Ordering Guide - 2015-2016 Shelby GT350 and GT350R Mustang

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Maybe all of the cars are waiting on the car covers to come in? ;) :) :)
Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Just a guess, but these States may require hands free cell capability.
Good guess. I hadn't thought of that. I didn't think that they would mandate A/C.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
14 City and 21 HWY, pretty much the same that the E92 M3 was.

Dave

Sponsored

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Interesting about certain states requiring the Electronics Package on the R.
Just a guess, but these States may require hands free cell capability.
I'm not certain, but any state-specific requirements are FAR more likely to pertain to the provision of a backup camera or tire inflation kit.

As wise as some states are to require all in-car phone use to be "hands free" for people without the God given sense not to talk and text behind the wheel of their own volition, neither the federal government nor any state I know mandates OEM hands-free devices as a sale requirement - which would be merely one more example of the nanny state running amok even further.

On the other hand, I suppose some horse sense MAY exist behind requiring even cars without infotainment systems to support hands free calling. After all, in the era of the "Obamaphone", who more than consumers on a limited budget who may choose a factory radio delete option to save a few bucks are bound to have a mobile?

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
just received my DORA for the 2016 GT350R - what is the next phase ? Ford to provide a VIN number? is there a way for me to track the order progress?

Black with Black Strips - Electronics Package

Love the Black on Black going to look awesome ! The color is going to pop

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
just received my DORA for the 2016 GT350R - what is the next phase ? Ford to provide a VIN number? is there a way for me to track the order progress?
Take a read in the Wiki or more information on order tracking. Congrats!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'm sorry if I missed it here everyone, and I do apologize, but why will the R cars be limited for the 2017 model year? I understand why it is for the 2016 year, but why are they limiting the car the following year as well and how many will be built?
Thanks. I appreciate any info.

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I'm sorry if I missed it here everyone, and I do apologize, but why will the R cars be limited for the 2017 model year? I understand why it is for the 2016 year, but why are they limiting the car the following year as well and how many will be built?
Thanks. I appreciate any info.
You're probably thinking of the 2015s being very limited to the handful of units in honor of the 1960s GT350s. The 2016+ are in the 500-700 range according to unofficial rumoring. This topic has been discussed to no end speculating why they won't or can't increase production. Reasons range from "because halo car" to limited production capacity of special parts, specifically the carbon fiber wheels (which aren't even made by Ford).

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
You're probably thinking of the 2015s being very limited to the handful of units in honor of the 1960s GT350s. The 2016+ are in the 500-700 range according to unofficial rumoring. This topic has been discussed to no end speculating why they won't or can't increase production. Reasons range from "because halo car" to limited production capacity of special parts, specifically the carbon fiber wheels (which aren't even made by Ford).
Thank you.
I hope they do not limit the number of units produced as I'm sure that they will sell. Heck, if I could find an allocation for a R car at MSRP or even at 2k ADM, I might jump on it. Of course I would have to have it in the colors that I want and electronics package.
Again, thanks! :thumbsup:

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
finding a 2016 GT350R at MRSP or under 5K ADM is going to be very difficult - the best price I found was at $15K ADM - I found a dealer that is selling a regular GT350 - NON R for MSRP

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
can someone confirm if the 2016 GT350R has plexiglass for the rear and side rear windows to save weight....

Boost930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R (black), 2016 GT350 (white)
Ok so I just found this site. Not living under a rock but just plain busy. In short, I just visited my local dealer and got to see the order sheet and nothing else. Said I could not place an order?

I must be talking to the wrong dealer! I want the 900A package, Avalanche gray and still torn between 60T and 67T. The Black out Roof is also a potential.

Bottom line, what gives here? Is my dealer just not wanting to give in? Evidently the owner's 'friend' is expecting 1 of the limited run 15's any day.

I am frustrated and glad I just found this thread.

I just returned from Shelby America in Vegas and it really drove me over the edge to do this. I have had many Mustangs and some Anniversary cars through the years but never new. If you can help point me in the right direction, thanks.

I was quoted ~52K by one of the network 'affiliated' dealers. The local dealers are networked together with about 4 or so dealers. Is anyone being charged a dealer premium on a Base?
Exactly the same thing happened to me. I visited Shelby American in Las Vegas in June, and immediately began reminiscing about the 65 2+2 fastback I had when I was a kid. After coming back home, I couldn't get it out of my head. I figiured life is too short, so I ordered a GT350 last weekend!
Sponsored