GT350R - Canadian Availability?

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I am totally confused by your post?

Here we have a young Mustang enthusiast who wants an R model and looks as though he has a chance to secure one of these great cars at MSRP and you are suggesting that he move onto a GT350 instead of the R model?

Just obtaining an R model at MSRP in it self is a good investment compared to a GT350 let alone the most important part being that the R model is a better performer and being a limited edition automobile.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your post or missing something here but in any event I think that this young enthusiast is on the right track.
I read his 1st few posts and he said that he just missed one at MSRP. I didn't see him saying he had one he could order at MSRP. If I missed something then my apologies, but if he finds an R at sticker he'll be in a vanishingly small group of people.

Edit: I see that I missed post #19 where he says that he may be able to get one at MSRP from someone. Best of luck to him.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I read his 1st few posts and he said that he just missed one at MSRP. I didn't see him saying he had one he could order at MSRP. If I missed something then my apologies, but if he finds an R at sticker he'll be in a vanishingly small group of people.
The one that was local to me that just sold for MSRP was already pre-sold before it got here; I only learned of it even coming in when it showed up at the dealer, and my salesman asked me if I wanted to try the Recaro seats out. The guy who bought the car is from Ottawa and may have had his deposit on the vehicle for god knows how long.

I am also aware that I will be in the extreme minority if I can secure an R at this point for MSRP, but thus far, it seems very likely. According to one manager, I am the only name in for one at the moment, and this I will confirm with the head manager on Tuesday. I can understand your doubt, I myself only decided that I would look for an R rather than a 350 within the last few days... after searching online and seeing a few listed at $149,000, I honestly thought there would be no hope and basically thought I would be ordering a 350.

Lone behold, an opportunity came by on behalf of a great member on here, and this is what I am currently working with/waiting on. If it all pans out, I know that it will be a phenomenal deal and will count myself extraordinarily lucky!

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I will stop in Tuesday and see sales manager.
But I do believe the car is already ordered and past changing it point.
If it could have been changed, I would have ordered it LOL.

OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I will stop in Tuesday and see sales manager.
But I do believe the car is already ordered and past changing it point.
If it could have been changed, I would have ordered it LOL.
Do you have any idea the colour of the stripes?? On a black car, as long as they are not blue :D

I can live with the white stripes, would love black though. Any idea if they are getting more than 1?

Don't dare change your mind TR, that one is mine LOL :D

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Do you have any idea the colour of the stripes?? On a black car, as long as they are not blue :D

I can live with the white stripes, would love black though. Any idea if they are getting more than 1?

They have 3 coming, last I checked 2 are already sold.
3rd, on was Black with Matt black stripes, best I can remember.
As for other details, I have no idea.
It was due to be built, this month and last I looked its
status was Scheduled clean, which means very close to production.

Your safe, I said if they can get a 4th, I would take it ( highly unlikely)
Then I could order to spec.

Sponsored

OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
They have 3 coming, last I checked 2 are already sold.
3rd, on was Black with Matt black stripes, best I can remember.
As for other details, I have no idea.
It was due to be built, this month and last I looked its
status was Scheduled clean, which means very close to production.

Your safe, I said if they can get a 4th, I would take it ( highly unlikely)
Then I could order to spec.
Thank you so much for the details man!! Black with matte stripes would have been my first choice :D :D :D

Really hoping that the manager will confirm that in two days time, I am so excited haha when I come over to get the car, if you're in the relative area I owe you a coffee at the least TR! :D

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Now what is wrong with Blue stripes on a GT350/GT350R especially on a Black or Red car?:paddle::D

Not only do I think that my Black/Blue stripe option looks good but it is the only 2015 GT350 Track Pack car in that color combination which is kind of cool as well.

Whatever color you choose/get it will be a great color!

:cheers:
DSCF1584.jpg

OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Now what is wrong with Blue stripes on a GT350/GT350R especially on a Black or Red car?:paddle::D

Not only do I think that my Black/Blue stripe option looks good but it is the only 2015 GT350 Track Pack car in that color combination which is kind of cool as well.

Whatever color you choose/get it will be a great color!

:cheers:
Retreat retreat I take it back :D

It looks better in that picture than it does in the build configurator! Having a 1 of 1 like that for a 2015 is amazing man, that's awesome!

I do think it looks pretty decent there, just not my favourite combination haha black on black I think is by far the most aggressive looking, with the white stripes lending more of a Motorsports theme IMO.

