Mustang Ecoboost Check Engine Light

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Well I am not tuned and I'm sure that most of us here having this issue aren't also. And I wouldn't feel comfortable tuning until this issue is resolved. Anyways, I want to keep my warranty so I think ima wait to see what tune Ford will come out with. Shouldn't be that long now.
Wouldn't blame you there. I was chiming in more to the spark plug thing...that your CEL comes on with aftermarket plugs and goes away with OEM is bizarre.

15StangEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Mustang Ecoboost
Wouldn't blame you there. I was chiming in more to the spark plug thing...that your CEL comes on with aftermarket plugs and goes away with OEM is bizarre.
Yes, its weird. That's why I had to mention it. Its just didn't sit right with me so I put it out there to see. Just one more bit of information to get closer to a resolution....or its just gonna make more questions lol:headbonk: At this point, my car is running amazing, not too worried but like I said before, its annoying to see it there on a brand new car lol

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Yes, its weird. That's why I had to mention it. Its just didn't sit right with me so I put it out there to see. Just one more bit of information to get closer to a resolution....or its just gonna make more questions lol:headbonk: At this point, my car is running amazing, not too worried but like I said before, its annoying to see it there on a brand new car lol
Yea absolutely. Long shot, but maybe you damaged one of the iridium plugs when gapping? Sucks we even have to gap these things, but they were over .40 from the factory and I wasn't putting that in my car.

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
Just an update:
My cel has been off for 18 days/1500 miles. Done nothing to the car. It had been going on and off for several days at a time for about a month before that. Wondering if the software "learned" to ignore the faulty misfire signal that made the cel come on. Runs great.

Sponsored

15StangEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an update:
My cel has been off for 18 days/1500 miles. Done nothing to the car. It had been going on and off for several days at a time for about a month before that. Wondering if the software "learned" to ignore the faulty misfire signal that made the cel come on. Runs great.
Good to know. Imma just have to learn to be patient and wait, for either the ECU to learn or there to be a resolution form Ford. Either way there has to be fix.

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
Good to know. Imma just have to learn to be patient and wait, for either the ECU to learn or there to be a resolution form Ford. Either way there has to be fix.
Yep. If it runs fine try not to let it drive you nuts. I won't be surprised if mine comes back on.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Good one^

I have the NGKs gapped to .028 and it feels perfect

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
UPDATE: Well mine was off for 1300 miles or so with everything perfect. (Had dealer replace spark plugs and also did fuel cleaner on my own. Only running Chevron 91) CEL came back yesterday randomly after a cold start. I drove my car in all conditions for the most part, highway, city, canyons, slow, fast.

I'll be bringing this up with the Ford engineers at my meeting with them at the end of the month.

Sponsored

15StangEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE: Well mine was off for 1300 miles or so with everything perfect. (Had dealer replace spark plugs and also did fuel cleaner on my own. Only running Chevron 91) CEL came back yesterday randomly after a cold start. I drove my car in all conditions for the most part, highway, city, canyons, slow, fast.

I'll be bringing this up with the Ford engineers at my meeting with them at the end of the month.
Man that sucks dude. I was really hoping that your CEL would have stayed off with the spark plug change. Sucks. Let us know if you find out anything at the meeting.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
That would really get on my nerves

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
Mine came on last night after 18 days. I posted just yesterday that I wouldn't be surprised. Not gonna let it bug me. Patience, my friends, patience...

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
So no perm fix yet. COMMON FORD!!! How long can this possibly take...

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
So no perm fix yet. COMMON FORD!!! How long can this possibly take...
Don't expect Ford to be in any hurry. There isn't even a TSB out about it. They probably see it as a harmless annoyance to the customer that will get fixed when they're ready to update the software.
Sponsored