I'm hoping by late May for the serious driving season to begin! :D
Sponsored

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
After playing with some Carplay headunits at work, I have to say apart from the map function is kinda neat, everything else has already been done in Sync 3.

Falcon01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost Premium PP Manual
After playing with some Carplay headunits at work, I have to say apart from the map function is kinda neat, everything else has already been done in Sync 3.
Yup, but that's what we all really want. I can give a shit about everything in Android Auto except for nav, I want nav on the big screen!

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Unless Im confused, according to fords own website, carpal is available now, but I can't find any way to see how to get it. heres the link
https://www.ford.com/technology/sync/
It is, sort of. It's starting with the 2017 models. The first 2017 model, the Escape, is due in showrooms in a couple months. It will filter to 2016 models "later this year".

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Its in reference to the 17s that are shipping.. 16s will be getting update later

Sponsored

pstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 race red on order
ha, got excited for a sec, they way they word it, makes it seems like its available now with sync 3. thanks guys.

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
ha, got excited for a sec, they way they word it, makes it seems like its available now with sync 3. thanks guys.
Yeah.. I am looking into it now.. I have a couple sync 3 units.. they just have it a certain way right now.. I may be able to get few of you car play... I just have to see the serial number of the unit in your car.. I will know more Wednesday. I was planning on posting as soon as I knew..

johnnywyld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible EB
Yeah.. I am looking into it now.. I have a couple sync 3 units.. they just have it a certain way right now.. I may be able to get few of you car play... I just have to see the serial number of the unit in your car.. I will know more Wednesday. I was planning on posting as soon as I knew..
Wha??? How? I bought my Mustang Convertible over an M2 because I saw online 'Ford released Android Auto for Sync 3' yet when I got it, no Android Auto... ugh....

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Wha??? How? I bought my Mustang Convertible over an M2 because I saw online 'Ford released Android Auto for Sync 3' yet when I got it, no Android Auto... ugh....
Yes.. you will eventually get it.. I am just talking about not waiting.. I am trying to get it prior to ford releasing it to the public for the PYM.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
You bought an ecoboost mustang over a M2 because you thought the mustang had Android auto?

Well, take comfort in that android auto will be coming to the 2016s at some point.
Sponsored