GT350R - Canadian Availability?

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Fraser Ford in Oshawa has a 350R that just came in. White with OTT black stripes. I was over looking at it today. They want $120,000 for it. Last year they sold their 3 Rs for between $140,000 and $150,000. I wasn't sure about the combo looking at the pics on their website but it looks good in person. Funny, 2 racks up was an older Shelby.
That's a very clever racking system. I've never seen that before.
Sponsored

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
That's a very clever racking system. I've never seen that before.
I haven't counted the the number of bays lengthwise but it has to be at least 10 bays wide by 4 bays high. And of course the Shelbys are always up off the ground :)

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Hey guys/girls,

I know this may be a long shot, but does anyone happen to know of any GT350Rs that can be had for MSRP in Canada? My local dealer only had 3 allocations, and the third one sold to a guy who flew in from Ottawa to get it :frusty:

Looking at the bi-weekly payments between the 350 and 350R, the difference is only around $85 extra for the R model and I feel that this may be worth it in the long run for the exclusivity, carbon wheels/spoiler, and the other small differences between the two.

Anyone "know" a dealer or have a family salesman that they might be able to point me too? I am located in Newfoundland, but with my work, I can fly anywhere in Canada for free every 2 weeks, so I am thinking that I could go as far as Ontario, possibly even Manitoba and make a road trip home if i had too.

I know I'm kind of late to the game to be looking at an R, but I am heavily considering it, and if I can get one for MSRP, the fiancee has given me the approval to go for the bit extra :D:D:D

Thanks,

Justin
Justin, even though you are late into the game I suggest that you are either serious or not about a 2017 R model and don't give us this deal that you are heavily condsidering an R model at MSRP!

If your are serious about an R model please let us know and we will see what we can do?

I ordered a 2016 R model and a 2017 R model early in the game and paid an ADM of $7,500 on the 2016 R model and paid MSRP on the 2017 R model and was fortunate to get a 2015 GT350 at MSRP after significant negotations.

From my standpoint it is a no brainer to order a 2017 R model subject to a reasonable ADM.

Good luck going forward!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Justin, even though you are late into the game I suggest that you are either serious or not about a 2017 R model and don't give us this deal that you are heavily condsidering an R model at MSRP!

If your are serious about an R model please let us know and we will see what we can do?

I ordered a 2016 R model and a 2017 R model early in the game and paid an ADM of $7,500 on the 2016 R model and paid MSRP on the 2017 R model and was fortunate to get a 2015 GT350 at MSRP after significant negotations.

From my standpoint it is a no brainer to order a 2017 R model subject to a reasonable ADM.

Good luck going forward!

Hey man,

Completely understand what you mean, and after debating the different options with my fiancée, we have decided to go for a 17' R! It appears as though I may be able get one at MSRP thanks to [MENTION=11655]ohtobbad[/MENTION], details will be confirmed over the next couple of days!

Unfortunately paying an ADM is not an option for me, I can stretch the extra bit to go from the 350 to the R, but with an ADM on top of MSRP, it would just become fiscally unviable. Sure I could still afford the payments, I could probably afford the payments on a 911 Turbo, but doesn't mean I should :D

End of the day I am only 25 years old, so while I can certainly afford the car at MSRP, I have to fiscally responsible. Any significant ADMs and it just doesn't become a real option for me. So if I can get this one at MSRP or very, very close to, I will 100% be buying it. Not sure if I will get a choice of colour yet though, so I'll have to wait to find out all the details before I comment here further :thumbsup:

Justin

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
The one thing you may want to consider with the R is the tires.
I am at 7300 KM and they are about 40to 50% wore out.
That means at the very least another set next spring.
A set of Sport cup 2's are $2200 US, by the time you land them here
you are looking at $3000 Can. installed.
Along with other consumables, with are quite reasonable on this car IMO.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Hey man,

Completely understand what you mean, and after debating the different options with my fiancée, we have decided to go for a 17' R! It appears as though I may be able get one at MSRP thanks to @ohtobbad , details will be confirmed over the next couple of days!

Unfortunately paying an ADM is not an option for me, I can stretch the extra bit to go from the 350 to the R, but with an ADM on top of MSRP, it would just become fiscally unviable. Sure I could still afford the payments, I could probably afford the payments on a 911 Turbo, but doesn't mean I should :D

End of the day I am only 25 years old, so while I can certainly afford the car at MSRP, I have to fiscally responsible. Any significant ADMs and it just doesn't become a real option for me. So if I can get this one at MSRP or very, very close to, I will 100% be buying it. Not sure if I will get a choice of colour yet though, so I'll have to wait to find out all the details before I comment here further :thumbsup:

Justin
Outstanding and very happy to hear about your decision with respect to going forward on the R and can certainly comprehend your personal situation.

