Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I have two 2015 Fords, both with MFT, I want to eventually upgrade both. One is my 2015 Mustang, not much worry there. The other, a 2015 Edge sport has a screen on the right side of the cluster, will the data still propagate there from the new Sync3? Who might know this? Would an aftermarket upgrade from the company in Florida be "eligible" for upgrade?
Yes.. Everything will work.. part of the delay is that QNX is trying to make there part work with existing systems.. and that cluster is still a cluster that is in the current line up.. the APIMs communicate the same.. they have to.. because the only thing changing in the cars are the SYNC systems.. Eventually things may evolve further but as of now if you have MFT you can upgrade..

The only issue maybe cars that do not have physical buttons for climate controlled seats.. Ford has started to eliminate touch screen buttons in favor of going back to physical buttons for those that for some reason didn't like the onscreen buttons.. so we would have to verify there is capability in the sync 3 to have climate controls on the screen for the seats.. BUT if you have physical buttons in those cars like the mustang does.. you should be good to go..

Id be happy to help you upgrade :D
Sponsored

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
SO has anyone been able to install sync3 in a 2015 with sync2?

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
SO has anyone been able to install sync3 in a 2015 with sync2?
It's not a direct software 'install'. You need to replace the touchscreen and sync computer.

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Yes.. expensive.. but you can do it..
Who's actually done it? Conceptually you should be able to but I don't know of anyone who has swapped their base to Sync 3 or a MyFord Touch to Sync 3 in the Mustang yet.

Sponsored

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I did here in Dallas.. for a dealer.. its not that big a job just expensive right now.. finding the parts at a reasonable cost are impossible.. the touchscreen and APIM have to be replaced.. you can re coupe some of that through selling your MFT system online..

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I did here in Dallas.. for a dealer.. its not that big a job just expensive right now.. finding the parts at a reasonable cost are impossible.. the touchscreen and APIM have to be replaced.. you can re coupe some of that through selling your MFT system online..
Did you do MyFord Touch to Sync 3 or base Sync to Sync 3?

Old Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Guard, MT, 400A, 455, 648, 13D
So Ford, when can we SYNC 3 owners upgrade to run Android Play? It is time to move forward........

Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
So Ford, when can we SYNC 3 owners upgrade to run Android Play? It is time to move forward........

Exactly when they said... "Later this year".

Sent from my iPad using Fingers

Stangman21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2016 Premium
Old Guard,

I imagine it'll be in November or December of this year.
They have to worry about releasing it first on their 2017 cars first before moving backwards on us 2016 owners. So I wouldn't be rushing out and checking everyday for an update anytime soon.

Orgalorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
:doh:Well this is disappointing. I actually bailed on nav thinking AndroidAuto would be usable now...

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
17s will be here soon.. vins are out they're in production.. maybe another month.. they are already in dealer inventory

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
im hoping nov/dec is a stretch, dont they start building 17s soon? maybe early/later summer...fingers crossed
Sponsored