Koons Baltimore Ford Mustang Appearance and Performance Packages

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I got to drive Koons Baltimore Ford's latest offering. A 2017 Mustang GT with their GT350R Appearance and Track Package. I've been talking to Koons about getting into the aftermarket scene like other dealers have been doing. With the ridiculously low prices they sell their cars for it would allow buyers to roll mods into the financing. Tom one of the sales managers and Mustang fanatic decided to partner with JPC Racing who did all the tuning and install work on this car.

The package on this car is $15,995 and includes:
Carbon Fiber Front Chin Spoiler
Carbon Fiber GT350R Replical Rear Wing
N4S Project 6GR: 19x10 & 19x11 Satin Black Wheels
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires: 285/35R19 & 325/30R19
Color Match JLT Cold Air Intake System
Hand Held Programer w/JPC Racing Custom Tuning
Ford Performance Stainless Steel Sport Exhaust with GT350 Tips and Rear Valance
Ford Performance Track Springs, Shocks & Struts along with HD Sway Bars and Links
Blacked Out Emblem Package

Having owned a 15 GT Performance Pack with Lund Tune prior to my GT350, I know what a well tuned GT should feel like. JPC did a excellent job with the tune, delivering smooth power and great throttle response. It's not a canned tune, but done through a combination of dyno and road testing by JPC. This car is conservatively rated at 475 crank HP using 93 Octane. The Ford Performance Track Suspension removed the GT PP floaty feeling and felt very composed around the turns. The Project6GR wheels and Michelin tires also contributed to the on rails feel. I was expecting the car to ride really rough, but surprisingly it didn't. The carbon fiber front splitter and rear spoiler look nice along with the GT350 rear valance and black badges. It's a very tastefully done car and kind of a Mustang version of the Camaro 1LE. Kind of funny I'm posting about this car on the same day as the more expensive and probably worse performing Shelby GT-E was announced. It's got those Shelby badges though...:D

Koons Baltimore Ford plans on offering any of these mods a la carte on any Mustang they sell. Different exhaust and power adders including Whipple, Kenny Belle and Roush superchargers along with JPC's own turbo kit. I took some pics of it in the showroom before I took it out. Don't worry I didn't drive it too hard because this example will ultimately be sold to someone! I'd love to see Matt Farah do a one take in this car if he's ever out on the east coast. It's awesome to have more alternatives instead of the typical Roush, Saleen, Hennessey or Shelby American Mustang.
I would rather simply have a base pp gt with a 6k roush supercharger on top :gossip:
Sponsored

Tom.snyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 GTPP Premium
I would rather simply have a base pp gt with a 6k roush supercharger on top :gossip:
Happy to oblige :-D! Did it last week! Guy bought one of our last GTPP 2016's and financed it at 0%!
image.jpg

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Looks great. I don't think I would want carbon fiber on a wear item like the front chin spoiler though.

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
Sad thing is that for the price of a GT Perf Pack Premium plus this kit...

You are solidly in GT350 territory.

The GT350 needs to not be a limited run. It needs to not be limited numbers.

It needs to be easier to access and for it to be common enough an ADM will not exist.

Nice car but reason I am in a GT Perf Pack Premium is because I knew it would be another year to year and half of working rediculous overtime to come up with a big down payment on a GT350. Would have loved to have tried for a GT350 but being financed on 30k and a higher interest rate would have sucked. As it stood 1 year of overtime gave me almost 50% down on my GT and I grabbed 0% financing.

Sponsored

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
Looks good but the sides of those cars are going to get rash all down the sides of them.
No joke.

Sad.

My poor stock Perf Pack in Black is doing it pretty badly on just the stock perrelis.

16RRGT

Roush Phase 1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT; 85, 69 Camaro, 2000 F350 Dsl Dually
I agree. If I had known the dealer I got my GT from was the only authorized Roush dealer in the VA area I would have went and looked at them (they have them at their other location in Richmond). I would have loved to have a stage I/II package if the price was right.
Once I found out that LFP in Lebanon, OH was doing them, I knew somebody else would be doing that around here. Took me a couple of weeks to dig one up and the closest was 60 miles or so away from Portland OR (It's bizarre that no one around any major metro area... Portland or Seattle... does that) but I got my 16 GT Premium with the Roush 1 for $44K... best car I've ever owned.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Gotta admit, that looks very nice.

Great job on putting that exterior package together.

OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
hey i remember that sitting area in the pics :p

Tom.snyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 GTPP Premium
hey i remember that sitting area in the pics :p
Send us some fresh photos of the car you bought, what you've done to it, and if you want you can PM me your name and with your permission it would be awesome to put it on our fb/instagram!

Hope everything went well when you were in here!!!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Tom and Team -

THAT looks totally killer - excellent execution and extremely tasteful modifications that don't go overboard OR make the vehicle look "tacky"!

Now, you need to do a Ruby Red.... :lol::cheers:

Keep up the good work with the Mustang line (and your Dealerships are very reputable, I hear about them across many automotive forums), that's the way to do business and keep existing customers as well as gain more.

:clap2::coolphotos:

Tom.snyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 GTPP Premium
Thanks!

We were thinking lightning blue or grabber blue with a Kenne Bell or Whipple for the next one, but maybe a ruby red one would be hot! We gotta sell this one first and do it quickly so the rest of the team gets jacked up about building another.

I can only vouch for the Baltimore store because even though Mr. Koons has us all under the umbrella but day to day operations are done in house! I cringe everytime I hear about a potential snafu at another one of our stores. Good thing is that if there is any, they are few and far between. We really do want happy customers and good reputation/online presence. Ultimately, you sell more (repeat) customers when someone leaves happy. If a customer ever leaves unhappy, it's on us and no one else regardless what transpired.

TBH - There's a lot of opinions on the forum and everyone is entitled to them for sure but it's totally awesome seeing a good amount of positive feedback. You can bet your sweet a$$ we are listening, watching, and will adjust whenever/wherever possible! Whether it's on day to day operations or on how we decide to modify the next stock unit, we just wanna get better!