Sponsored

Looking for that DEEP exhaust note

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Are all H Pipes created equal? I mean it's just steal welded together. Outside of construction can one H Pipe really be better than another?
Sponsored

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I don't know about the S550 but the Gt500 axleback with catless x-pipe sounded really good and deep on my 2012 GT, imo. H-pipe would have been even better. Absolutely no drone; loud but not too loud.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Are all H Pipes created equal? I mean it's just steal welded together. Outside of construction can one H Pipe really be better than another?
Not really, no. The only very slight differences would be the position of the crossover and the change in sound would be quite small. In general you want to put the crossover as far forward as possible to help with scavenging.

The angle of X-pipe convergence probably has a small effect on sound and performance, but very small to the point where it would be in the noise.

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
I had a Magnaflow Comp. on my car for about 1500 miles. The drone spot for them is about 1500-2000 at least that's where it was for me. In my opinion it has a great deep sound its just not my kind of sound. I now have the Corsa Xtreme.

Sponsored

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The more miles I put on my ARH catback the better I like it. It was quiet to me at first but I think the mufflers are burning in. Very deep tone, no drone and very little rasp.

I'm surprised they are burning in. According to the web they use chambered mufflers but they must have changed the design. When I was cleaning the tips I can look in and see perforated pipe surrounded by insulating material.

bluehorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
Im putting my flamesuit on as I type this but I wanted a louder exhaust the second (actually before) i bought my car but I wasn't prepared to pay the large amount for a cat back as it was around Christmas time and the wife would have killed me. So the day after I bought my car, I took it to a shop and had the mufflers cut out and pipes welded in.

Before everyone jumps down my throat when I say the next thing, YES I know its janky. YES there is some drone (not really that bad but it is there. I used to have a 5.0 fox with O/R X, headers, and flowmasters and it would make your voice sound robotic on the highway so that's what I determine as bad drone). And when I go to make more power, I will do a full exhaust.

That being said, I have yet to hear an exhaust that sounds as bassy or rumbly as a muffler delete *in person*. I thought it was going to be super temporary (just through the holidays) but a year later and I still see no reason at this time to buy a full exhaust yet. Im sure its not ideal for performance but it sounds pretty dang good to me.

I wouldnt remove the resonator though. Good God it's way too F'ing loud like that!

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
Say...could you please tell me about you "H" pipe set up with the FR Sport.

I have the FR Touring with the "X" pipe and I want to try it with an H pipe. I haven't figured out the best way to accomplish that though.
Yeah, I just ordered the MRT H pipe and had a shop put it on.

Sponsored

suckerv

IG: @amelias550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
I don't have much basis for comparison since I have only heard a handful of other setups, but I have the Steeda axle backs and love them so far. I'm going to be adding an h-pipe soon, so that should give it a nicer tone as well:

[ame]

MJS-P51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic Metallic
lots of good options, one of the deepest, stainless works retro catback with h pipe, we love it on our own car.

let me know what i can do for you on any brands
I'm biased because I have this setup, but the retro catback sounds so old school that I feel there is nothing better. I do get some drone, as mentioned, around 60 mph in 6th at around 2k RPMs.....once I get to 70MPH it's gone. If needed a quick downshift to 5th eliminates it completely.

That said shooting between traffic lights from 1st to 3rd sounds soooo good that it's worth the wee bit of drone that you might get at the highway speeds I described.

I get tons of compliments about how deep, throaty and old school the SW setup sounds. The only other setup I would consider would be Solo performance based on the videos i've seen/heard.

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard

Not sure why it isn't auto-embedding. Anyway, that's my exhaust when I pulled out of a U turn near an overpass. Thought it sounded pretty good.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
[ame]

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I don't have much basis for comparison since I have only heard a handful of other setups, but I have the Steeda axle backs and love them so far. I'm going to be adding an h-pipe soon, so that should give it a nicer tone as well:

It sounds good as it is I'm not sure you are going to like it once the resonantor is gone though it's going to be a lot louder and a lot raspier. Sound is a very subjective thing though.
Sponsored