Absolutely agree, it could be hot pink and I'm sure I would forget all about it once I hit the start button :D

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Blue looks nice, but it would be lightning blue this year which is a shade lighter. I like the white stripes on the black personally but the matte hold up better to scratches. Enjoy!!

OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Blue looks nice, but it would be lightning blue this year which is a shade lighter. I like the white stripes on the black personally but the matte hold up better to scratches. Enjoy!!
The matte stripes are definitely my favourite on black; I am trying to figure out what to do about paint protection film now though. Would it be best to just cover the whole car, lose the full matte look but have them covered and safe, or just do the paint areas and retain the awesome contrast, but leave the stripes susceptible to damage :-/

I know I'm getting ahead of myself a little here, but I can't help it I'm too dam excited :D

Suggestions regarding the clear bra and how to protect the stripes or any advice welcomed :thumbsup:

Sponsored

RMOORE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R JR428 , 2008 911S cab
Hi Justin
Just to let you know I'm one of the St.John's buyers of the 2017 GT350R on order, but in order to get an 2017 R at MSRP + a $500 SVT dealer fee. I'm trading in my 2016 GT350 magnetic with white strip.
I missed the 2 - 2016 GT350R allocation at Avalon Ford in Feb and they sold with extra $10,000 markup.

R

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The matte stripes are definitely my favourite on black; I am trying to figure out what to do about paint protection film now though. Would it be best to just cover the whole car, lose the full matte look but have them covered and safe, or just do the paint areas and retain the awesome contrast, but leave the stripes susceptible to damage :-/

I know I'm getting ahead of myself a little here, but I can't help it I'm too dam excited :D

Suggestions regarding the clear bra and how to protect the stripes or any advice welcomed :thumbsup:
Each to their own but being an old school guy I have chosen to just leave "GR107" as is and will not cover the front area of any part of my car with some sort of protection film.

My son received this car back in April for me and I have not seen the car since it arrived but will be with my son a week or so from now and will be driving the crap out of my R model for a week or so once I arrive.

"GR107" is a base 920A car without the Electronics Package and from what I can tell it is 1 of 9 base R models built for the 2016MY for Canada and 1 of 1 in that color combination.

It is Shadow Black with Black Matte stripes and I intend to drive the car just as it is and if I get a few paint chips etc. that will just be part of the patina of the car.

Just as you were concerned with the Cup 2 tires I would not get too concerned about the paint protection film at this time but certainly understand your concerns.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Im covering mine, but its not recommended to cover the matte stripes. In your case, i'd just do the cowl, the hood, roof line behind front quarters and sides up to rears and behind rears, mirrors and entry. They have a kit for the car. Leave them off the stripe. You can always touch up the stripes with a matte black acrylic paint or something. I put 4k miles on my gt500/year and put around 13k on it before i got a nick in the matte stripe. It holds up well....unless your driving behind gravel trucks. ;)
Enjoy it man!

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
Im covering mine, but its not recommended to cover the matte stripes. In your case, i'd just do the cowl, the hood, roof line behind front quarters and sides up to rears and behind rears, mirrors and entry. They have a kit for the car. Leave them off the stripe. You can always touch up the stripes with a matte black acrylic paint or something. I put 4k miles on my gt500/year and put around 13k on it before i got a nick in the matte stripe. It holds up well....unless your driving behind gravel trucks. ;)
Enjoy it man!
Out of curiosity, why is it not recommended to cover the stripes? What are you using? 3M? Xpel? Something else?

OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Hi Justin
Just to let you know I'm one of the St.John's buyers of the 2017 GT350R on order, but in order to get an 2017 R at MSRP + a $500 SVT dealer fee. I'm trading in my 2016 GT350 magnetic with white strip.
I missed the 2 - 2016 GT350R allocation at Avalon Ford in Feb and they sold with extra $10,000 markup.

R
Hey there,

Assuming then that you are the gentleman from Ottawa who picked up the black R with white stripes? :D

Beautiful car, got to see it in person. I know my salesman said that the last one sold at MSRP, but I was not aware the first two sold with markup. I am still hopeful, one of two managers at this dealership told me they never sell above sticker, so I am holding onto that hope haha I am also trading an AMG Mercedes on this as well, so perhaps they may be more lenient since they can get two sales out of me.

Details will all be confirmed by tomorrow though, till then I'll anxiously wait and cross my fingers :D
Sponsored