2016 Mustang GT Conv't

Sponsored

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
Hey guys!!!

Just a heads up. According to jmr061 (jm061) you are ordering the wrong part. While the dual port USB HUB will work, the front USB port will no longer function.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
is this actually it or an educated guess?
Read a few posts up. It's the F-150 hub but should fit in our cars. No one has actually installed one yet.
Well the HC3Z-19A387-B is on back order with no ETA. The parts guy at the dealer said GJ7Z-19A387-B is the same part only with a white light Vs Blue. I had him swap me over since it is in stock and I should have it Friday or Saturday so I can confirm if CarPlay works with this Sync version and that hub.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Hey guys!!!

Just a heads up. According to jmr061 (jm061) you are ordering the wrong part. While the dual port USB HUB will work, the front USB port will no longer function.
Which part does he suggest?

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
While I appreciate what's been done here, I must wait for the part number confirmation from Ford... and since I've no use for Android Auto, no reason to move to v2.2 until the part exists. Which means I guess I'll be the holdout that looks for any differences between this hack and the official release for Fords (Mustangs?).

Sponsored

ddeveryday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
This is awesome! I installed the update with the nav and everything works beautifully for AA. Saying "OK Google" works, pressing the steering wheel mic button triggers the "OK Google" command. Everything has been pretty smooth so far.

Thank you guys!

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Not sure but that is on PC/Mac a big advantage of USB you an piggy back up to like 256 ports
Well according to the poster above, adding this part that we ordered will disable the front USB hub. Honestly I'm okay with that as I only used the front one to connect my phone so I could see my maps. With Carplay I won't need to do that. Once the official part comes out for our cars I can swap again. I just have a road trip coming up second week of January and want to get CarPlay up and running before then.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
While I appreciate what's been done here, I must wait for the part number confirmation from Ford... and since I've no use for Android Auto, no reason to move to v2.2 until the part exists. Which means I guess I'll be the holdout that looks for any differences between this hack and the official release for Fords (Mustangs?).
I don't blame you. I hope doing this update won't be the Ford equivalent of "jailbreaking". Hopefully if I take it to the dealer and they go to update it or if I have an issue with the screen or something in the future it doesn't set off any red flags or anything.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
does anyone know anyone with a 17? pop their hub and take a picture of the part number sticker. Problem solved
Sponsored