Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Pricing to be released in May; my initial estimate of $60K seems to have been wildly understated; I'm hearing it'll be closer to $75K.
For the 'R' version, I can see it.... maybe. No way the base model is near that high. The more I look at this car, the more I am convinced that the base price will start below $55K.

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302
It will not be anywhere near 75k for the base gt350. I wish people would take a moment and analyze the total package. Ford has mentioned we will be wowed at price. Nothing about 75k is wowing. Secondly they have minimized the materials used throughout the process. The interior aside from the steering wheel and seats which at most was 2k in upgrades is straight from the base gt. This car's range is anywhere from 48-53k. Its not top of the line, it isn't as limited of a model and its closely related to the boss 302 despite what they really want to say. Lastly, the evolution of performance from previous years does not justify having to price it crazily. GM was mad setting it at 75k and the z/28 has far more tech.

Edit Also, the z/28 was marketed as a one trick pony dedicated track car with the goal in mind it wouldn't commonly be used as a DD. Ford hes developed theirs with the intent it could also be DD'd different market equate to different costs (estimated cars bought)
+1 for somebody that actually still has sense!!!
To think this car will come in at any more than 55k just means you don't have all the facts.

midtenn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss302 #0058, 2014 GT500
For the 'R' version, I can see it.... maybe. No way the base model is near that high. The more I look at this car, the more I am convinced that the base price will start below $55K.
Especially now that the R is pretty much confirmed!! I can see 65-70k with weight loss, CC brakes, possibly lightweight wheels and aero work. The base will definitely be between 48 and 55k, and the "R"65-70k.

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
Guys I'm new to this forum but about to get a 2015 gt but probably gonna cancel order and wait for 350 there is literally no way ford would make a car they stated we would be WOWED at price over 50k majority of people I know that have bosses bought at around 42k ! The gt500 my uncle and his friend bought for 54 for both of there's .If you think about it !! If a base gt is 32,990 out the door with no options !! And a gt premium fully loaded is 45k out the door!! Throw all the options out the window and put the 350s expenses on top of that being different front , wheels, recaros, suspension,etc and beautiful engine !! Which is still the same coyote engine with different crap there's no way they would add 20k over 32k base. I figure 10-15k MAX over base price for all the junk added on including the SHELBY Brand tax lol I'm thinking 42-45k base and tech package probably additional 1-3k track package 2-4k. Which respectively !! With the consumer in mind and production vehicle !! Nothing special except its a flat plane Shelby a price to wow a consumer would be 42-48!!! Anything over would be redundant !!! As than the gt500 would be highly outta reach when previous models weren't honestly that outta reach in price.

Sponsored

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
It will not be anywhere near 75k for the base gt350. I wish people would take a moment and analyze the total package. Ford has mentioned we will be wowed at price. Nothing about 75k is wowing. Secondly they have minimized the materials used throughout the process. The interior aside from the steering wheel and seats which at most was 2k in upgrades is straight from the base gt. This car's range is anywhere from 48-53k. Its not top of the line, it isn't as limited of a model and its closely related to the boss 302 despite what they really want to say. Lastly, the evolution of performance from previous years does not justify having to price it crazily. GM was mad setting it at 75k and the z/28 has far more tech.

Edit Also, the z/28 was marketed as a one trick pony dedicated track car with the goal in mind it wouldn't commonly be used as a DD. Ford hes developed theirs with the intent it could also be DD'd different market equate to different costs (estimated cars bought)

Reasonable analysis. It would match with what Ford stated on reveal day. As well leaves room for more model(s). As well as the Z28 was marketed no expenses spared to make it a track day star. Ford stated they kept the costs down and total purchase price reasonable

osu13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sc bmw e92 m3, bmw 128i m-sport, 2002 CRV
Guys I'm new to this forum but about to get a 2015 gt but probably gonna cancel order and wait for 350 there is literally no way ford would make a car they stated we would be WOWED at price over 50k majority of people I know that have bosses bought at around 42k ! The gt500 my uncle and his friend bought for 54 for both of there's .If you think about it !! If a base gt is 32,990 out the door with no options !! And a gt premium fully loaded is 45k out the door!! Throw all the options out the window and put the 350s expenses on top of that being different front , wheels, recaros, suspension,etc and beautiful engine !! Which is still the same coyote engine with different crap there's no way they would add 20k over 32k base. I figure 10-15k MAX over base price for all the junk added on including the SHELBY Brand tax lol I'm thinking 42-45k base and tech package probably additional 1-3k track package 2-4k. Which respectively !! With the consumer in mind and production vehicle !! Nothing special except its a flat plane Shelby a price to wow a consumer would be 42-48!!! Anything over would be redundant !!! As than the gt500 would be highly outta reach when previous models weren't honestly that outta reach in price.
+1 Another person that gets it! :thumbsup:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
+1 Another person that gets it! :thumbsup:
I think that is a person who is not including all the engineering time to design, modify, develop, and test the following

