Not open for further replies.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Yeah that's kinda what I'm waiting for, I want to see how it performs on daily driven cars and then I'll make my decision between the three it's not that much cheaper if you incorporate all the other parts you have to buy seperately but it is cheaper overall. One questions have is about the wastegate actuator? Not really understanding what it's for or why we should upgrade it. And why do they only offer up to 10psi
Well most of us had full bolt ons before most of these kits came out so that's why some of us went with the vargas.
Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Joe stang you plan on doing any suspension mods?
Just lowering springs and a strut tower brace. That's all for me. My car will be more of a street car then a track car.

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I decided to do some non-scientific analysis on this post. From Glenn's original post, you can see OP gives it full gas at the 0:38 mark, where the speedo on the bottom left reads 176kph. This full acceleration seems to be sustained till the 0:58 mark, where the speedo reads 247kph.

So he did a pull from 176kph to 247kph in 20s. Or 109mph to 153.5mph in 20s for us imperial folk. Now the video posted below is Hennessey doing baseline testing for their GT350. They hit 109mph at the 0:20 mark and hit 154mph at the 0:34 mark.

So the GT350 does 109mph to 154mph in 14 seconds.

[ame]

Altitude of SaarbrĂĽcken is around 660ft, while altitude of Hennessey HQ is around 200ft (not sure where they tested the GT350 though.. probably somewhere in Texas). From these findings I'd lean towards the side that says the GT350 didn't really floor it until a few seconds after the OP floored his ecoboost. But I admit doing video analysis in this way is not scientific nor can it prove or disprove anything.

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
What in the hell are you talking about. Stop whining, it's been 2 days since I posted in this thread now. You must be incredibly butthurt to have written a book over this, I didn't even bother reading all of it. I'll put my opinions where I feel like on this forum and you can continue to read them and weep
Yeah, reading is hard huh.

Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I come in here to read what's going on sometimes. It's funny.
You'll never go to the 5.0 section and read about the drivers talking about beating gt350 or Ecoboosts. So my question to you Eco owners is, why the butt hurt?
You guys are like the Honda Civic drivers out here in Cali. See a faster car next to you and you have to rev your engine and drive fast and aggressive to prove something.
Just be happy with your purchase.

Reactions: kz

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I come in here to read what's going on sometimes. It's funny.
You'll never go to the 5.0 section and read about the drivers talking about beating gt350 or Ecoboosts. So my question to you Eco owners is, why the butt hurt?
You guys are like the Honda Civic drivers out here in Cali. See a faster car next to you and you have to rev your engine and drive fast and aggressive to prove something.
Just be happy with your purchase.
Because some Eco owners have a problem when a 5.0 guy comes into this section. It's pretty childish if you ask me.

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Because some Eco owners have a problem when a 5.0 guy comes into this section. It's pretty childish if you ask me.
This is all just silly ego stuff. Some of the 5.0 guys think they are top dog because their car is quicker than an EBM...got news for you...there is always a faster car. The EBM is nice, the 5.0L is faster...but so are Corvettes, Audi's, Porche's, Aston-Martin's....and the list goes on and on. Who cares? Trolling through stop and go it does not matter.

If someone needs validation of their purchase / modification decisions by bashing someone else's then there are some core maturity issues that need to be worked on. Conversely, if someone gets jabbed by someone else on their purchase / modification decisions and that is some sort of a major personal issue then there are maturity issues on that end as well.

I am not one of those people that believe a little ribbing should not go on (heck, I instigate all sorts of things at work, with the family, and even rude strangers) but it really should be kept fun and not taken so seriously. On the other hand if someone wants to get in my face then they should expect to be harassed and should not be so shocked or put out of place.

Last Fall I was approached in a parking lot of a store by a guy and his GF...'nice car man, but really, a 4 cylinder? You should have gotten the V8...that was so dumb.' My response...'yup, and your GF should have found a smarter and better looking boyfriend.' The guy got all pissy and wanted to fight.

Now a much more fun way to deal with 5.0L Mustang guys that laugh about the EBM is to challenge them to a race...they pick the starting point and you get to pick the end. Wait for them to say 'right out here on the street' and then you pick an ending place, oh, say 400 miles away... :clap2:

Much more dramatic when the Honda race bike guy kept challenging me with my BMW sport touring bike to a race...called me old, called me dumb, called me other unmentionables. I finally agreed...he picked out on the road in front of the building and I picked downtown Miami...1200 miles away. He cried fowl because he had a 1 gallon tank. I have 6 gallons and a pretty darn fast bike... He never bothered me again.

