Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well according to the poster above, adding this part that we ordered will disable the front USB hub.
do we know, will both of the new ports work then?
Sponsored

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
While I appreciate what's been done here, I must wait for the part number confirmation from Ford... and since I've no use for Android Auto, no reason to move to v2.2 until the part exists. Which means I guess I'll be the holdout that looks for any differences between this hack and the official release for Fords (Mustangs?).
Same. With the release of this hack, I'm thinking something official must be on out soon. But then again, Ford :tsk:

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
do we know, will both of the new ports work then?
I would assume so. I'm guessing the only reason the front one would get disabled is because either the Mustang system knows to only recognize 2 USB ports or it can only power 2 because of the wiring. So I'm guessing the replacement part just takes priority somehow. If one works on the dual hub than the other should too I'd think.

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't

16svo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost mustang
Did everyone get the updating software message on the top, and then it would say connecting. Mine is flashing back and forth.

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Did everyone get the updating software message on the top, and then it would say connecting. Mine is flashing back and forth.
Mine just said Updating System Software, and then when it was complete, it popped up a window that said it was done.

JR

16svo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost mustang
Well It did say completed, I am uploading step 2 right now. Wish me luck, this will be so much nicer I am sure.
Thanks

Mtipton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Tried updating mine again, did a master reset on it this time before updating. Still received the same message saying that "The installation has run out of space or does not work with this version"

Any ideas?

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
While not a Mustang, I applied the Sync 2.2 update on my 2016 Edge Sport with NAV and it completed successfully. The only problem is that it seems to be picky about what USB cable I use with my Galaxy S7. The Samsung OEM USB cable works fine with Android Auto where only one of the Aukey USB cables worked. Both Aukey USB cables work fine in my 2017 GT350 so I'm not sure what's going on.

Last edited:

16svo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost mustang
Well mine is updated, but it is glitchy. It does get rather crazy with the voice commands. While plugged in and in aa mode you can not use voice normally, google takes over and it is quite annoying. Just my two cents though gl.
Sponsored