Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

johnnywyld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible EB
You bought an ecoboost mustang over a M2 because you thought the mustang had Android auto?

Well, take comfort in that android auto will be coming to the 2016s at some point.
Yes, I wanted a convertible with Android Auto, got the A plan pricing that was going on through end of February, had to take what I could get, couldn't pass up on that deal. 310 HP good enough for me anyway.
Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Yes, I wanted a convertible with Android Auto, got the A plan pricing that was going on through end of February, had to take what I could get, couldn't pass up on that deal. 310 HP good enough for me anyway.
Gotcha

Enjoy the car. Hopefully andriod auto is not too far away for the 16s.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I was just at my local Ford dealership. The salesman told me that his Ford rep told all of them the 2015s with My Ford Touch would get the Apple CarPlay. I'm not sure how much truth there is to this statement or if he was just trying to sell me a 2015 to get it off the lot finally.

He said all it is is a USB change that will cost a few hundred bucks.

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I was just at my local Ford dealership. The salesman told me that his Ford rep told all of them the 2015s with My Ford Touch would get the Apple CarPlay. I'm not sure how much truth there is to this statement or if he was just trying to sell me a 2015 to get it off the lot finally.

This is so far from the truth that it's not even funny.. He has ZERO clue what he is saying.. Please do not believe him

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor

Completely inaccurate. CarPlay is not compatible with the 2015's MyFord Touch system. You'd need a complete hardware replacement (Sync module, touchscreen, etc.) CarPlay is coming to 2016 models and later.

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Well, in the sure and certain hope that this is in the near future, I am about to root my note2 to put android 6.1 on it. Never done that before, hope I dont brick it!

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
anyone got this update yet?

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
Well, in the sure and certain hope that this is in the near future, I am about to root my note2 to put android 6.1 on it. Never done that before, hope I dont brick it!
damn still rocking a 2013 vintage Note 2!

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
damn still rocking a 2013 vintage Note 2!
And apparently there is no stable, good ROM that can rock a 5+ android OS available for it. If/when this app comes out for the car, I may have to get the latest and greatest.

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
And apparently there is no stable, good ROM that can rock a 5+ android OS available for it. If/when this app comes out for the car, I may have to get the latest and greatest.
The s7e is pretty damn nice, the battery lasts forever has an amazing camera and can handle everything I throw at it. Of course by time Ford gets around to updating for AA/CP the Note 6 should be out lol.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The s7e is pretty damn nice, the battery lasts forever has an amazing camera and can handle everything I throw at it. Of course by time Ford gets around to updating for AA/CP the Note 6 should be out lol.
I'm too cheap, I will try to hack this thing first. My daughter just got a $100 zte zmax2, thing works great so far!

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
yeah but that 720p display makes me cringe on the old Note, lol

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
I'm too cheap, I will try to hack this thing first. My daughter just got a $100 zte zmax2, thing works great so far!
nexus 5x is a good phone thats not too expensive. Check out swappa too.

cbass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
God
Vehicle(s)
2015 400a A6
yeah but that 720p display makes me cringe on the old Note, lol
You think the Note was bad? I was stoked getting it just to be out of the Dell Streak.

And then I got the Mega... Nothing will ever make me think "is this phone too big?" ever again after having the mega.
Sponsored