Sponsored

How long before we see some specs & prices?

nyyankees2589

Threads
Reaction score
Its funny, I dont think most realize how much I (and im sure others) take every post on this site into consideration. Its a big purchase for me and every mustang enthusiast's opinion helps especially when Ford itself isnt quite giving me enough to go on.
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Do you think? And thanks, I'm sure ill be more than happy either way, but do I want a bare bones gt or eco with the bells and whistles? I can't determine what I consider to be a better value. Its almost a coin toss tbh. Coming from an 03 gt they're both an upgrade in the power department
This is the way I view your choice - solid power with many "delight" features or bigger power with less features. The weight balance will make that EcoBoost nimble. It will look great and you'll get a lot nice interior content. However, if you like the bigger power, no doubts you will enjoy the 5.0L.

HanShadow

Threads
Reaction score
The only thing that we don't officially have are the base car prices themselves (and the upcharge for the highest level interior with the memory seats). There's other information out there in the order guides, including the most of the option prices that were posted early a few weeks ago. If you want that, take a look here.
Base price. HP. Torque. Weight. That is significant information to be lacking when I'm talking about putting money down and ordering in 4 days. I'm a pretty patient person, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
Looking back over my purchase history since 1987, I'd say that happened at least one other time - when the 2003 Mach 1 was being released. Those tricky Ford people :)

Actually, for prices, this doesn't seem too unusual, although the Canadian customers got their information today.

The HP, weight, etc., etc. - I think the media people are really trying to play it to the hilt for competitive advantage or to keep the fever burning. Based on some of the posts here, I'd say that's happening!

Interesting on the Mach 1.

On the fever burning still, I think that is more about the awesomeness of the S550. I never EVER woulda considered a Mustang besides a classic until I saw this new design + IRS. Was a BMW guy for my fun cars.

I don't think the weight/hp being held back is stoking the fever much anymore. There have been a lot of threads about those two things, but not so much lately. They really better release the info on the 20th, I don't get how they can take orders without telling us the goods.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Base price. HP. Torque. Weight. That is significant information to be lacking when I'm talking about putting money down and ordering in 4 days. I'm a pretty patient person, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.
Yeah, I hear ya, but other than our own excitement of ordering on the first day, I think those of us who have followed the details have reasonably good ideas of what to expect. I keep in mind that even if I knew everything, I still will likely have to wait 4-5 more months before this even shows up.

Of course, the weight might be the biggest thing that could throw us off if it were significantly more than today's cars.

I plan to put my order in next Tuesday and remain optimistic on all fronts. While I don't know why this information isn't available yet and find it maddening :rant:, I've taken that energy and turned it into the little daily pleasure of reading stuff here, going back and looking over photos, thinking about what to do on the day I get it, etc.

Patience is a virtue, right? Er, sometimes, maybe not!

Hurry up Ford people!!!! :D

Sponsored

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Frustration is getting more intense, I can't believe less than 24 hours to go we have nothing as far as H.P,weight etc

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Frustration is getting more intense, I can't believe less than 24 hours to go we have nothing as far as H.P,weight etc
Ford is being smart, they are trying to sell as many 2014's as they can. Patience........

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Not sure what calendar Ford uses, but according to mine its been longer than 3-4 weeks from when they said they'd release specs.

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Not to be a pessimist here but at this point I really have a hard time believing that we will have the ability to start ordering our cars tomorrow. I am on the list at a few local dealers (First on both lists) who just like all of us are trying to get any bit of information they can on a daily basis.

They both promised me a call (With a date) as soon as it is possible to order. Even if they didn't have a solid date they would at least update me and give me some kind of timeframe. Needless to say my phone has been very quiet lately....especially today. Besides that if tomorrow truly is the day (and I really hope it is!) would Ford really be this quiet on Pricing, Weight, HP Numbers....etc literally right up to the last second?

I know we have all beat this horse to dust so I apologize for beating it a little more but this really has me baffled.....:tsk:

Sponsored

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Hopefully it is a sales tactic and nothing else. I get they need to rid as many 14's as possible but with the savings on the 14's currently, I am not sure how many people who aren't into the 15's looks etc would be swayed anyhow. Just saying

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Not sure what calendar Ford uses, but according to mine its been longer than 3-4 weeks from when they said they'd release specs.
Yep that 4 weeks is pretty much by tomorrow or someone lied.

5.0mg

Threads
Reaction score
Ford is being smart, they are trying to sell as many 2014's as they can. Patience........
As frustrated /angry I am with the lack of any important info the logical and optimistic reasoning would be that if it is a significant hp bump they would delay as long as possible not to tamper with 14 sales if it was a small bump 10-15 I would think they would have released this info sooner. Who knows maybe they have been having troubles dialing in a final ecu specs to achieve the correct power/reliability ratio :shrug:

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
Yep that 4 weeks is pretty much by tomorrow or someone lied.
Actually, that day already past.

It was reported here by JarStang on 5/18/14 when attending an event at the Unisphere in Flushing Meadows Park in Queens, NY that... "Official specs will be released within the next 3 to 4 weeks."

Which in turn means we should have heard something by last Friday 5/16/14.

They are now 3 days late and counting. Not that I'm in a hurry or anything but I am looking forward to it...

:ford:

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Gentlemen,

A Ford Marketing Director is one cog in a very big machine. He does not call all of the shots. Nor can he predict any potential delays between then and now.

I can tell you based on the audio recording we have from the conversation with Mr. Principato that his answer was not canned. He took a moment to think and estimated the time frame based on what he knows.

I know it is difficult, but let's be patient and have faith that there are good reasons Ford has not released this info yet.
Sponsored