NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Make sure you have android auto on your phone
Make sure you have android auto enabled for your phone on the headunit
Thanks Glex25! The part I missed was enabling it on the head unit.

For other old people - Tap settings on the head unit home screen, then scroll to the right.:doh:
Sponsored

DraXxus1549

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Do you have this button? Screenshot from my Galaxy S7 Edge. Once it downloads, you can open your slide out / side menu and flip the toggle at the bottom for "downloaded only".

NpjFVWR.png
I don't see the image you posted. If you used imgur try another host, this site does not seem to like imgur images.

IsolatedSnail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue GT/CS

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
I just did the 2 part update on my Non NAV SYNC 3 system. Both of the updates installed successfully and after the second one the system gave a message that an update has been applied to SYNC ay power up however when I goto the settings and check the software version it's still at v1.0 and android auto is not available. Any ideas what happened here?

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
I just did the 2 part update on my Non NAV SYNC 3 system. Both of the updates installed successfully and after the second one the system gave a message that an update has been applied to SYNC ay power up however when I goto the settings and check the software version it's still at v1.0 and android auto is not available. Any ideas what happened here?
the directions said to shut off your car for 5 minutes and then turn it back on; did you do this after it was successful?

Sponsored

IsolatedSnail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue GT/CS
Here is a contribution for those of you who have FORScan:

Pull up your APIM As-Built Data for editing...Only works with 2.0+ software.

Change this line:
7D0-04-01 xxxx xxxx 06xx

Adding the 06 in this spot should change the generic SYNC bluetooth pairing name to say Ford Mustang instead.

Let me know.
smile.gif

Others: Fusion is 03, F-150 is 0E, Edge is 09, MKZ is 19, and there are more of course.
Never used FORScan before, just saw it was an Android app. Is this something I would do after the install with my phone?

DraXxus1549

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
the directions said to shut off your car for 5 minutes and then turn it back on; did you do this after it was successful?
OK I thought I waited 5 mins but guess it wasn't long enough. So now when it comes up android auto is there and working but the SYNC version still shows as v1.0 in the menu. Is something still wrong?
IMG_20161214_211424.jpg

ddeveryday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
OK I thought I waited 5 mins but guess it wasn't long enough. So now when it comes up android auto is there and working but the SYNC version still shows as v1.0 in the menu. Is something still wrong?
Same thing happened to me, but I only care about Android Auto and went on with my day. Then I checked later on the day and it says v2.2. Ford.com still says my vehicle is v1.0

Sponsored

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
Same thing happened to me, but I only care about Android Auto and went on with my day. Then I checked later on the day and it says v2.2.
Sweet good to know. Thanks!

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
If you use a dual port USB Interface you will lose one of your USB Port locations.

Here are some pics I took... the correct Mustang USB hub will have two 5 pin usb ports on the back. The dual port USB Interface only has one 5 pin port because the USB chain terminates here. On the mustang one, one 5 pin goes in and another 5 pin goes out to your other USB port location.

So both will not work...

Link to more pics:
http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=3881&pid=94199#pid94199

`
Cool, thanks for the explanation, that makes sense. I can live with not having the front one working. I can always swap for the correct one eventually once the right one gets figured out and made available. I'm just impatient. My dual hub already shipped this afternoon so I'm hoping to do the update on Friday and see how CarPlay works!

DanMc85

The Source
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD 2.0L
Weird lol... you used both update files for non-nav? There is 2 parts.

DanMc85

The Source
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD 2.0L
Never used FORScan before, just saw it was an Android app. Is this something I would do after the install with my phone?
Only the PC version works to edit module code... the phone version only reads PIDs and DTCs

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
If you use a dual port USB Interface you will lose one of your USB Port locations.

Here are some pics I took... the correct Mustang USB hub will have two 5 pin usb ports on the back. The dual port USB Interface only has one 5 pin port because the USB chain terminates here. On the mustang one, one 5 pin goes in and another 5 pin goes out to your other USB port location.

So both will not work...

Link to more pics:
http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=3881&pid=94199#pid94199

`

I don't think you need to wire/splice any cables....you can just use a USB A male to USB mini male to connect the new hub
Sponsored