• Enhanced powertrain
The heart and soul of this beast live in the 5.2L V8 engine with a flat-plane crank that produces over 500 horsepower. Bolted to a world-class TREMEC® 160 6-speed manual transmission and you end up producing 400 lb.-ft. of torque. The red line pegs at 8,000 so you know this high RPM screamer is living up to its true GT350 DNA.

• Chassis and suspension
The MagneRide™ damping system monitors and adjusts itself thousands of times per second for a dynamic, adrenaline-fueled driving experience. But with our obsession for detail, we just couldn’t stop there. Our attention to detail drove us all the way down to which way the springs coiled, therefore requiring new lower control arms. This racer was designed, engineered and built so the springs, sway bars and dampers work together as one finely tuned system. We also added new lightweight chassis components and a set of Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport tires wrapped around lightweight, yet incredibly stiff forged aluminum wheels. So yeah, the GT350 will deliver a special rush whenever you strap yourself in behind the wheel.

• Braking
The foundation of any sports car is undoubtedly the brakes; therefore, brakes are a major part of the GT350 magic. So we teamed front and rear Brembo® with cross-drilled, two-piece, highly-engineered brake rotors. The huge 395mm (15.5”) rotors up front and 376mm (14.8”) rotors in the back complete this tight, hard working system that gives GT350 its well-earned track cred.

• Aerodynamics
Balancing downforce with aerodynamic drag is always one of the biggest challenges a team of car designers can face. But Ford did it with a unique, detailed approach that centered on making it imperative that every single component play a major part in the total overall performance of the system. It’s a very hard thing to pull off, but our team of designers and engineers wouldn’t settle for less. So it’s not just that the GT350 has wider aluminum front fenders and a unique aluminum hood. It’s also that the front and rear fascias, splitter, rockers and rear valance with integrated diffuser all work together as a team – each and every one of them. And only as a team working together can this system keep the beautiful, powerful, exciting and intimidating GT350 racer pressed firmly to the track.

I'd be insanely happy if this car was in the $40,000 range, but I expect it to be higher priced than the Boss 302 Leguna Seca by virtue of not only all this new hardware but inflation. The engine itself will add noticably to the cost because of the different crank architecture. There's a lot behind getting that to be durable as well as dela with NVH considerations.

My prediction for the base GT350 with no options - $54,999 US

osu13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sc bmw e92 m3, bmw 128i m-sport, 2002 CRV
I think that is a person who is not including all the engineering time to design, modify, develop, and test the following

• Enhanced powertrain
The heart and soul of this beast live in the 5.2L V8 engine with a flat-plane crank that produces over 500 horsepower. Bolted to a world-class TREMEC® 160 6-speed manual transmission and you end up producing 400 lb.-ft. of torque. The red line pegs at 8,000 so you know this high RPM screamer is living up to its true GT350 DNA.

• Chassis and suspension
The MagneRide™ damping system monitors and adjusts itself thousands of times per second for a dynamic, adrenaline-fueled driving experience. But with our obsession for detail, we just couldn’t stop there. Our attention to detail drove us all the way down to which way the springs coiled, therefore requiring new lower control arms. This racer was designed, engineered and built so the springs, sway bars and dampers work together as one finely tuned system. We also added new lightweight chassis components and a set of Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport tires wrapped around lightweight, yet incredibly stiff forged aluminum wheels. So yeah, the GT350 will deliver a special rush whenever you strap yourself in behind the wheel.

• Braking
The foundation of any sports car is undoubtedly the brakes; therefore, brakes are a major part of the GT350 magic. So we teamed front and rear Brembo® with cross-drilled, two-piece, highly-engineered brake rotors. The huge 395mm (15.5”) rotors up front and 376mm (14.8”) rotors in the back complete this tight, hard working system that gives GT350 its well-earned track cred.

