Sponsored

Mustang Ecoboost Check Engine Light

EcoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3l Mustang Ecoboost
Something is up with my 2.3 also..and Ford can't diagnose it.

I have a ticking coming from my 2.3l, Start it up in the morning loud ticking that doesn't go away till engine is nice and warmed up. Brought it to Ford they cant seem to figure out what it is, says they cant fix something they cant diagnose, said they hear it but cant fix it without a check engine light telling them exactly what it is.. they told me It would cost them $$ in the labor just to tear it apart to try to find it and they wont cover that. I will be leaving it at my own trusted mechanic next week so he can hear it on a cold start. I feel that it is related to the transmission or clutch, broken catalytic converter, anyone have any ideas about a ticking coming from that area of the car?
Sponsored

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
UPDATE: Well mine was off for 1300 miles or so with everything perfect. (Had dealer replace spark plugs and also did fuel cleaner on my own. Only running Chevron 91) CEL came back yesterday randomly after a cold start. I drove my car in all conditions for the most part, highway, city, canyons, slow, fast.

I'll be bringing this up with the Ford engineers at my meeting with them at the end of the month.
It went away today. HAHA
at this point it's just a bug that rears its head randomly.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Man that sucks dude. I was really hoping that your CEL would have stayed off with the spark plug change. Sucks. Let us know if you find out anything at the meeting.
Which dealer in Orlando are you taking your car to?

Any updates on this? My CEL just popped on last night at about 2000 miles. Going to the dealer tomorrow. Car runs good and still pulls hard. Only issue is the motor 'bumps' or 'pops' every 5 or 6 seconds when the car is cold and doing its 1200RPM warm up idle. Its a slight shudder that you can feel in the cabin but its done this since new. Goes away after its warm.

This thread was hot a month ago. Did everyone's issues go away or are you still dealing with them? I'll report back.

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
Still present. CEL is on. Goes away on its own. I was a participant for Ford's owner's event and got to mention this to the engineers directly. They're aware of it so hopefully they come out with a fix shortly.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Well turns out the code is P0300/P0301. Same as some of the others I believe. The tech can't get it to misfire (bc I don't think it is). Going to have him clear it. Get some colder plugs, clean the fuel out and add some BP 93 octane in it and see what happens.

So add me to the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sponsored

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Guard flavored
Add me to the list, CEL just came on for the second time.

1st go around, I read the manual and waited a few days, light went off. That was about a month ago. This time the light is still on... :mad:

Psci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Add me to the list. CEL has come on 4 separate times. I have 2500 miles on the vehicle.

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
Mines been on and off since 200 miles. I just ignore it. They better figure it out before I have to smog the vehicle though

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Since they cleared mine I've put a couple hundred miles on it. Hasn't come back. Put in high quality gas and a 20 gallon treatment of techron.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
Since they cleared mine I've put a couple hundred miles on it. Hasn't come back. Put in high quality gas and a 20 gallon treatment of techron.
Lol don't worry it will come back.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I know. If and when it does I'm totally selling it the same day.

/sarcasm

I'll deal w it until they come up w a fix. I love this car otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
Count me in, in Chicago. 2015 Ecoboost manual. Bought in mid April. Engine light came since 300 miles, and deal said Ford would solve this issue by the end of June.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
How was he able to confirm end of June for the fix?

transitmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 ingot premium eb pp manual
Fml! Changed the oil this evening and got the misfire CEL as well. Freaked me out cause I thought I did something wrong and then found this thread. Thinking maybe it's just a coincidence? I'm at 2100 miles

Update: welp, it went away. If it comes back I'm not going to the dealer till they have a definitive fix
Sponsored

Last edited: