Sponsored

OEM Differential Oil Cooler Install

jwb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pack, Wht w/ blu

As for the pump, when I first installed it months ago, I just hooked up 12v and it worked. Now... It's been too long.
I've forgotten which pins and exactly what I did...

Regards,
Kirby
Kirby,
Looks like Ford Performance now has a kit for the Diff cooler (M-4000-M8S). It includes a wiring harness (they won't sell it alone). I emailed FP and they replied indicating you just need power to pin 2 and ground pin 6. Which I have done and get no response from either of my pumps. Why this seems odd to me is because with KOEO I have power to both pins 1 (run/start) and 2 (battery). So, you prob used pin 2 when you ran yours. When you get back around to checking yours, let me know how it goes. I may have bad pumps.

For others interested,
Looks like AM, LMR, CJ Pony, Ford Perf and others offer the above kit. If you look at White Bear Lake AutoNation for the individual parts, you can get it much cheaper. However, you'll have to wire it yourself.

Thanks,
John
Sponsored

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Went to the Buttonwillow track day (50 Deep) and watched my diff temps. Got to a high of 247*. Given that is was a fairly cool day and I live in AZ and it gets pretty hot frequently in the summer, I am thinking I want to add a diff cooler. Inclined to buy the FP kit (although Dave GT’s setup is an appealing alternative and has the benefit of retaining the diff temp gauge). Has anyone figured a way of retaining the diff gauge with the FP kit ?