Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
If only epiphany could unlock the key to enabling the pump in the BCM....

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
A gentleman I know has already cracked a few of these. I'll ask and see if he'll look at this one.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
A gentleman I know has already cracked a few of these. I'll ask and see if he'll look at this one.
Hey [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION],
Would you know if any of the newly "cracked" expands the GT350 list of Forscan mods? Thanks!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Most recently? Jesse at OEMRadio can remotely do certain module changes, such as enabling the exhaust toggle when I upgraded to an 8" screen/dash bezel with toggle switches.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Most recently? Jesse at OEMRadio can remotely do certain module changes, such as enabling the exhaust toggle when I upgraded to an 8" screen/dash bezel with toggle switches.
That's great Epiphany! Congratulations :thumbsup:

Any chance we can keep track of the mods?

Last edited:
OP
OP
kgschrader

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spacecitypanteras.com
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350R LR217, 2017 Raptor, 20 720S, 71 Pantera
If you can't find a spot where the new 8 pin connector attaches to the body floor wiring harness, I think you just found out there's a different main wiring loom.

In fact, fordparts breaks out the body floor wiring harness for the base, tech, track. Looks like 4 different skus, including 2017. Those harnesses trend for ~$500, and you still probably have to enable the logic in the BCM.

Unless you have to maintain a stock racing class, this cost seems too high for a PWM pump that wouldn't be too hard to wire up to an external circuit. Or just use an external pump entirely - people have posted some nice ones.

Then there's still the differential temp sensor.
I haven't had a chance to check my car yet, but I think your first point is correct. The Tech Pack main harness won't support the Track Pack rear harnesses. However, the exhaust control and shock control is all back there in the Tech Pack, so _soemthing_ is back there.
I'll find out this weekend.

I'd like to thank Scott (voodoo) for going out of the way to supply pictures and numbers from his Track Pack car. That has helped immensely.

Some questions, since I don't have the wiring diagrams.... Where can we find the wiring diagrams? I did order the Helm manual. Not arrived yet.

1) Will the 2017 main harness support the Tech Pack, the GT seats, etc?
Yes, it'd be expensive and time consuming to buy it and change it out if so it's not that economic, anyway.
And yes, some programming would probably be required.

2) Is there any indication of the Tech Pack harness supporting the diff temp sensor? i.e., is there an 'extra wire' that runs to the correct pin on the controller?
I'm guessing not... I'd really like to have the display show the Axle Temp.

3) Does anyone know the power requirement for the diff pump?
i.e., what's the max current/amps it requires?

My fall back to all this, if the Tech Pack will not support the Track Pack pigtails in the back, is to use what I need of the Track Pack harnesses and wire up a temperature controlled PWM to the differential cooler pump.
At least, that way it'll be automatic as opposed to just turning it on and off.

I'm in this so far now, I'm considering it a challenge to beat it....

The transmission cooler solution has been shown to be straight forward.

FYI,
I'm using the stock Ford parts along with a temperature controlled Weldon 9200a. All the parts I need should be here by Friday and the weekend will be dedicated to installing it.
The best thing about the transmission is that the sensor is there and supported.

FWIW,
Kirby

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I am using a Tilton 2 GPM pump for my differential cooler, and that pump draws 4 amps with a 10 amp circuit 16 gauge wire recommended. I would assume most pumps with a similar efficiency, whether diaphragm or gear pump, would need the same power requirements.
One item that I would like to confirm is: If the Tech Pack cars don't have the wiring harness to support the transmission or differential pumps, then I would assume the fuse console doesn't have a circuit for those items either. Because of this, I am planning to run a separate power circuit for both.
I also understand that some people like the challenge of making these pumps thermal controlled, but my thought for the differential is that I will use it for track time only since I have never seen the diff temperature go past 185 degrees in any of my 10K miles of daily driving. So I plan to install a manual switch in the console for both circuits.

Last edited:

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't had a chance to check my car yet, but I think your first point is correct. The Tech Pack main harness won't support the Track Pack rear harnesses. However, the exhaust control and shock control is all back there in the Tech Pack, so _soemthing_ is back there.
I'll find out this weekend.

