Not enough power?

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i think "throttle response" is easily confused by the automatic drivers with how the auto shifts for them in that driving mode. it's not like going into sport or track unlocks more power from the engine.....
Sponsored

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
I just let my best friend from high school drive my GT for about 45 minutes. He dogged it hard. I learned how to drive a stick on his 95 V6. Let me just say that anyone that feels like they don't have enough power in this car is a lunatic. I also want forced induction down the road, but holy hell the Coyote is such a terrific motor. Come on, guys. Have you dropped it into 3rd and gunned it? He was chirping all the way through 3rd and hammering that car down the road. Come on. You could see the smile on his face from a mile away.

Catfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2003 Cobra, 2015 GT PP
I just let my best friend from high school drive my GT for about 45 minutes. He dogged it hard. I learned how to drive a stick on his 95 V6. Let me just say that anyone that feels like they don't have enough power in this car is a lunatic. I also want forced induction down the road, but holy hell the Coyote is such a terrific motor. Come on, guys. Have you dropped it into 3rd and gunned it? He was chirping all the way through 3rd and hammering that car down the road. Come on. You could see the smile on his face from a mile away.
But have you flogged a 600+ HP car around? :headbang:

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I'm pretty in tune with my vehicles and I cant tell a bit of difference in throttle response between them.
You are the first person I have heard say this. I find there is a very significant difference (for the better) in throttle response between Normal and Sport+ or Track. And Snow/Wet absolutely neuters the throttle response - can't stand it.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have not. My cousin who just drove my car loved it and had a blast, and his dad has a 6XX rwhp 2003 Cobra. I think it's safe to say that this platform is righteous!!!

I will FI this thing but not for many years.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
i think "throttle response" is easily confused by the automatic drivers with how the auto shifts for them in that driving mode. it's not like going into sport or track unlocks more power from the engine.....
+1000000000000000

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
For those of us coming from the '11-14s, the move to a vehicle that is noticeably slower (measured and by the butt dyno) is disappointing. Sure, it's faster/quicker than many vehicles out there but to be slower than it's predecessor, sucks. 475hp would get it to where I'd be happy with it out of the box.

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
More power, no. But it definitely takes less pedal to get into that power in Sport+ and Track modes.

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Power is retaliative. My 15 putting down 600rwhp felt like a dog to me.... Can't wait to pick it back up next week with 1100+

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Power is retaliative. My 15 putting down 600rwhp felt like a dog to me.... Can't wait to pick it back up next week with 1100+
Can you start a thread detailing your setup? Sounds like a serious race car

Sponsored

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Can you start a thread detailing your setup? Sounds like a serious race car
There is a thread already, it's in the members projects or what not.

It's not a race car, it's my "wifes" car.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Cars always feel better from the passenger seat.

I personally am not complaining about the power and speed this car produces. The coyote is great and this is a great platform for the drag strip; however, it's the way the power is delivered that bothers me, it just doesn't "feel'' that powerful to me. :shrug:
It moves and feels pretty good between 3500ish and 5500ish and that's it. Sometimes WOT feels less stronger than rolling into the throttle, weird!

Last edited:

TeddysStang

1st time Stang owner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
CarolinaCarConnections.info
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium GT - 20" wheels
Just want to start by saying, I have not dyno'd my Mustang yet. I intend to as soon as I can.

When that happens, I of course will get a better idea of how much power mine is putting down.

As of now I'm going off my butt dyno, and honestly I was expecting more. I have 500 miles on it so far, and it really isn't as fast / powerful as I thought / hoped it would be.

Example: I tried launch control yesterday for the first time. I launched at 3k in track mode / traction control off, and it barely broke loose. A couple chirps from limited wheel hop / and almost no chirp into 2nd gear.

I'm not trying to burn my tires up (tires are expensive). And I know traction=good times at the track / more money in your pocket. I just thought I would have to take it easy in order to preserve my rubber. But i'm finding it is actually the opposite. I'm having to try really hard to feel wheel spin / break traction.

I have heard / read many people saying they are having trouble preserving their tires or maintaining traction at the track with the stock tires.

Kinda starting to wonder if there is something wrong with my car....

I'm not the best driver out there, but I'm no amateur.

Any thoughts or guidance is much appreciated.

s550/Gt/PP/PP 400a/all stock.
I have 5K miles on my car now and I feel it's finally starting to break in. In fact, since I've added my Quad Roush AB exhaust I am feeling more power and throttle response in normal Mode. I haven't done a tune yet, and might not. There are so many COPS around my area around Charlotte, NC, its ridiculous. No need for more power. Already have a speeding ticket.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
There is a thread already, it's in the members projects or what not.

It's not a race car, it's my "wifes" car.
Very nice. What do your "race" cars have in them?

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice. What do your "race" cars have in them?
Ha, exactly. If his "wife's" non-race car is 1,100+ hp, what the heck does he have in his race car? This is probably John Force on here being sneaky.
Sponsored