Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
LOL!! $62 bucks for 160 extra horsepower? I'm all over it! :lol::lol::lol:
Just sent him a message.. show me legit dyno sheets to back up that 160 hp claim and I'll buy 1500 units. Then sell em for the low low price of $320.00!
:lol:
Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I recently installed an aftermarket intake tube claiming 5% more air intake with an aem dry filter.

The intake tube was mishimoto and claimed 15 horse and 15 torque. I have to admit I'm skeptical on the numbers but I wouldn't have swapped it if I didn't believe there was some benefit.

I don't run I sport mode, just can't be hassled but I'll be damned if I'm not slipping around like traction control is off. Even 15 horse on a car with this many stock horses, you wouldn't think it noticeable.

That said, many many people here claim their best mod is a tune and I've been skeptical just how much horse power that would really provide?

What do you think. In my head or does the little bit of power benefit actually noticeable?

The first time my car got sideways was 5 minutes after dropping in a k&n, and that is all that matters.

WVstangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I also just added a mishimoto intake elbow got a great deal being a open box from CJ auto,for me I did away with sound tube when I added new elbow.I also have K&N drop in filter installed since car was new.Might be placebo but it does seem smoother in mid range and is easier to break tires loose than stock set up. Maybe since battery was disconnected to do install it is acting different,time will tell. No noise from this set up like most CAI since you use factory box set up.

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
With my mishi tube and aem dryflow filter there is a noticeable mid range punch. Also made my sw catback sound crisper and more crackly. Best thing i noticed was top gear passing was improved. Now i just need to get an aed tune, once basic is out.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
I recently installed an aftermarket intake tube claiming 5% more air intake with an aem dry filter.

The intake tube was mishimoto and claimed 15 horse and 15 torque. I have to admit I'm skeptical on the numbers but I wouldn't have swapped it if I didn't believe there was some benefit.

I don't run I sport mode, just can't be hassled but I'll be damned if I'm not slipping around like traction control is off. Even 15 horse on a car with this many stock horses, you wouldn't think it noticeable.

That said, many many people here claim their best mod is a tune and I've been skeptical just how much horse power that would really provide?

What do you think. In my head or does the little bit of power benefit actually noticeable?
At least there's a few people here that actually read the OP's post before going on rants about "cold air intakes". OP didn't replace his air box, only the intake tube from Mishi.

While many here are going to tell you that you can't or won't feel any difference, I say that is very subjective to the individual. I also replaced my stock filter with a K&N drop-in, and can tell you that I gained benefit in throttle tip in as well.

Here's all that matters: it's your money, and it's your car. If you feel like you gained something from it, and the expense is worth it to you, then it was a good investment! :cheers:

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
At least there's a few people here that actually read the OP's post before going on rants about "cold air intakes". OP didn't replace his air box, only the intake tube from Mishi.

While many here are going to tell you that you can't or won't feel any difference, I say that is very subjective to the individual. I also replaced my stock filter with a K&N drop-in, and can tell you that I gained benefit in throttle tip in as well.

Here's all that matters: it's your money, and it's your car. If you feel like you gained something from it, and the expense is worth it to you, then it was a good investment! :cheers:
Yeah this baffled me as well, everyone is going on about cold air intake this and that but he just replaced the elbow tube and kept the stock airbox.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Well.. 10 hp = 1/10th of a second. Do 3 runs with the stock elbow, 3 with the aftermarket.
say from 40-60mph in 2nd gear. If the aftermarket is a consistent .15 secs faster, there's your 15 hp.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

Pretty much like everything else on the forum most people don't even know what they are actually talking about. They just spew out opinions with no actual data or proof to back anything up.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Pretty much like everything else on the forum most people don't even know what they are actually talking about. They just spew out opinions with no actual data or proof to back anything up.
Everyone’s an armchair Dyno :D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well.. 10 hp = 1/10th of a second. Do 3 runs with the stock elbow, 3 with the aftermarket.
say from 40-60mph in 2nd gear. If the aftermarket is a consistent .15 secs faster, there's your 15 hp.
Already did this. Didn't do a damn thing. So did Gibbo. It's snake oil.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Really? I think the problem is people do the research but others are too far up vendor's asses to read about it.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86755

Gibbo has also posted his findings too and they pretty much match mine. We are both now back on stock intake tubing, drop in filter, and the "filter" or whatever it is removed from the box.

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
Probably placebo. I would hope the manufacturer's dyno results have some truth, but can a person really feel a 10-15 HP increase?

Bottom line is if it makes you enjoy your car more whether placebo or real, so what??

M3Convert

American Muscle Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
Wait a minute...why does the Lexus chip give you 20 more HP than the Mustang one AND cost $17 less? Now I'm not sure I want it. :lol::lol:

Notice the seller does not offer returns. Shocking!
I bought the Lexus one instead. Having the option of switching to a convertible by just adding an OBD-II dongle seems like a no-brainer for the money!

I am sure they'll understand my "mistake" if it doesn't work out and take the return. They do seem like a quality firm from their listing.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
As mentioned, a CAI won't give you appreciable performance gains without a tune. The factory tune is designed with the factory intake in mind, so a tune is needed to tell the ecu how to utilize the new hardware. The ecu can adapt on its own to your driving habits, but changing out the principal hardware of the engine always requires some forced reprogramming, which is what a tune is.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
The ecu can adapt on its own to your driving habits, but changing out the principal hardware of the engine always requires some forced reprogramming, which is what a tune is.
What about long tubes? They are a hardware mod that doesnt require a re-tune. How does LTs apply to your theory?
Sponsored