Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
With 3173 posts so far, not sure if this has been asked; why must the car remain running all the time, won't a battery charger do the same thing?
Sponsored

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
With 3173 posts so far, not sure if this has been asked; why must the car remain running all the time, won't a battery charger do the same thing?
I never started my car for the update, just hit the start button without clutch in or brake pressed, effectively doing the same thing as putting a keyed car in the ON position.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I never started my car for the update, just hit the start button without clutch in or brake pressed, effectively doing the same thing as putting a keyed car in the ON position.
Yeah, that didn't make sense to me. I wonder how many apparent suicides will be reported by mustang owners running the car with the garage door closed...:D:headbonk:

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that didn't make sense to me. I wonder how many apparent suicides will be reported by mustang owners running the car with the garage door closed...:D:headbonk:
They probably want the car running to get them out of any liability from people who might let it sit forever in ON position and then cook battery, but want it covered under warranty cause "Ford said I could do it".

Sponsored

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
Awesome just upgraded successfully to 17011 from the January 16280 version. My gracenotes which broke during the 16280 update is now back and working as well! I did need to buy a new 32gb USB 3 drive as I couldn't get it to work with my old 16GB USB 2 drive. Even with the 32Gb drive I ran into a problem after the first SYNC restart where it came back with a MEM_ERR03 error but I just started over and second time worked great. :thumbsup:

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
Figured out my problem related to "The installation has run out of space or does not work with this version." message. The problem was my Mac was incorrectly extracting the files. They have to be extracted correctly so they have the correct name. Download StuffIt Expander from the App Store and use that to unzip the files on to the flash drive. When I get home, I can post a screenshot of what the files have to be named.
I used 'unzip' in the Terminal. It extracted properly, and is already installed.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Well it's done! I did use the 2A charger on the battery to appease the update gods. So what's with the last step to report back to Ford?

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Well it's done! I did use the 2A charger on the battery to appease the update gods. So what's with the last step to report back to Ford?
inside the usb drive there should be a .xml file, log back into ford owner account and upload the file there

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I have a question regarding Sync3 and Android Auto. I have a 2017 model purchased in March (ver. 2.2) without Nav.

When I plug in my phone it takes me to AA screen where I set up Maps and I'm good. However, I need to change something in Sync screen, I have to go through options that take me back to Sync screen which is a major inconvenience.

Is there no Maps integration into the main Sync screen? I kind of regret not getting nav simply due to ease of use, but I think I remember seeing a demo of AA where maps was shown on the Sync home screen.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I have 2016 with Nav.
Without AA running, you can have your Home screen show the Sync3 Nav map on the left half of your screen.
When you run AA, you have no Sync3 controls via the touchscreen. So it's kind of one or the other, and never both. Yes, a little inconvenient.

However, all the regular pushbuttons on the center console still work. For example, you can tune/search the radio, or skip CD tracks, or adjust the climate, etc.

What I really like about AA, is to hit the Talk button on my steering wheel, and say a voice command straight into Google, which gets me what I want immediately about 95% of the time. Google rules. AA has really made my car smarter and more convenient (and safer).

AA now makes it really hard to justify $800 up charge for Nav, especially when you consider that is on top of the $4000 up charge for Premium model. So don't regret not getting Nav. It would only be a life-saver in an area where your phone has no data connection.

2¢

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What I really like about AA, is to hit the Talk button on my steering wheel, and say a voice command straight into Google, which gets me what I want immediately about 95% of the time. Google rules.
you can also simply say "ok google" without pushing any buttons, very cool!

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone having a problem with Android Auto randomly crashing?

Ill be using AA amd then the screen goes back to sync. The only way to restart AA is by unplugging and plugging the phone back in. Im using a Galaxy 7s

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Ill be using AA amd then the screen goes back to sync. The only way to restart AA is by unplugging and plugging the phone back in. Im using a Galaxy 7s
issues like these tend to be cable related, that being said, what cable are you using?

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost

Please use the actual cable that came with your phone. It is rated the best. That's what I am using on my Samsung S8. I was having to many problems using third party cables. Everything got resolved as soon as I used the manufacturer cable by Samsung. Other ppl on this thread have recommended other great cables.
Sponsored