
Exactly... All car models have issues from time to time... The Mustang is far from immune to them. Just go look at all the people complaining about the issues with their cars on here.

NO! THE CAMARO HAD A RECALL WHERE THEY REPLACED THE KEY WITH A DIFFERENT ONE ONE TIME SO IT IS THE ONLY VEHICLE WITH PROBLEMS AND A BAD POS. YOU CAN'T SEE OUT IT. I KNOW. I'VE NEVER DRIVEN ONE BUT HEARD IT FROM A FRIEND WHO'S NEVER DRIVEN ONE!

Yea? Good argument. 10/10.

Personally I'd like a Z06 but I wouldn't buy one until they've resolved the overheating issues. Just like I wouldn't buy a first year GT350 without the track option due to the exact. same. problem.

Now... If the GT500 is as impressive as I'm hoping..? I may have to consider one after a couple of years of them being out. :ninja:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Personally I'd like a Z06 but I wouldn't buy one until they've resolved the overheating issues. Just like I wouldn't buy a first year GT350 without the track option due to the exact. same. problem.
Motor Trend said the Z06 is dangerous to drive and seemed unfinished due to traction issues - sudden and violent oversteer.

It's a little different from a GT350 that Motor Trend said was Performance Car of the Year. . . don't you think? :cool:

I realized I'm biased the opposite way but you're way off track with that post.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Motor Trend said the Z06 is dangerous to drive and seemed unfinished due to traction issues - sudden and violent oversteer.

It's a little different from a GT350 that Motor Trend said was Performance Car of the Year. . . don't you think? :cool:

I realized I'm biased the opposite way but you're way off track with that post.
Eh... Either one had issues in its own way, and I've never driven either. I'll be honest, I never saw that article, I was mostly aware of the overheating issues, so there's that.

I do know that at least one ZL1 guy is reporting issues with rather intense instability and getting really wobbly while passing people currently, and that's at around 50-60 while not really going WOT. I know the guy and he's not someone that is unfamiliar with hi-po cars and how to drive them... They're thinking it could be the e-lsd acting up, but I'm thinking it may be something else with the wheel alignment? Maybe? But then again that would most likely happen more often than just when giving it the beans. However that's just one case currently. We'll have to see if that's just an anomaly or if more of that pops up. I know GM has their issues for sure. I've lived it...

And performance car of the year? From General Motors Trend? Damn. Must have been one hell of a good performer. ;) :D

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Eh... Either one had issues in its own way, and I've never driven either. I'll be honest, I never saw that article, I was mostly aware of the overheating issues, so there's that.
It was online in the Motor Trend videos as well. If you watch the Viper ACR vs. Z06 video at Laguna Seca, or the Camaro ZL1 video, etc. they mention it.

The GT350 limp mode has a known solution. Does the Z06 oversteer issue have one?

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
It was online in the Motor Trend videos as well. If you watch the Viper ACR vs. Z06 video at Laguna Seca, or the Camaro ZL1 video, etc. they mention it.

The GT350 limp mode has a known solution. Does the Z06 oversteer issue have one?
Yep.
38534.jpg

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Personally I'd like a Z06 but I wouldn't buy one until they've resolved the overheating issues.
Well that, and the part about being able to drop another $40K-50K over the price of a Camaro SS.

Same for me, I was totally going to buy a new GT3, but I don't want PDK. Wait, what's that? It's being offered with a manual option? Umm, well, I am actually holding off until they offer it with a green leather interior ...

:lol:

OP
OP

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
There is zero chance that if I am willing to spend 90k on a ZO6, that I pick it instead of the new CTS-V. Those cars are pure sex. Period.

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
After watching the video one more time I have a question... was that a true EPAS steering unit?

There looked to be a helluva lot of oversteer and difficulty trying to manage the delicate fine line between over/understeer.

I'd be interested in watching a driver in a R on the same track and see the difference. Oh, and that monodromic engine noise... no thanks.
That's a math term; I think you mean monotone?

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Id buy zl1 1le before a vette all day. Vette reliability has been on quite the downward spiral since the c6.
Since they're literally same engine and tranny (other than an extra gear for the Vette manual) I doubt that. The C7s are quite excellent and Chevy's engines are as near bulletproof as you can get, IMO. Why do you think so many people swap them into drag cars, including Mustangs?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Since they're literally same engine and tranny (other than an extra gear for the Vette manual) I doubt that. The C7s are quite excellent and Chevy's engines are as near bulletproof as you can get, IMO. Why do you think so many people swap them into drag cars, including Mustangs?
I had made that statement before i found out the zl1 l1e are also running very hot. Ls and lt engines are far from bullet proof. People swap them because their chassis is inferior and the engines are cheap.
Sponsored