GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has been going for 2 hours! I thought should only take 30 -60 minutes. I'm shutting off the car now ... oh well Lol
is your current one the unofficial one or the first 1.0 version?
Sponsored

1024GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mine is the original from factory 1.0.

Bubbadini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 3.55 6MT
Update on my Sync 3 v2.2 build 17011 non-Nav and Android Auto-

I finally got the Android Auto working.
It took 4th USB cable along with phone add and deletes.

From my memory, the cables that didn't work, I got Android Auto had to close message on Sync screen.

With the cable that works, Android Auto icon disappears from the Sync screen, but when I would unplug and re-plug the USB cable, my phone would vibrate and Android Auto icon would reappear on the Sync screen.

So when I looked at the phone, it was showing the screens for accepting terms and other confirmation screens.

Once I went through that, Android Auto worked.

The phone I use is AT&T LG G Flex2 Android Version 5.1.1 Build LMY47S.
It's not on Ford's supported phones list for AT&T, but it works.

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't

Sponsored

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
It appears cover art doesn't work at all now and when I check my gracenote version there isn't one.

izo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White
well maybe this is stupid but I need help on removing the connectors from the old usb hub. I don't want to break them. any videos, photos instructions?

1024GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I tried mine again and stopped after 1 1/2 hours. Ran out of places to go over the 4 hours of running around. I tried it with a different flash drive as well. Does the flash drive supposed to flash the entire time? Mine stopped after about 2 minutes.
I have the original 1.0 sync and I used a 32 gig 3.1 the first time.
Second time was an 8 gig old school ...probably 2.0
I put the 2 files and folder on the root of the flash drives. My sync folder looks like little pieces of paper icon and not like the book icon above. Both times I used the center console port. It just keeps reading "updating software" and never ends.
Am I missing something?

Shagen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Supercharged
It appears cover art doesn't work at all now and when I check my gracenote version there isn't one.

Did you try to?

Press the "MEDIA" button on the navigation system, then touch the "Jukebox" tab on the system's touchscreen.

Touch "Options," then "Update Album Information from CD database." The Gracenote CD information database is updated with the most current information.

It says to do that after you update the NAV software.

K'stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost premium
When I click on Begin update or Request Download, I get a pop-up which says "Internal error". Anyone else see this? Probably because the system is loaded because everyone is trying to download it.

Sponsored

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
Did you try to?

Press the "MEDIA" button on the navigation system, then touch the "Jukebox" tab on the system's touchscreen.

Touch "Options," then "Update Album Information from CD database." The Gracenote CD information database is updated with the most current information.

It says to do that after you update the NAV software.
i should have been more clear; i am talking about album art for the songs on my USB drive; worked great on 1.0, leaked 2.2 lots of issues and official 2.2 it doesnt work at all

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
i should have been more clear; i am talking about album art for the songs on my USB drive; worked great on 1.0, leaked 2.2 lots of issues and official 2.2 it doesnt work at all
Just an FYi i couldn't get the USB drive of music to really work at all, I had 35k songs and i had issues with not being able call them out by name and it would stall all the time so i just ended uploading everything to google music and using android auto, works like a charm.

My ID3 metadata was perfect BTW. Car came with 2.0 sync 3

LaneGalbreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang ecoboost premium
1.0 to 2.2

I downloaded everything and it looks great and I can see android auto and everything but it still says that I have 1.0 and it has me confused.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I cannot get the update to even begin for me, how does the folder layout need to look on the USB drive? Ive tried all possible combinations to no avail........