Sponsored

Ordering Guide - 2015-2016 Shelby GT350 and GT350R Mustang

u8mylunch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Corvette, 2003 Audi A6, 1984 Ford F150
So if you plan on buying a 2017 next year, at what point do you get on dealer lists? Now??

For most people they are already on the dealers list for 2017 since the 2016 are spoken for. I had talked with the dealer that said their 2016 and 2017 allocation was already spoken for.
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
For most people they are already on the dealers list for 2017 since the 2016 are spoken for. I had talked with the dealer that said their 2016 and 2017 allocation was already spoken for.
Wow that is just nuts! But I won't complain... I am already a priority for 1st dibs when an R becomes available ('16 or '17) plus the Focus RS and for what it's worth even the forthcoming new Ford GT. :D

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Dealer here finally got back with me after telling them repeatedly a 16 can be ordered. They kept saying no it could not. I am still calling around and some dealers are telling me that a common practice is to take 'orders' without even actually ordering them.

So, after badgering them, they say I can come in with 5K deposit and place the order but will be paying a 15K ADM. This is a deal breaker for me. I will likely go in and try to negotiate the ADM down.

I have 2 dealers in other states that are going to call me back. Makes me wonder if they current lack an allocation, and is working through another dealer kind of as a broker.

Is this acceptable by Ford Corp?

A friend of mine has a Hellcat and at the last minute Dodge came out and slapped all the dealers who were up-charging (ADM). So the new policy was set. Sure they have a bigger price tag though ~74K is what he paid if I remember.

Rick.

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
Anyone have any intel on dealerships that may have allocation for 2016 or 2017's?
I've reached out to several POC's and Ford associates but attempting to identify which dealerships may have allocation seems to be tough.

u8mylunch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Corvette, 2003 Audi A6, 1984 Ford F150
Anyone have any intel on dealerships that may have allocation for 2016 or 2017's?
I've reached out to several POC's and Ford associates but attempting to identify which dealerships may have allocation seems to be tough.

At this time small dealerships might be getting their allocations released. Larger dealers already have their 2016 allocations spoken for, unless their prices are sky high.

There was mention of some Michigan and Ohio dealers that still had some MSRP deals but that would be thin now.

Calling or using the dealerships web site "Contact Us" is a good way to limit phone time.

I have heard 2017 allocation might be coming around in December/March time frame.

Sponsored

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Im glad i was able to order mine, even though i have an adm, which i am fine with,well as fine as i can be.

been using this dealership for a while, they knew i wanted one before i even bought my 2015 GT and i told them i would trade it back in when i can get the gt350. with their adm, i called around, even at the suggestion of the sales mgr. i found a few, one said they will have no adm, 2 others wanted adm but i would have to wait to order and they would call me.

well i waited and finally on my main place i use, they agreed it would not be higher than a certain price, and since its the sales mgr who makes the deals, i believe him, he has never lied to me and even thrown in tint, etc to help me get other deals.

my build date as of now is 8/31, which they just got last week and the vin. i decided to email the others that were supposed to email me about ordering, believe it or not they all 3 got back to me quickly. the one who said they never charge over msrp, stated they are getting only 2 and the owner and a 40 year customer get it-i dont believe them since i think they are bigger than the dealer i am using by just a little and he said he sent out an email in july telling all 7 of us this story, of course i never got it.

another said i was number 2 on the list and the owner was number 1, well today he said they are only getting one, the owner is ordering it and then they will put in showroom and sell it, so no choice of anything on it. a third said they are actually happy i got one and feel free to bring it to them to see when i do get it.

i do know my dealer has 2 more gt350 not ordered and 1 R, but they do have an adm on them. i just glad i didnt hold out or i would have been out of luck out here.

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
I don't mind a reasonable ADM as some have suggested here.
15 years of A/Z plan and I think I can rational with myself something small for the R, 1-2K. But 5,10, 20K is not reasonable. I believe in many cases it diminishes on some levels the enthusiasm of getting such a vehicle. At a point purchasing one of these vehicles your no doubt going to expense a level of "buyers remorse" aimed primarily at the dealership. So your going to resent your car some and ford motor company, and then really resent the dealer you purchased the vehicle from and most likely never buy from them again.

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
I don't mind a reasonable ADM as some have suggested here.
15 years of A/Z plan and I think I can rational with myself something small for the R, 1-2K. But 5,10, 20K is not reasonable. I believe in many cases it diminishes on some levels the enthusiasm of getting such a vehicle. At a point purchasing one of these vehicles your no doubt going to expense a level of "buyers remorse" aimed primarily at the dealership. So your going to resent your car some and ford motor company, and then really resent the dealer you purchased the vehicle from and most likely never buy from them again.
Well said, but I think 1k under is the best way to go... And if you want to waste, I mean pay a premium. I will do all the car searching for you, just pay me the ADM.

What's that? You don't want to pay me the ADM? Then why would you want to give it to a dealer? I would have at least had to work for the money...

I really don't care, I just want my car. And the only cool thing to do now is be an @$$:frusty::lol::cheers:

I've got a 350 being pulled for production this week for 20k over in California.

travis1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Magnetic with Tech package
Well said, but I think 1k under is the best way to go... And if you want to waste, I mean pay a premium. I will do all the car searching for you, just pay me the ADM.

What's that? You don't want to pay me the ADM? Then why would you want to give it to a dealer? I would have at least had to work for the money...

I really don't care, I just want my car. And the only cool thing to do now is be an @$$:frusty::lol::cheers:

I've got a 350 being pulled for production this week for 20k over in California.
Well that makes me feel better about me having to only pay 10k for my ADM. Hate dealers but, what can you do. I want the car and don't want to miss out. :clap2:

Agentofchaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 302 Boss racing red.2016 350 Black with Blue
Well the price go up bunch in 2017 MSRP anyway so you can look at it like that.They only have different colors probably . And ADM be higher still it never ends.Just do what you want and enjoy the ride. Talk mine from 7500 to 5000. Just play like its the MSRP the car magazines have been saying its a deal at MSRP.

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Order Guide has a "9/1/2015" Update.... see right column for the latest additions from Ford:
image.jpg

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Here they are:
image.jpg

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Order Guide has a "9/1/2015" Update.... see right column for the latest additions from Ford:
I'd be interested in seeing all of it for the consistency/clarifications.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
http://www.mustang6g.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/2016-GT350-GT350R-Order-Guide.pdf
Interesting about certain states requiring the Electronics Package on the R.
Sponsored