I like your sense of responsibility at your young age but if TR can help you obtain an R model at MSRP that would be absolutely terrific.

You are in very good hands and I hope that this will work out for you.

Good luck and keep us all posted as to how you make out!!

:cheers:

OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
The one thing you may want to consider with the R is the tires.
I am at 7300 KM and they are about 40to 50% wore out.
That means at the very least another set next spring.
A set of Sport cup 2's are $2200 US, by the time you land them here
you are looking at $3000 Can. installed.
Along with other consumables, with are quite reasonable on this car IMO.
Yeah for sure, definitely understand that tire costs are higher than with the normal 350. The one positive thing for me, is that I work away on rotation for two weeks at a time, with a one week off on turnaround. Since I live in Newfoundland where our weather is mediocre, I don't see being able to put more than 2500-3000 km's on it per year.

I imagine that once the Cup 2's wear out the first time, I will probably replace them with Super Sports; I believe you can get a 325/30/19 for the rear, with the same 305 size as stock up front. Should get better wear, and since there are no race tracks here, I don't think I'll notice a huge difference in street driving.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Yeah for sure, definitely understand that tire costs are higher than with the normal 350. The one positive thing for me, is that I work away on rotation for two weeks at a time, with a one week off on turnaround. Since I live in Newfoundland where our weather is mediocre, I don't see being able to put more than 2500-3000 km's on it per year.

I imagine that once the Cup 2's wear out the first time, I will probably replace them with Super Sports; I believe you can get a 325/30/19 for the rear, with the same 305 size as stock up front. Should get better wear, and since there are no race tracks here, I don't think I'll notice a huge difference in street driving.
Personally I wouldn't, they are designed and engineered for this car.
I thought about all of these scenarios and feel if you get the R,
Then running proper tires and other options is only way to go.
Or go to gt350 which doesn't have quite as expensive sneakers.
just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Personally I wouldn't, they are designed and engineered for this car.
I thought about all of these scenarios and feel if you get the R,
Then running proper tires and other options is only way to go.
Or go to gt350 which doesn't have quite as expensive sneakers.
just my 2 cents.
As an engineer myself I would typically completely agree with you, but do you think that for purely street use/cruising that the Cup 2's would be necessary? I know that the suspension calibration and thicker sway bars, etc. are all based on the stickier tires, but if I am never going to come anywhere close to the cars limits, you would still recommend the Cup tires as opposed to a set of Super Sports?

TR I believe you mentioned that you were having your car done with paint protection film as well, could you PM me where you had your work done and what they did for your matte black stripes/how satisfied you were with the work they did? When I pick up the car (as long as they do indeed have an available allocation for me) I will be looking to have the entire car covered in a protective film before driving back across the island.

Cheers man!

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
As an engineer myself I would typically completely agree with you, but do you think that for purely street use/cruising that the Cup 2's would be necessary? I know that the suspension calibration and thicker sway bars, etc. are all based on the stickier tires, but if I am never going to come anywhere close to the cars limits, you would still recommend the Cup tires as opposed to a set of Super Sports?

TR I believe you mentioned that you were having your car done with paint protection film as well, could you PM me where you had your work done and what they did for your matte black stripes/how satisfied you were with the work they did? When I pick up the car (as long as they do indeed have an available allocation for me) I will be looking to have the entire car covered in a protective film before driving back across the island.

Cheers man!
I used opti coat, quite good and expensive, but does not protect it from chips.
Not sure if anyone here does quality expel. its one of my personally pet peeves with the car, I believe the paint is soft. Here on the east coast, not sure of any great solution.

Personally, on the R, I would run it as it came or buy a track pack Gt350

Sponsored
OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I used opti coat, quite good and expensive, but does not protect it from chips.
Not sure if anyone here does quality expel. its one of my personally pet peeves with the car, I believe the paint is soft. Here on the east coast, not sure of any great solution.

Personally, on the R, I would run it as it came or buy a track pack Gt350
Found a qualified Xpel installer in Moncton, so that may be an option! I feel ya, I would definitely like to do without it, but with all the posts I've seen on here regarding soft paint, I think it's almost necessary.

Besides that, my AMG now is black, and while I love it, it shows swirl marks and imperfections like no other colour... I want to have the film installed the moment I get the car so that I don't have to worry about it haha

Going to call them once I get final details on the R to get a quote on having the full car wrapped and see what options they have for the matte stripes (if the car is coming with black stripes).

