Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
And that's where you'll see the additional 10-15 hp. 20-25hp is going to be what the 2018 is getting.
Heck, I'll be happy with 460 hp as long it comes with a relatively healthy torque bump.
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Heck, I'll be happy with 460 hp as long it comes with a relatively healthy torque bump.
I'm curious as to why the F150 only received a 13 lb-ft bump when it being a truck would typically need more.

Dave99GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang Convertible
Maybe the reason they are holding off on releasing 2018 numbers is that once they do, NO ONE will buy a 2017 because the 2018 numbers are going to be so good...
Why would Ford want to release numbers now, when there still are a lot of 17s to move off dealer lots?

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Maybe the reason they are holding off on releasing 2018 numbers is that once they do, NO ONE will buy a 2017 because the 2018 numbers are going to be so good...
Why would Ford want to release numbers now, when there still are a lot of 17s to move off dealer lots?
I said basically the same thing a page ago.
I hope this is the case and I'm not disappointed.

Sponsored

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Did Ford do the same thing with MY2011? If the 2011 was release in August 2010, when did they announce the power figures?

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I can get a 2017 Base GTPP right now for about $34500 OTD. I figure a 2018 the way I want it will be $40000 OTD. To me the extra $5500 is worth it to get wheels I don't need to change and a louder stock exhaust I don't need to change out. That alone is a minimum $2500 I'd need to spend. Plus I get a better interior, new engine (good or bad thing) better tires, chassis tweaks and upgraded transmission (auto or manual)
I'm in the same boat. I would love to save on a 2017 but the savings seem to be diminished greatly with better options in tech, auto transmission, and internals in the 2018.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Did Ford do the same thing with MY2011? If the 2011 was release in August 2010, when did they announce the power figures?
The 2011's hit way before August 2010. I drove one late June of 2010.

The 5.0's power figures were announced in December 2009, 2011 production started in May of 2010.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I'm in the same boat. I would love to save on a 2017 but the savings seem to be diminished greatly with better options in tech, auto transmission, and internals in the 2018.
Tough call, I'm in the same spot. The 15-17 is proven and reliable, you know what you get. With the 18 we don't know yet. Also, the Mustang is turning from an American Pony car more and more into a European luxury sports car, imo (heated steering wheel for example). I do like tech but the more you have, the more can/will break. With the FL, they are "testing" new tech which will be standard on the 20/21 model year I suppose.

Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I can get a 2017 Base GTPP right now for about $34500 OTD. I figure a 2018 the way I want it will be $40000 OTD. To me the extra $5500 is worth it to get wheels I don't need to change and a louder stock exhaust I don't need to change out. That alone is a minimum $2500 I'd need to spend. Plus I get a better interior, new engine (good or bad thing) better tires, chassis tweaks and upgraded transmission (auto or manual)
Mostly agreed but I think the aftermarket will provide exhaust upgrades that people will want. And with the active exhaust tech, they won't be cheap. The new quad tip exhaust seems to sound good for a stock but people (enthusiasts that hang out in forums) will keep modding no matter what.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Tough call, I'm in the same spot. The 15-17 is proven and reliable, you know what you get. With the 18 we don't know yet. Also, the Mustang is turning from an American Pony car more and more into a European luxury sports car, imo (heated steering wheel for example). I do like tech but the more you have, the more can/will break. With the FL, they are "testing" new tech which will be standard on the 20/21 model year I suppose.
Yes exactly - 10 speed autos, magneride, digital dial etc. If you want all that you'd be better off buying an Audi or similar. I like tech with the Sync 3, Android Auto etc but not when it gets to the point that you're essentially buying an Audi but with a dropey front. Saying that, the expected extra power and revs for the 18 is attractive (especially with a stick, without magneride and the black wheels), if only they'd not ruined the front and not stuck a Toyota spoiler on the back (what was wrong with the GT350 style?).

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
The thing I find wierd is the '18s will start being built only 3 days after the '17s have stopped. There must not be to many changes on the actual production line since they're changing model years over a weekend.
Is this confirmed?

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Mostly agreed but I think the aftermarket will provide exhaust upgrades that people will want. And with the active exhaust tech, they won't be cheap. The new quad tip exhaust seems to sound good for a stock but people (enthusiasts that hang out in forums) will keep modding no matter what.
I agree to an extent. Had I gone the 17 route of course one of the first things to go was the exhaust BUT from what I've heard so far. I like the raspiness of the 2018 quad tips. I'm thinking long tube headers and x pipe might be all I need. I'm also looking for a specific volume and sound.

Don't need my vehicle to sound like it has megaphones on the tailpipes every time I take off as well.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I just had my 2017 sent to the dealer to go to the body shop to have my right passenger door adjusted. It was rubbing on the inside part of the front quarter panel and they had to adjust the door and fix the paint rubbing off. I'm glad it was on the inner part because the entire car has Opticoat Pro + and the front half has Suntek Ultra on it. They didn't have to touch that thankfully and the issue was minor.

The rest of the body panels are aligned, and the rear window looks good as well. This isn't exactly the easiest car to put together with all the lines, edges, and curves to be honest. No driveline vibration, my A/C is working, no rattles, and my cooled seats are working. Then again I only have about 500 miles, so I need more time.

With a catback, long tube headers, intake, wheels/tires, and a tune, I think my 2017 will be just fine. What matters most is I am really enjoying it and having a blast. I'm sure the 2018 will do the same for many as well.
Sponsored