I'd like to thank Scott (voodoo) for going out of the way to supply pictures and numbers from his Track Pack car. That has helped immensely.

Some questions, since I don't have the wiring diagrams.... Where can we find the wiring diagrams? I did order the Helm manual. Not arrived yet.

1) Will the 2017 main harness support the Tech Pack, the GT seats, etc?
Yes, it'd be expensive and time consuming to buy it and change it out if so it's not that economic, anyway.
And yes, some programming would probably be required.

2) Is there any indication of the Tech Pack harness supporting the diff temp sensor? i.e., is there an 'extra wire' that runs to the correct pin on the controller?
I'm guessing not... I'd really like to have the display show the Axle Temp.

3) Does anyone know the power requirement for the diff pump?
i.e., what's the max current/amps it requires?

My fall back to all this, if the Tech Pack will not support the Track Pack pigtails in the back, is to use what I need of the Track Pack harnesses and wire up a temperature controlled PWM to the differential cooler pump.
At least, that way it'll be automatic as opposed to just turning it on and off.

I'm in this so far now, I'm considering it a challenge to beat it....

The transmission cooler solution has been shown to be straight forward.

FYI,
I'm using the stock Ford parts along with a temperature controlled Weldon 9200a. All the parts I need should be here by Friday and the weekend will be dedicated to installing it.
The best thing about the transmission is that the sensor is there and supported.

FWIW,
Kirby
I'll see about scanning them when I get home tonight, without breaking copyright laws. Honestly, there's only one page needed, and three connectors that can help. There are two ways to get it - the Helms CD has them, and there's also a hard copy of the wiring diagrams available.

It's really weird, this circuit differs between the Helms CD and the printed book from Ford. Helms draws out the diff pump circuit, but not the diff temp sensor. However, the connector diagrams still show both. My mistake was not being able to trace the circuit for the diff sensor. They'll frequently reference an engineering harness segment, but remember how your part number changed? The new part number 14a411 is one that appears several times, and frankly I do not understand how Ford names their parts (engineering parts vs actual - model-part-rev?).

Which is why Voodoo's photos for both were so helpful. Thanks!

Last edited:

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
I just verified that while the tech pack and track pack car do have the same connectors in the rear, the wiring is not there in the main chassis harness. Looks like time for another stand alone thermostat controller for the rear diff as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kgschrader

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
I just verified that while the tech pack and track pack car do have the same connectors in the rear, the wiring is not there in the main chassis harness. Looks like time for another stand alone thermostat controller for the rear diff as well.
That's what I was afraid of... Sigh...

Yup, time for a thermostatically controlled PWM circuit.
That's why I was asking about power requirements for the pump.
You can get a temperature controlled PWM for a fan up to 4 amps for about $9.
Cheap, if it will work.

Thanks for the feedback. We can install the harnesses we bought, but they won't do anything, I guess.

Kirby

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Not just to you John, but would a track pack main chassis harness be a direct replacement for the tech pack main chassis harness that would offer a full OEM diff cooler install? (someone was gonna ask, figured I'd get it out there...)

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
All of these hurdles that require a deviation from track pack cars for a solution is why it is taking Ford so long to come out with an acceptable solution. That is why I decided to start with the differential cooler. As a separate power system it will be easier to complete overall. Trying to integrate into the factory systems will be much more difficult.

OP
OP
kgschrader

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
Not just to you John, but would a track pack main chassis harness be a direct replacement for the tech pack main chassis harness that would offer a full OEM diff cooler install? (someone was gonna ask, figured I'd get it out there...)
I would say no...
Because the Tech Pack supports the heated and cooled GT seats.
The Track Pack didn't come with those in 2016...

Since the Tech Pack harness doesn't seem to support the Track Pack diff cooler, then I doubt that the Track Pack harness would support the seats that didn't come with it.

Does that make sense?
:)

Kirby

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
diff pump and sensor

Until you get your Helms' CD, here's the circuit and connectors for the pump and sensor. But if the main wiring harness has different SKUs available on Fordparts.com, then you'll have to trace them back through harness segments.
EEC-27-14.jpg
C406.jpg
C408.jpg
C3427.jpg
Sponsored