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Justin, at this point I would not get too caught up on any tire issues (Cup 2 tires) for an R model especially based on you only planning to put on only ~1500 to ~1800 miles per year.

Unless you will be tracking your car on a regular basis I suggest that you will get 3 years and maybe 4 years of use out of the OEM Cup 2 tires therefore that is something that you can deal with down the road.

From my standpoint I suggest that you focus your efforts on securing this 2017 R model after which time once you have the car and enjoying all that it offers then a few years down the road you can then address the tire issue.

Keep us posted as to what your intentions are and if in fact that TR is able to help you with an R allocation please let us know how that is all proceeding?

;)

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
JMHO, but the R cars are of such limited production and such high demand that I don't think your stated goals are achievable. So...

Read this: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59490

Then find a '17 GT350 at a good price and be happy.
I am totally confused by your post?

Here we have a young Mustang enthusiast who wants an R model and looks as though he has a chance to secure one of these great cars at MSRP and you are suggesting that he move onto a GT350 instead of the R model?

Just obtaining an R model at MSRP in it self is a good investment compared to a GT350 let alone the most important part being that the R model is a better performer and being a limited edition automobile.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your post or missing something here but in any event I think that this young enthusiast is on the right track.

With respect to the other party suggesting that there is not that much difference between a GT350 and the GT350R, I respect that persons opinion but I certainly do not see it that way and I have a lot of fellow car buddies that agree with me that there is a significant difference between the two cars.

OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Justin, at this point I would not get too caught up on any tire issues (Cup 2 tires) for an R model especially based on you only planning to put on only ~1500 to ~1800 miles per year.

Unless you will be tracking your car on a regular basis I suggest that you will get 3 years and maybe 4 years of use out of the OEM Cup 2 tires therefore that is something that you can deal with down the road.

From my standpoint I suggest that you focus your efforts on securing this 2017 R model after which time once you have the car and enjoying all that it offers then a few years down the road you can then address the tire issue.

Keep us posted as to what your intentions are and if in fact that TR is able to help you with an R allocation please let us know how that is all proceeding?

;)
I am totally confused by your post?

Here we have a young Mustang enthusiast who wants an R model and looks as though he has a chance to secure one of these great cars at MSRP and you are suggesting that he move onto a GT350 instead of the R model?

Just obtaining an R model at MSRP in it self is a good investment compared to a GT350 let alone the most important part being that the R model is a better performer and being a limited edition automobile.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your post or missing something here but in any event I think that this young enthusiast is on the right track.

With respect to the other party suggesting that there is not that much difference between a GT350 and the GT350R, I respect that persons opinion but I certainly do not see it that way and I have a lot of fellow car buddies that agree with me that there is a significant difference between the two cars.

Absolutely, the oem Cup 2 tires should last me quite a while with the mileage I will be putting on the car. To be honest, since thinking about it and what TR mentioned, I will likely stick with the Cup 2's when replacement time comes. The difference between them and the Super Sports is approximately $400 which is not significant; since tires are typically "aged" after 5 years when manufacturers advise to replace the tires, I don't think i would ever get the benefit of the longer mileage out of the Super Sports.

To be quite honest, I am very new to the mustang world. Have always appreciated them and loved the sound of them, but honestly never really considered buying one. I am a Porsche fan at heart, and even though I have not driven the car yet, I can absolutely relate with reviewers opinions stating that it is as if the GT team at Porsche got their hands on a mustang and created the 350. Same philosophy in the DNA: phenomenal NA engine, high revving, manual transmission, maximum fun vehicle. It's not all about outright speed, but rather one cohesive machine with the transmission, engine, clutch, recaro seats, all working together to simply make a very fun to drive car.

I honestly had trouble sleeping last night because I am so excited by the prospects here; I was ecstatic to be ordering a normal 350, but now that I have decided to get an R, and to be able to possibly really get one for msrp, man am I pumped :D :D :D

I also completely agree with your last post; I am not sure what the previous posters intent was, but I am with you on this one. The R is the cherry on top for me. The engineer in me loves the nerdy details concerning the carbon wheels, and just knowing how much mass they save and having the larger wing on back, just makes me that much more excited about it. Even though I will never track the vehicle, and certainly never be able to exploit the advantages that the R model offers over the 350, I still LOVE knowing that they are there ;)

I will absolutely keep you informed about how things go. The manager who I will be in contact with is back in on Tuesday, so 2 more days anxiously waiting for confirmation that he has an allocation/has a car already coming/if I may be able to choose my own colors :D

Justin
Sponsored