Sponsored

Ordering Guide - 2015-2016 Shelby GT350 and GT350R Mustang

Satan

Overlord.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' Boss.
I stopped by a very high volume mustang dealer yesterday and they have a list for the two R package 15's and two regular 15's they have coming in. $10,000 deposit and you have a spot.

As far as 16's go, they aren't taking any deposits or starting a list for those yet.

A guy that shops at this dealer frequently (bought 67 cars last year) buys cars and trades them back in with very low mileage and he is getting one of each. I kindly put myself down for first contact when he trades his loaded R package in two months after he buys it. He was the original owner of my boss 302 (had one in every color) and I picked it up with 300 miles on it after he traded it in for a Porsche.
Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I stopped by a very high volume mustang dealer yesterday and they have a list for the two R package 15's and two regular 15's they have coming in. $10,000 deposit and you have a spot.

As far as 16's go, they aren't taking any deposits or starting a list for those yet.

A guy that shops at this dealer frequently (bought 67 cars last year) buys cars and trades them back in with very low mileage and he is getting one of each. I kindly put myself down for first contact when he trades his loaded R package in two months after he buys it. He was the original owner of my boss 302 (had one in every color) and I picked it up with 300 miles on it after he traded it in for a Porsche.
ADM?

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
I don't know if anyone has seen this (I realized some have said they have placed an order in this post), but here is another outside this forum confirmation that you can place your order. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/88348-gt350-order-banks-opened/

I guess I'll be going with the GT350R in black with black stripes and add on electronics package tomorrow when the dealer opens. I wanted the blue with white stripes, but the red accents look horrible to me (I'll be trading in a year or two so no reason doing any mods or repaint). However, I'm supposedly I'm first on my dealer's list.

I should be I spend enough in car turnovers with them!
I went to that site and read a few of their threads....talk about a bunch of Gubbers !! man ! Several have said "yeah my dealers call me an ask me if I would like order one, and I was like...no thanks !" Shit...99.9% of the dealers do not even know the banks opened up, and the .01% that do do not know how to open the page on the computer !! And these yahoo's said they got dealers calling them...I call bullshit right now !!..lol

Satan

Overlord.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' Boss.
I'm assuming so for the 15's. That's why I am waiting for him to trade it back in which he will 100% will. No word on the 16's. They're still kinda in a gray area but know what they're getting.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I don't know if anyone has seen this (I realized some have said they have placed an order in this post), but here is another outside this forum confirmation that you can place your order. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/88348-gt350-order-banks-opened/
As I believe Five Oh Brian would attest, while a dealership can enter an order in the system right now, it's the allocation which dictates whether or not something will get scheduled.

If you look at the priority number on the Vehicle Order Confirmation sheet posted here, you will see it is 99. It's been shared by our dealership friends who post on this forum that orders with 99 don't get selected.

I've been waiting for my dealership to let me know what their allocation is currently. They've been a bit coy because I suspect whatever they get will go to the highest bidder, even if it is another dealership. Obviously, the numbers and desirability play into this.

That said, I know someone in Canada who was promised an R, mainly on the basis of that person's relationship (spurred on by previous sales). He also was told his dealer has one of the few allocations for it in Canada.

My salesperson would put in an order if I asked, but until his boss makes the decision on what they are going to do with the allocation and what prices they want to charge, it wouldn't do much good in my case. I know it's different for others.

Good luck to us all.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
So one of the bigger stories should be exactly why Ford couldn't "pull off" the CF brakes. Not performing as expected ?

Chevy seemed to have pulled it off.

If I were Ford I might want to send the message that it's in the interest of keeping the car affordable.

Also - in an interview - Jamal said the reason they went with black wheels was because of brake dust. So .....

Could we now see some other options besides black ??

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
So one of the bigger stories should be exactly why Ford couldn't "pull off" the CF brakes. Not performing as expected ?

Chevy seemed to have pulled it off.

If I were Ford I might want to send the message that it's in the interest of keeping the car affordable.
They stated elsewhere that the iron brakes outperformed the CC brakes wrt to brake fade. Of course you can choose to believe that or not. The brakes that it comes with are clearly pretty high-end for a production car so whatever difference there is between them and real CC brakes probably isn't justified by the additional cost. In any case, the only time ANYONE would need CC brakes is for serious track abuse. Otherwise they are just for showing off.

Also - in an interview - Jamal said the reason they went with black wheels was because of brake dust. So .....

Could we now see some other options besides black ??
Not following your logic here. He said that brake dust is why they chose black wheels. So you get black wheels. Why do you "now" expect different color wheels?

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
As I believe Five Oh Brian would attest, while a dealership can enter an order in the system right now, it's the allocation which dictates whether or not something will get scheduled.

If you look at the priority number on the Vehicle Order Confirmation sheet posted here, you will see it is 99. It's been shared by our dealership friends who post on this forum that orders with 99 don't get selected.

