Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase

VAGunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
VAGunny, does yours have the same thickness mounting tabs as the old h/e and the IC tank at 0.125 or the thinner .075 like mine? I assumed it would at least have the same tabs as the lighter weight original.
Ironair, sorry for the delay taking the measurements but looks like the tabs on my new H/E are 0.125. it was a little tricky getting my caliper inside the grille to measure, but 99% sure that's accurate.

The Game

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
How much coolant does it take to fill this system now? Thinking about upgrading and want to have all the supplies ready.

carnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT PP Stg 2 Whipped
How much coolant does it take to fill this system now? Thinking about upgrading and want to have all the supplies ready.
Just ordered, same question. Thinking of going BND coolant route...

VAGunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just ordered, same question. Thinking of going BND coolant route...
I went with the BND coolant when I did the swap and it seems to be working great so far. My CHT has been staying consistant around 200-205*, whereas before I was getting around 215-225*.

It took me just shy of 3 gallons mixed (so 1.5gal. concentrate & 1.5gal distilled water) to fill my tank back up. 2 gallons of the concentrate should be more than enough.

Sponsored

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Why would CHT have anything to do with a new heat exchanger for your blower? Are you inferring that keeping the intercooler brick cooler inside the intake plenum is helping absorb the heat of the lower manifold and also the cylinder heads? If that's the case, wouldn't the reverse also work? Run a really cold thermostat, radiator fans on high, and the result should be a lower intercooler brick temp? Has to work both ways or not at all.

VAGunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Why would CHT have anything to do with a new heat exchanger for your blower? Are you inferring that keeping the intercooler brick cooler inside the intake plenum is helping absorb the heat of the lower manifold and also the cylinder heads? If that's the case, wouldn't the reverse also work? Run a really cold thermostat, radiator fans on high, and the result should be a lower intercooler brick temp? Has to work both ways or not at all.
It wouldn't. Sorry, should have been more clear but I was referring to the DNB Coolant working well.

Need to datalog my next drive to see what IAT2 temps are with the new H/E and compare to the old temps. Will post that up when I get a chance.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
fyi, guys, whipple is telling me they are a few weeks out on these now, we've ran through the entire first batch

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
fyi, guys, whipple is telling me they are a few weeks out on these now, we've ran through the entire first batch
Damnit. I just called them too and got not answer. Trying to find out the cost of getting it in black. Do you have any pricing on that from them yet?

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
It wouldn't. Sorry, should have been more clear but I was referring to the DNB Coolant working well.

Need to datalog my next drive to see what IAT2 temps are with the new H/E and compare to the old temps. Will post that up when I get a chance.
Gotcha ok. Had seen others in this thread say the same thing, which is why I asked.

Sponsored

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Damnit. I just called them too and got not answer. Trying to find out the cost of getting it in black. Do you have any pricing on that from them yet?
Whipple told me an extra $50 for black powder coated.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hope mine made it out the door before they ran out.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Ordering one from Beefcake. Called Whipple twice and 2 different people there said you can't get it in black. Probably going to just put a light coat of black VHT on the front just take off come of the glare to keep it stealthy.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Ordered mine this morning, they are 4 weeks backordered. And they confirmed no black coating, as well.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates on this?

My CC took a hit 7Jun17
Sponsored