Sponsored

How long before we see some specs & prices?

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
More power to those who snatched up 2014s as I've said I love the 13-14 version of the s197....that said 'you crazy'! I guess some of you aren't into having the newest toy on the block and that's all good, but if I had the loot I'd be one of the first ones driving a 2015 GT....I'm also skeptical it will be selling for much over msrp....but well see.

nyyankees2589

Threads
Reaction score
Hahaha had to be done. Lets not forget we're all here because we love mustangs. We all have opinions on how many cylinders or horses it should have and which year is best, but they're all mustang nonetheless. Thats all that matters.

With that said... please just tell me how much its going to cost me Ford!

Sponsored

nyyankees2589

Threads
Reaction score
More power to those who snatched up 2014s as I've said I love the 13-14 version of the s197....that said 'you crazy'! I guess some of you aren't into having the newest toy on the block and that's all good, but if I had the loot I'd be one of the first ones driving a 2015 GT....I'm also skeptical it will be selling for much over msrp....but well see.
I agree. I loved that car for 10 years and I still do. Its funny how quickly it seems to be not good enough when thats clearly not the case. I think I'm just a sucker for the marketing, but when I have my 2015 I sure as hell wont be turning my nose at 14s as im sad to see them go. I wish they could make both.

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
The way I understand it not everyone qualifies for X-plan though? Please correct me if I am wrong.
Everyone does, you just need to be in Mustang club for 6 months (although some have been able to do it right away allegedly).
There are certainly dealers who are doing X-plan on the S550.

Tony--I'm assuming the US prices will be much lower, right? Those seem awfully high.

Sponsored

Dosia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Everyone does, you just need to be in Mustang club for 6 months (although some have been able to do it right away allegedly).

Tony--I'm assuming the US prices will be much lower, right? Those seem awfully high.
I would hope so. The Canadian GT premium converts to 39k US Dollars. I hope the increase isn't that much from 14 to 15.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I would hope so. The Canadian GT premium converts to 39k US Dollars. I hope the increase isn't that much from 14 to 15.
Yes, I also assume it's not a 1-for-1 straight extrapolation. The Canada prices are likely higher because of the volume differences between the US and there. I have some previous prices from 2013 so if I knew the conversion rate from back then, I could probably validate this is the case.

Holyfenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

Gotcha. Typically Canadian vehicle prices are more than US prices. Smaller number of vehicles produced for them so price per unit is more. Don't worry about conversion rates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PsyopGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commuter cars
I just think there is a lot of guessing and assuming by people getting ready to purchase the new car. Honestly the IRS is cool and while I like road racing a lot I love drag racing (mostly cause I'm spoiled and there is a 1/4 track 20 minutes away) and the live axle just does that better. Also I know my Mustang is way more comfortable on regular roads than I was expecting so I think the switch to IRS is just a bit overblown, though better for inexperienced drivers who are maybe thrown into a unseen bad situation, I just don't know if the extra cost (presumed) will be worth it. I love my new car, so when someone starts attacking it I think its natural to get a bit defensive, that being said I'm sure I will be slightly jealous everytime I see an S550.

I really do hope the new Stang is as bad@$$ as Ford is making it sound though, Like someone else mentioned I will probably buy one after the MY refresh.
You just made a big purchase and I think you're doing what a lot of people do, which is continuing to sell yourself after-the-fact.

You got a great deal on a great car, and other people are going to pay more for a better car. I think neither choice is wrong unless you're one of the select few for whom money isn't an issue.

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
Anyone else getting skeptical on the weight of the car? With all the suspension innovation and whatnot, you would think we would here something about that. All I've heard is Dave P saying they hit there weight targets.
Sponsored