Last edited:

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
This is all just silly ego stuff. The 5.0 guys think they are top dog because their car is quicker than an EBM...got news for you...there is always a faster car. The EBM is nice, the 5.0L is faster...but so are Corvettes, Audi's, Porche's, Aston-Martin's....and the list goes on and on. Who cares? Trolling through stop and go it does not matter.

If someone needs validation of their purchase / modification decisions by bashing someone else's then there are some core maturity issues that need to be worked on. Conversely, if someone gets jabbed by someone else on their purchase / modification decisions and that is some sort of a major personal issue then there are maturity issues on that end as well.

I am not one of those people that believe a little ribbing should not go on (heck, I instigate all sorts of things at work, with the family, and even rude strangers) but it really should be kept fun and not taken so seriously. On the other hand if someone wants to get in my face then they should expect to be harassed and should not be so shocked or put out of place.

Last Fall I was approached in a parking lot of a store by a guy and his GF...'nice car man, but really, a 4 cylinder? You should have gotten the V8...that was so dumb.' My response...'yup, and your GF should have found a smarter and better looking boyfriend.' The guy got all pissy and wanted to fight.

Now a much more fun way to deal with 5.0L Mustang guys that laugh about the EBM is to challenge them to a race...they pick the starting point and you get to pick the end. Wait for them to say 'right out here on the street' and then you pick an ending place, oh, say 400 miles away... :clap2:

Much more dramatic when the Honda race bike guy kept challenging me with my BMW sport touring bike to a race...called me old, called me dumb, called me other unmentionables. I finally agreed...he picked out on the road in front of the building and I picked downtown Miami...1200 miles away. He cried fowl because he had a 1 gallon tank. I have 6 gallons and a pretty darn fast bike... He never bothered me again.
Or just ask them why they didn't get the GT350.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Well picked a fight I couldn't win! This was no normal E92 M3!
[ame]
Working with Adam [MENTION=19118]Tune+[/MENTION] now, Got a full tank of E30 in the car now. Next time the car will be empty and the girlfriend is staying home:thumbsup:

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
It didn't look that bad to me. He pulled away, very slowly. I wish I had access to the autobahn, I'm working on a '71 datsun z that would be a lot of fun with the right gearing.

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
It didn't look that bad to me. He pulled away, very slowly. I wish I had access to the autobahn, I'm working on a '71 datsun z that would be a lot of fun with the right gearing.
You are right he couldn't get away fast, but a win is a win. I'll take a loss to getting blueballed any day.

The last E92 I found on the autobahn, I walked worse than this one walked me. I wish I could have taken a look under the hood, it sounded mean as hell!

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
For Your viewing pleasure, me against a stock GT from inside the GT.
I started behind him and had to wait for my opportunity to go. My Buddy Patrick was a good sport about it and posted the video on our group private page. He was also wot.

For you to pull THAT hard on a stock GT from a roll your car would have to be able to trap 130+ mph in the 1/4mile :crazy:
So you're saying you can take on supercharged coyote's as well?

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
For you to pull THAT hard on a stock GT from a roll your car would have to be able to trap 130+ mph in the 1/4mile :crazy:
So you're saying you can take on supercharged coyote's as well?
No I'm just saying this the video that the guy posted up and that is what happened. His exact words were "I got my ass kicked". Maybe he let off, though I don't know why he would have and then posted, Maybe his is not running right?

There is a fair amount of butthurt from the GT owners in my Facebook Club who were not there, Not as much as here mind you, but still significant. We will do a run against a stock GT soon. though honestly, no matter what happens, people on here will don the tinfoil hats and start doing napkin math to prove it was fake.

I'm pretty much done on this forum anyways, An EB owner can't even post a god dammed video with god dammed GPS on it and get any thing other than shit from GT owners.

Will a Supercharged GT kick my ass? Absolutely, do I have $14 to $21K in mods, No! because that is what the price difference is.

I am barely at the cost of a Performance Pack base ecoboost. (mine is a non pp) The only thing I am out to prove is how badly Ford neuters this car to keep people happy. Anything else you think I'm saying or implying is in your head.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.