Sponsored

Official 6G Shift knob pics thread

deadeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBP GUARD Vert stick
Boomba all the way. I thought my MGW shifter was pretty smooth and was, until I topped it off with the Boomba knob. Now this is how shifting is supposed to feel. I just screwed it on and it lined up perfectly, plus is easy to touch temperature wise on hot days.

Walt1120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 50th Anniversary
If you dont use loctite you probably cant get it on tight and have the gear pattern line up. You can use a washer but youd need to get one with the right thickness(to get gear pattern to line up) and one that fits over the threads but doesnt fall all the way down to the base.. one that stops right after the threads end and kind of floats on top of the non threaded part. Thats why I used a lock washer, as soon as you start to compress it, the knob starts getting tight. This way you have more range of movement in which the knob will be on tight so you can adjust it to get the gear pattern lined up easier

Sponsored

n8rfastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Comp Orange. 65 Fastback ,T5, 302
I also have a cjpp knob, that I bored out to put the adapter inside. That acrylic is pretty tough, but I don't know how it could snap like that unless there was upward pressure from the inside. With it screwed down that tight how did your reverse lockout even function? I know they will screw down far enough to block the collar.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP

TRAKDAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
If you dont use loctite you probably cant get it on tight and have the gear pattern line up. You can use a washer but youd need to get one with the right thickness(to get gear pattern to line up) and one that fits over the threads but doesnt fall all the way down to the base.. one that stops right after the threads end and kind of floats on top of the non threaded part. Thats why I used a lock washer, as soon as you start to compress it, the knob starts getting tight. This way you have more range of movement in which the knob will be on tight so you can adjust it to get the gear pattern lined up easier

That's why I like the Raceseng knob. It has a set screw with the thread adapter so you can line it up without locktite. Quality in the design of parts is way better than using something like Loctite. Plus the 735 grams is sooo much better than those 400 gram and below knobs. I installed my Barton shifter yesterday and with the 735 grams knob it is ridiculously nice!

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
That's why I like the Raceseng knob. It has a set screw with the thread adapter so you can line it up without locktite. Quality in the design of parts is way better than using something like Loctite. Plus the 735 grams is sooo much better than those 400 gram and below knobs. I installed my Barton shifter yesterday and with the 735 grams knob it is ridiculously nice!
x1000

I hope RacesEng releases their other knobs for the S550 platform like the Slammer and also offers all of their finishes. Otherwise I'll gladly settle for the Ashiko stainless pictured in this thread. Pricey knobs but the craftsmanship, weight and esthetics look top notch!

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
So are the speed dawg knobs the best one's right now? I want to buy one soon.

Sponsored

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
So are the speed dawg knobs the best one's right now? I want to buy one soon.
Really depends on your preference, but...

Speed Dawgs are awesome and are in the top 2 I'm conidering (along with RacesEng). They're designs are awesome, weight looks good and the fitment is on point without an adapter. Speed Dawg also offers a pack of jam nuts, one of which fits so if you're iffy about only using loctite, you can pick up one of their jam nuts.

You also have Boomba, Roush, CJ Pony Parts, Lathewerks, TWM, Hurst, Flossy and I think Barton and MGW may have their own knobs they sell

50THPONY

Mustang Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
1988, 2004, 2015 Mustang GT's
Exactly! That's why I was hoping it was just defective and CJPP would refund me or at the very least, send me a replacement. Nope, they got thier money and were pretty content to tell me to fuck off (in a nice customer service kinda way) when I asked for a refund. Like I said, I'm done with them.

I also have a cjpp knob, that I bored out to put the adapter inside. That acrylic is pretty tough, but I don't know how it could snap like that unless there was upward pressure from the inside. With it screwed down that tight how did your reverse lockout even function? I know they will screw down far enough to block the collar.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Installed my Roush shift knob friday night. Followed the instructions. Bottomed it out, then backed it off 2 1/2 turns to give the reverse lock out room to work. this takes pressure off the top of the knob as well.

took it off. put the locktite on the threads of the ball and shaft. screwed it down, then backed it off 2 1/2 turns, and went to bed.

woke up saturday morning and it was all good. I am not even worried about if it comes lose or not.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Really depends on your preference, but...

Speed Dawgs are awesome and are in the top 2 I'm conidering (along with RacesEng). They're designs are awesome, weight looks good and the fitment is on point without an adapter. Speed Dawg also offers a pack of jam nuts, one of which fits so if you're iffy about only using loctite, you can pick up one of their jam nuts.

You also have Boomba, Roush, CJ Pony Parts, Lathewerks, TWM, Hurst, Flossy and I think Barton and MGW may have their own knobs they sell

The only complaint I have with my speeddawg is the lack of weight, but I got used to it quickly.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
The only complaint I have with my speeddawg is the lack of weight, but I got used to it quickly.
Does it feel lighter than the stock knob? (hope not since I'm ok with the stock knob weight...in case I go with Speed Dawg)

Wonder if its lighter or as light as the CJPP knobs.
Sponsored