MCcloud RXT or OEM clutch

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Given some of the early issues with aftermarket clutches dealing with the harmonics and crankshaft balance on the Voodoo this is something where I think you'd have to ask yourself if the gains are worth it.
Sponsored

MHW100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush Stage 3
Yes probably right.
Given some of the early issues with aftermarket clutches dealing with the harmonics and crankshaft balance on the Voodoo this is something where I think you'd have to ask yourself if the gains are worth it.
Are you suggesting that the rxt may cause engine failure?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Yes probably right.

Are you suggesting that the rxt may cause engine failure?
We have never seen a clutch cause an engine failure on one of these cars. We have installed 100s and sold thousands of these over the last 13 years or so for the coyote

MHW100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush Stage 3
We have never seen a clutch cause an engine failure on one of these cars. We have installed 100s and sold thousands of these over the last 13 years or so for the coyote
Do you mean 100s sold on the gt350?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we've probably done 150 or so gt350 clutches sold and 10 installed, never had an issue either.

Sponsored

MHW100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush Stage 3
That’s a pretty comforting number at 150. If any of those had determined to cause a failure no doubt the internet would have been pointing fingers.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
FWIW - I've had a few vendors tell me that and guess who was the first failure. 🤚

No feedback on Beefcake Racing or these particular clutches - no experience. Just sharing my experience.

If it were me, I'd only change the clutch if you've taken the gamble of adding FI to a voodoo. By then, you're deep enough down the rabbit hole you're willing to gamble anyways.

As always YMMV.

MHW100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush Stage 3
What clutch did you have an engine failure on?

The previous owner had it installed by Ford when the gen 2 was installed because he thought the oem clutch wasn’t behaving properly for whatever reason. Ford wanted an incredible price to change the oem and flywheel so he got them to instal the rxt and lighter flywheel.

I had Ford check the ecu before buying it to make sure it hadn’t been tuned so tend to believe his story.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
What clutch did you have an engine failure on?

The previous owner had it installed by Ford when the gen 2 was installed because he thought the oem clutch wasn’t behaving properly for whatever reason. Ford wanted an incredible price to change the oem and flywheel so he got them to instal the rxt and lighter flywheel.

I had Ford check the ecu before buying it to make sure it hadn’t been tuned so tend to believe his story.
Not sure if this was directed at me - but I never had a clutch-related failure. My big ones were:

Front damper/harmonic balancer, exhaust, and oil pan/pickup tubes

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
we've probably done 150 or so gt350 clutches sold and 10 installed, never had an issue either.
Are you the same "Beefcake" that was one of the 1999 SVT Cobra purchasers that posted with all of us on Blueovalnews. com regarding the missing horsepower?

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
My potato comment.. stock clutch is designed for abuse. Aftermarket clutches are not. I'd bet my paycheck you'd see more failures with aftermarket clutches than stock for the AVERAGE user.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Just to be clear. You think an oem clutch would take more then a McLeod for example that’s rated for roughly double the hp. McLeod. Hmmm.

My potato comment.. stock clutch is designed for abuse. Aftermarket clutches are not. I'd bet my paycheck you'd see more failures with aftermarket clutches than stock for the AVERAGE user.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Just to be clear. You think an oem clutch would take more then a McLeod for example that’s rated for roughly double the hp. McLeod. Hmmm.
The guy is NA. So yeah, IMO the stock clutch will outlast the McLeod.