Sponsored

Not enough power?

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Ha, exactly. If his "wife's" non-race car is 1,100+ hp, what the heck does he have in his race car? This is probably John Force on here being sneaky.
Us mere poor pony peasants will have to give offerings to people who actually own fast cars. I'll tell you, hanging around forums and dragstrips has given me a new appreciation of what "fast" means. My car is slow, slow, slow.

But there's hope for it... if someone wants to donate about 10 large to the cause, anyway.
Sponsored

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
Ford makes a more refined car and now we complain about it feeling slow. Hah.

I think it's also traction, my fox bodies didn't hook this well when they had drag radials.

Also, power delivery gradual and not like a single turbo supra.

Lastly it's heavier and softer suspension makes you not feel what going on as much.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Ford makes a more refined car and now we complain about it feeling slow. Hah.

I think it's also traction, my fox bodies didn't hook this well when they had drag radials.

Also, power delivery gradual and not like a single turbo supra.

Lastly it's heavier and softer suspension makes you not feel what going on as much.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
I can sum your post up in one word ~ Refinement. I have no regrets about the power of the new Mustang. And just like in years past you can tweak/mod the suspension & drivetrain of the S550 if you desire more.

Kudos to Ford for improving the Mustang, wished it weighed about 33-3400 lbs, other than that I'm stoked.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
For those of us coming from the '11-14s, the move to a vehicle that is noticeably slower (measured and by the butt dyno) is disappointing. Sure, it's faster/quicker than many vehicles out there but to be slower than it's predecessor, sucks. 475hp would get it to where I'd be happy with it out of the box.
I just have to comment on your avatar pic! FOK very nice

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
my car is stock and ive been able to easily break the tires loose in 1st, 2nd and even chirped 3rd gear, with all the nannies on.
Ditto.

Swore to myself I wouldn't turn off the nannies until I got through break-in.

Sponsored

4Mustangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT 50th Anniversary AP Black
For those of us coming from the '11-14s, the move to a vehicle that is noticeably slower (measured and by the butt dyno) is disappointing. Sure, it's faster/quicker than many vehicles out there but to be slower than it's predecessor, sucks. 475hp would get it to where I'd be happy with it out of the box.
I am also puzzled at this. I have a 14 convertible also and its surprising de difference in the "butt dyno" feel. I haven´t raced the 15 vs the 14 but the 14 feels so much powerful, you get pushed against the back seat amazingly, where the 15 feels like nothing happened.

But I don´t know if its just that you can´t feel the speed in the 15 compared to the 14, or if its actually slower.

On the other hand I absolutely love how the 15 drives and handles on the less than perfect roads compared to the older Mustangs.

Guess one thing for the other...

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I do not know what all of you all are talking about. I test drove every Mustang under the sun, it feels like, over a period of several months. In terms of acceleration, I couldn't feel any appreciable difference between 11-14 and 15s. In terms of instrument tests, the 15 is within one tenth of the 14 in the 1/4 mile. And the 13/14 was a hair quicker than the 11-12, so the 15 is probably right about the same as the 11/12.

I felt more difference between gear ratios than I did between model years. Pretty much any stock 5.0 Coyote is going to be a driver's race (in a straight line) with any other, even accounting for gearing. On the track, the 15 is more comparable to the Boss 302 than a regular 11-14.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I do not know what all of you all are talking about. I test drove every Mustang under the sun, it feels like, over a period of several months. In terms of acceleration, I couldn't feel any appreciable difference between 11-14 and 15s. In terms of instrument tests, the 15 is within one tenth of the 14 in the 1/4 mile. And the 13/14 was a hair quicker than the 11-12, so the 15 is probably right about the same as the 11/12.

I felt more difference between gear ratios than I did between model years. Pretty much any stock 5.0 Coyote is going to be a driver's race (in a straight line) with any other, even accounting for gearing. On the track, the 15 is more comparable to the Boss 302 than a regular 11-14.
I put 29k on my '12. The difference is noticeable immediately with any significant time behind the wheel of them. My '12 was bone stock with the exception of Eibach springs. I'm hoping the tune and JLT provide some much needed grunt.

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
I put 29k on my '12. The difference is noticeable immediately with any significant time behind the wheel of them. My '12 was bone stock with the exception of Eibach springs. I'm hoping the tune and JLT provide some much needed grunt.
I had about 30k stock miles on my '12 before it was totalled(Thank you Texas drivers...) and I had about 2600 stock miles on the '15 before the blower and I didn't notice a huge difference between them as far as acceleration.

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
I test drove the 14 and 15 back to back both in 373 rear ends and I couldn't notice a difference. I did notice a bit more Gallup in the 15 at top end.

All this bullocks about the 11-14 being quicker is nonsense. Mustang guys don't know how to properly launch the 550 (as IRS is trickier). The 197 is consistently faster as a sra is easier to launch no disagreement there.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I test drove the 14 and 15 back to back both in 373 rear ends and I couldn't notice a difference. I did notice a bit more Gallup in the 15 at top end.

All this bullocks about the 11-14 being quicker is nonsense. Mustang guys don't know how to properly launch the 550 (as IRS is trickier). The 197 is consistently faster as a sra is easier to launch no disagreement there.
your absolutely right. I ran a 12.8@112 on a 90"degree day stock. That's a 12.5-12.6 in the fall. It's all just propaganda from the S197 owners because they aren't the latest and greatest thing anymore.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
your absolutely right. I ran a 12.8@112 on a 90"degree day stock. That's a 12.5-12.6 in the fall. It's all just propaganda from the S197 owners because they aren't the latest and greatest thing anymore.
Propaganda? I own a '15 LOL.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Propaganda? I own a '15 LOL.
yes so have I. Do you have time slips for both cars or are you going strictly by your but dyno? Time slips tell the actual tale.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
yes so have I. Do you have time slips for both cars or are you going strictly by your but dyno? Time slips tell the actual tale.
I dont but many others do and they show the same thing (hence the comment of measurable results along with the butt dyno). The difference in how the two vehicles pull in 2nd gear is easiest to notice.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I dont but many others do and they show the same thing (hence the comment of measurable results along with the butt dyno). The difference in how the two vehicles pull in 2nd gear is easiest to notice.
Timeslips I've seen, in aggregate, show negligible difference. Magazine tests show negligible difference. Your butt dyno might be fooled by the difference in handling.
Sponsored