Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Tried updating mine again, did a master reset on it this time before updating. Still received the same message saying that "The installation has run out of space or does not work with this version"

Any ideas?

[MENTION=18937]Mtipton[/MENTION]

Are you uploading the correct one? There is a nav and a non-nav. SIAP.
Sponsored

Mtipton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
[MENTION=18937]Mtipton[/MENTION]

Are you uploading the correct one? There is a nav and a non-nav. SIAP.
Yup, should have mentioned that. I'm using the file for factory nav cars as my car is a factory nav car.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Well mine is updated, but it is glitchy. It does get rather crazy with the voice commands. While plugged in and in aa mode you can not use voice normally, google takes over and it is quite annoying. Just my two cents though gl.
Are you talking about Sync voice commands being glitchy or Android Auto? Android Auto taking over voice is what happens on my 2017 GT350 so that's the correct behavior. I do find Android Auto voice recognition to be hit or miss and Sync more accurate which is surprising.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well It did say completed, I am uploading step 2 right now. Wish me luck, this will be so much nicer I am sure.
Thanks
whats this step 2 you speak of? this is a single step update as far as I know..........

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Non nav units require two updates do to size constraints.

Sponsored

16svo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost mustang
Are you talking about Sync voice commands being glitchy or Android Auto? Android Auto taking over voice is what happens on my 2017 GT350 so that's the correct behavior. I do find Android Auto voice recognition to be hit or miss and Sync more accurate which is surprising.
The sync voice is amazing, but aa takes over a bit too much in my opinion.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
youre about the only person Ive heard say that, Sync voice recognition is awful, while AA is spectacular! but I guess we're all different.......

The download contained two sets of uploads for the car. So that is what I referred too.
yeah @HISSMAN pointed that out, Im a nav car, so mine was a single step

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I have found that AA voice recognition depends on where you put your phone and what phone it is. I think AA uses the phone to listen whereas Sync uses the built in cabin mics. I could be wrong but in my Explorer with my Edge 7 AA had terrible recognition until I moved my phone out of the center console and placed it in the cup holder. After that AA voice recognition works pretty darn well. My pixel XL works a little better in the center console and pretty flawlessly in the cup holder.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have found that AA voice recognition depends on where you put your phone and what phone it is. I think AA uses the phone to listen whereas Sync uses the built in cabin mics. I could be wrong but in my Explorer with my Edge 7 AA had terrible recognition until I moved my phone out of the center console and placed it in the cup holder. After that AA voice recognition works pretty darn well. My pixel XL works a little better in the center console and pretty flawlessly in the cup holder.
that makes sense but I thought the car mic took over since the steering wheel "talk" button took over as well

DraXxus1549

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I wish it was easier to activate the sync voice control too. I use a usb flash drive for music and like to able to load up different artist/albums/whatever with sync. Can't do that with AA because it doesn't see the flash drive.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I wish it was easier to activate the sync voice control too. I use a usb flash drive for music and like to able to load up different artist/albums/whatever with sync. Can't do that with AA because it doesn't see the flash drive.
one workaround to that is save your music in your google music account and stream them through android auto.. tried it it works:cheers: nowadays music is so flexible you can move it wherever you want

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
that makes sense but I thought the car mic took over since the steering wheel "talk" button took over as well
Yeah, As I said I could absolutely be wrong. I am going to do some more testing.
Sponsored