Sponsored

Official 6G Shift knob pics thread

TRAKDAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
VTECSAUCE, I like the delrin but the Ashiko doesn't come in that wrap. they do have a wrinkle wrap but it doesn't expose the shift pattern engraving, nor does it look as refined.
I have the new Barton shifter that I am installing soon and will test this Knob out with also.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chameleon

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
VTECSAUCE, I like the delrin but the Ashiko doesn't come in that wrap. they do have a wrinkle wrap but it doesn't expose the shift pattern engraving, nor does it look as refined.
I have the new Barton shifter that I am installing soon and will test this Knob out with also.
That's disappointing. Hopefully they produce one of the delrin knobs for this car.

OP
OP
Chameleon

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Those dirty bastards! Told me they were just going to make an adapter :frusty:
That's what they told me too when I emailed them.

Well, that's good news though.

Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Last edited:

TRAKDAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Looking at it again here it looks way bigger than the stock knob. Do you like it?
Love it more and more each day. Its extremely smooth to the touch. The size is noticeable but not so bulky that it affects your grip.

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
Got my Flossy Snowball Shorty Heavyweight shift knob today. Custom engraved with the 50 years logo. Love it so far. 500 grams. Reverse lockout. Feels great in the hand and shifting.

50THPONY

Mustang Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
1988, 2004, 2015 Mustang GT's
My CJPP shift knob! Looked great until about 45 shift in.

Sponsored

TRAKDAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Looks like that one was threaded on too tight.

50THPONY

Mustang Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
1988, 2004, 2015 Mustang GT's
Looks like that one was threaded on too tight.
That's what CJPP is claiming, but I can assure you it wasn't. The loc-tite (which really has no business being used on something that should be able to come off at will) never solidified. I didn't wait over night, I only waited about 2 hours.

Needless to say, it's a very poor manufactured product IMO. I have probably had 3 dozen different shift knobs in my 25 years of owning Mustangs. I have NEVER had a "failure" on a shift knob. It's my own fault, as soon as I looked at it I was skeptical. After I applied the loc-tite I was hoping I'd better like it because it'd be a bitch to remove. Turns out I didn't have to wait long.

The worst part is, CJPP stated to me that "this is an issue they've come accross plenty of times" and yet they still sell this thing and then stick it to the customer and say oh well, we warned you it could crack. I suppose in the end, it's my fault for attempting to install this POS knob in the first place rather than send it back. Regardless, I'm done with CJPP and they're "servicing of the account".

Charging $70 for his garbage is just down right stealing. It's a show piece, not a functional shift knob. In fact any shift knob that requires loc-tite isn't really functional.

MJS-P51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic Metallic
Is it 100% required? I have one on the way and now I'm a bit worried. I was hoping to just put it on without the loctite. The stock shift knob can taken on and off pretty easily, no loctite required.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Is it 100% required? I have one on the way and now I'm a bit worried. I was hoping to just put it on without the loctite. The stock shift knob can taken on and off pretty easily, no loctite required.

Yeah, unless some type of washer is developed to locate it.
Sponsored