I've been waiting for my dealership to let me know what their allocation is currently. They've been a bit coy because I suspect whatever they get will go to the highest bidder, even if it is another dealership. Obviously, the numbers and desirability play into this.

That said, I know someone in Canada who was promised an R, mainly on the basis of that person's relationship (spurred on by previous sales). He also was told his dealer has one of the few allocations for it in Canada.

My salesperson would put in an order if I asked, but until his boss makes the decision on what they are going to do with the allocation and what prices they want to charge, it wouldn't do much good in my case. I know it's different for others.

Good luck to us all.
Hi Tony, that was my post and I completely agree and perhaps did not explain it well enough. That is a place holder form that in my case will be turned into an "Order" as soon as banks open. Will then get a Dealer Order receipt acknowledgement with a correct order # and priority #. I have no idea when the dealer will get that pulled. I've been working this car for 2 plus years and am fortunate that will be able to order as I wish. Again GOOD luck to all who wish one of these cars. They will be VERY special until the next BIG thing comes along :cheers:

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
That is a place holder form that in my case will be turned into an "Order" as soon as banks open. Will then get a Dealer Order receipt acknowledgement with a correct order # and priority #. I have no idea when the dealer will get that pulled.
My situation is exactly the same; all I know is I've locked up (at MSRP) one of the two '16s the dealer has been allocated.

Sponsored

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
My situation is exactly the same; all I know is I've locked up one of the two '16s the dealer has been allocated.
Congrats Spa ! :headbang:

moodster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I talked to my dealer who is a pretty large dealer and they got no 2015's and only getting 1 2016 so far,I was the first person to actually talk to them about ordering the gt350,they said since I was first to ask and am a good customer I get to order it as soon as we can.
They don't know if they are getting an R or not,I told them I wanted an R.
Fingers crossed.

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
They stated elsewhere that the iron brakes outperformed the CC brakes wrt to brake fade. Of course you can choose to believe that or not. The brakes that it comes with are clearly pretty high-end for a production car so whatever difference there is between them and real CC brakes probably isn't justified by the additional cost. In any case, the only time ANYONE would need CC brakes is for serious track abuse. Otherwise they are just for showing off.
That's not exactly what they said. They said the CC brakes didn't significantly outperform the 2-pc iron brakes so it wasn't worth the additional cost. They never said they iron brakes were better.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Actually, Ford did say iron rotors were better on May 7:

"To go fast, you first need to go slow. The brakes on Shelby GT350 are the most powerful brakes ever put on a production Mustang. After testing numerous brake setups, Ford Performance engineers discovered iron rotors provide improved performance and durability compared to carbon ceramic. Following several 24-hour endurance sessions, 394-milimeter front rotors and 380-milimeter rear rotors were chosen to provide stopping power for Shelby GT350. The two-piece rotors are assembled with an offset floating-pin system that allows for improved cooling and ventilation. Combined with six-piston front and four-piston rear calipers, these brakes experience virtually no fade in torture testing."

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
About the rear Spoiler / Wing:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the R gets the raised "wing" we've seen as standard - listed as "Included" in the R package (and not part of the GT350 Track package).

For the 900A "standard" GT350, the rear spoiler is listed as "blade spoiler". I take this to be the small lip spoiler we've seen on many of them.

The only option I see is for the 900A GT350 with the 60T Track Package, this shows a "Raised Decklid Spoiler" which I take to be the medium sized lip spoiler we've seen (fits flush against the decklid).

I don't see any other option!? So your spoiler is dictated as:

GT350 -> blade spoiler
GT350 Track Pack -> raised decklid spoiler
GT350R -> Carbon Fiber Rear Wing

Perhaps there will be an option for spoiler delete but I don't see it in this order guide.

I'll post another thread with my opinion on the wing and options packs but wanted to just clarify this part of the order guide here. Please add/correct anything I missed.
A lot of you guys who are trying to build your own car piece meal are forgetting about all the track and wind tunnel testing that Ford has done on the aero package to make these cars handle.

Do you really want a car with a front splitter adding downforce and no rear wing? OR do you want a special one off car with a big wing on the back and no front splitter? NO, you don't.

This is a car designed ON the track FOR the track. I understand that some will take it to the drag strip or drive it to 7-11. But it is a TRACK CAR that is also street legal. Each one of these packages is designed as a package.

When we first saw the first pic of the R with the big wing on the back I was the first one to say, "eeew, I love everything but the wing." BUT, I'm not dumb enough to try and order one without the wing or to take the wing off. I have a huge, expensive carbon fiber wing on the back of my race car. Not because it looks cool but because it keeps my butt planted on the track when I'm hauling a$$ through the uphill esses at VIR. When I added it to the car I had to increase the downforce on the front of the car to balance the handling.
Sponsored