Sponsored

Ordering Guide - 2015-2016 Shelby GT350 and GT350R Mustang

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
Actually, Ford did say iron rotors were better on May 7:

"To go fast, you first need to go slow. The brakes on Shelby GT350 are the most powerful brakes ever put on a production Mustang. After testing numerous brake setups, Ford Performance engineers discovered iron rotors provide improved performance and durability compared to carbon ceramic. Following several 24-hour endurance sessions, 394-milimeter front rotors and 380-milimeter rear rotors were chosen to provide stopping power for Shelby GT350. The two-piece rotors are assembled with an offset floating-pin system that allows for improved cooling and ventilation. Combined with six-piston front and four-piston rear calipers, these brakes experience virtually no fade in torture testing."

Ok, *maybe* they did say that, but they are wrong. :D My memory isn't so good.
There are a dozen other high end cars that are using CC brakes and claim that they are better in terms of weight, stopping, durability, and wear. There has to be more to this story.
Sponsored

MarcW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
Ok, *maybe* they did say that, but they are wrong. :D My memory isn't so good.
There are a dozen other high end cars that are using CC brakes and claim that they are better in terms of weight, stopping, durability, and wear. There has to be more to this story.

I'm sure replacement cost didn't have anything to do with it. Who wants to replace a rotor that costs $500 or more for their Mustang?

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
Cost is a huge factor. My front rotors are $650 a pair (just for the disc-excluding the hub) and they are "only" 13 inch cast iron. Nothing fancy.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
As I believe Five Oh Brian would attest, while a dealership can enter an order in the system right now, it's the allocation which dictates whether or not something will get scheduled.
Nearly correct, Tony. I can key in a '16 GT350 order to spec it now (and price it hopefully very soon), but I can't actually hit the submit button. An error message pops up saying "SHELBY REQ HOLD OVERRIDE", meaning that I can't actually get an order into the order banks until our regional office prompts me to once it's my turn within our region/zone for my allocation to schedule.

Regular 2016 Mustangs (EB/V6/GT) can be submitted already, though, and I have a lot of those already ordered for our store.

OP
OP
GallopingFord

GallopingFord

My name is Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2009 Bullitt, 2013 GT500
I talked to my dealer who is a pretty large dealer and they got no 2015's and only getting 1 2016 so far,I was the first person to actually talk to them about ordering the gt350,they said since I was first to ask and am a good customer I get to order it as soon as we can.
They don't know if they are getting an R or not,I told them I wanted an R.
Fingers crossed.

Your dealer should already know on the 2016s. Allocation is specific on how many GT350s or GT350Rs you can order. Chances are if they only have one allocated, it is a GT350/900A.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Does anyone know if you can retroactively add the rear seats onto the R model? I think its silly to not be able to order the rear seats on the R. It wouldn't be such a big deal if I could at least get the regular 350 with Track & Tech package, but I can't.
It sounds like you might have trouble through Ford, but I for one would LOVE to trade the rear seat delete pieces from a GT350R for my rear seat from a GT350. I plan to buy a GT350, but I don't need or want a rear seat.

I really hope I can find someone willing to do this deal.

u8mylunch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Corvette, 2003 Audi A6, 1984 Ford F150
Your dealer should already know on the 2016s. Allocation is specific on how many GT350s or GT350Rs you can order. Chances are if they only have one allocated, it is a GT350/900A.
so when if a dealer that is enrolled in the program says they are getting 2015 but doesn't have any information on 2016 allocation, they are probably blowing smoke?

stopped by the dealership and confirmed, 2016 allocation, no '15's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GallopingFord

GallopingFord

My name is Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2009 Bullitt, 2013 GT500
Possibly could be confusing the both years. The 2016 allocations are available to dealers, I'm not sure on 2015's though - I personally haven't gotten any info.

moodster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It sounds like you might have trouble through Ford, but I for one would LOVE to trade the rear seat delete pieces from a GT350R for my rear seat from a GT350. I plan to buy a GT350, but I don't need or want a rear seat.

I really hope I can find someone willing to do this deal.

I would maybe,depends if I get an R or not.

Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
I went with Capital, orders can be submitted but the price isn't available. I simply went with a GT350 with Tech package. Capital, being the biggest dealer in the Carolinas has a few allotments.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
I went with Capital, orders can be submitted but the price isn't available. I simply went with a GT350 with Tech package. Capital, being the biggest dealer in the Carolinas has a few allotments.

What price? A guarantee for MSRP? I'll be chatting with 3-4 dealers in and around Houston tomorrow, though your dealer is extremely far away, if for some reason I get the run around and ADM I'll be shopping wherever will sell at MSRP lol

Special50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniversary Special Edition
Been calling around NorCal dealers to see what the allotments are, markups $20k. I got mine for $10k ADM anyone getting MSRP out west?

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
What price? A guarantee for MSRP? I'll be chatting with 3-4 dealers in and around Houston tomorrow, though your dealer is extremely far away, if for some reason I get the run around and ADM I'll be shopping wherever will sell at MSRP lol

Not 100% sure on the price, we'll find out soon enough. A bunch of Vendors use Capital Ford on the East coast though. Great group.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Nearly correct, Tony. I can key in a '16 GT350 order to spec it now (and price it hopefully very soon), but I can't actually hit the submit button. An error message pops up saying "SHELBY REQ HOLD OVERRIDE", meaning that I can't actually get an order into the order banks until our regional office prompts me to once it's my turn within our region/zone for my allocation to schedule.
Thanks for the clarification!
Sponsored