Sponsored

Placebo Effect?

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
What about long tubes? They are a hardware mod that doesnt require a re-tune. How does LTs apply to your theory?
Any modification that improves motor efficiency will change VE tables. You can run long tubes without a tune but I don't see the point if you don't tweak the engine software so you get the most out of the headers. You don't get a CE light all the time?
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
LOL!! $62 bucks for 160 extra horsepower? I'm all over it! :lol::lol::lol:
I'm working on a Y cable so I can plug two into my OBD2 port and gain 320 HP!

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Please give us some more info on this. First off comparing two different dynos is not a valid comparison. Same model dyno will read differently, just like each of our motors is likely to have slightly different output. What were the ambient conditions of each? External fans? Hood open or closed? There could be a lot of other variables that account for the large jump you saw.
Both instances were hood open, fans blowing on the engine, and ambient temperatures in the 80's.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Any modification that improves motor efficiency will change VE tables. You can run long tubes without a tune but I don't see the point if you don't tweak the engine software so you get the most out of the headers. You don't get a CE light all the time?
I'm not running LTs. I'm just regurgitating the information I previously read on this forum stating a retune isn't necessary after the install.

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Back to the original post, I've got the Airaid intake elbow and I've swapped it and the stock elbow back and forth about 4 or 5 times now and here's what I've noticed:

The day-to-day throttle response is better with the Airaid. With the stock elbow, you have to give it more throttle to get the same engine response. The car is "snappier" with the Airaid and the revs seems to rise a bit quicker.

The stock elbow make it seems like the engine is just not getting the air it wants at throttle tip-in and is just not as enjoyable to drive. At WOT, I'm not sure there's much difference but I'd still say Airaid wins if I was to choose one. I'd say the same thing about fuel mileage too.

The stock elbow has a throatier sound below 3,000 rpm but after they're about the same.

To the OP, I think yours is the Mishi tube it seems but you can pop these back and forth easily in less than 3 mins or so I'd suggest doing just that to see which you prefer more ... for me, keeping the Airaid on.
Sponsored