• Aerodynamics
Balancing downforce with aerodynamic drag is always one of the biggest challenges a team of car designers can face. But Ford did it with a unique, detailed approach that centered on making it imperative that every single component play a major part in the total overall performance of the system. It’s a very hard thing to pull off, but our team of designers and engineers wouldn’t settle for less. So it’s not just that the GT350 has wider aluminum front fenders and a unique aluminum hood. It’s also that the front and rear fascias, splitter, rockers and rear valance with integrated diffuser all work together as a team – each and every one of them. And only as a team working together can this system keep the beautiful, powerful, exciting and intimidating GT350 racer pressed firmly to the track.

I'd be insanely happy if this car was in the $40,000 range, but I expect it to be higher priced than the Boss 302 Leguna Seca by virtue of not only all this new hardware but inflation. The engine itself will add noticably to the cost because of the different crank architecture. There's a lot behind getting that to be durable as well as dela with NVH considerations.

I'm an automotive design engineer myself and know exactly what type of time goes into development. I also understand how packaging and economies of scale works. As well as how R&D is spread out across future projected development to consume some of the cost it takes to develop such vehicles. I never said the car wouldn't go up in price but people are acting as if the technological advances aren't going to happen. They are also assuming these advances have not become easier to develop. Not all but sum, Magneride for example is newish tech but development and research has been done and tested for awhile. So product cost for that shouldn't be more than 1-2k per vehicle add on as a standalone in its given market. I could go on but its not needed. 54 isn't a far stretch but id still say just a bit too high considering cost projections over their past vehicles over the years.

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
Time to start placing wagers on price lol

Sponsored

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
I'm an automotive design engineer myself and no exactly what type of time goes into development. I also understand how packaging and economies of scale works. As well as how R&D is spread out across future projected development to consume some of the cost it takes to develop such vehicles. I never said the car wouldn't go up in price but people are acting as if the technological advances aren't going to happen. They are also assuming these advances have not become easier to develop. Not all but sum, Magneride for example is newish tech but development and research has been done and tested for awhile. So product cost for that shouldn't be more than 1-2k per vehicle add on as a standalone in its given market. I could go on but its not needed. 54 isn't a far stretch but id still say just a bit too high considering cost projections over their past vehicles over the years.
Exactly !!!!same with the new z06 just because of new design power electronics etc everyone flipped crap speculating price being over 100k ........ PFFFFFFFFFFF car released at 79k just about everyone I knew nearly cried at how unbelievably low they priced a car that looked and performered over a 200k+ car hell i even went DAMN !!!! That's seems cheap!!! So WHY WOULD anyone expect the gt350 to be any different . blew our minds with performance and everything else. So again a price that would wow the hell outta me would be to pull a Chevy on the new 350 !!! Articles everywhere projected the z06 around 95+ and boy were they wrong and articles now project the 350 around 50-60! Im ready to be wowed and go told ya so.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Exactly !!!!same with the new z06 just because of new design power electronics etc everyone flipped crap speculating price being over 100k ........ PFFFFFFFFFFF car released at 79k just about everyone I knew nearly cried at how unbelievably low they priced a car that looked and performered over a 200k+ car hell i even went DAMN !!!! That's seems cheap!!! So WHY WOULD anyone expect the gt350 to be any different . blew our minds with performance and everything else. So again a price that would wow the hell outta me would be to pull a Chevy on the new 350 !!! Articles everywhere projected the z06 around 95+ and boy were they wrong and articles now project the 350 around 50-60! Im ready to be wowed and go told ya so.
True, but that's also the same company that's selling a Camaro with a decade-old power plant for $73K. ;) This stuff seems kinda random sometimes.

Still, yeah, I'm thinking it won't be over $55K.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

As others alluded to, development costs for the GT350 model/lineup don't have to be recouped by the sales of this car alone. Sales of the regular Mustang models can cover R&D for the hi-po model.

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
The thought process that makes this car 50-55k is not there guys.

If I used the same logic you guys are using, the Boss mustang laguna seca would be 40k. In reality, the base LS was 50k.

People saying ford is stating it is affordable to own... key word own. Meaning to maintain the cheaper calibers and brakes, oils, compared to other track type cars offered in the market.

So your saying this gt350 doesn't have more than 10-15k worth of technology and costs over the 2013 boss LS? Total bs. Heck the base GT now has the same brakes as the 2013 Boss LS. That should tell you something there.

This is of course is just using the crazy math people are using in here.

If this car is under 60k, I will be in total shock!

genericuser1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 M3 convertible
There are 6 months to speculate so it will be interesting to return to this thread in May and see who was closest.

As to the Z28 you can knock of 6-8k by losing the carbon ceramic brakes. They are typically $8k+ additions on an M4 or 911.

A CTS-V with, MRC is $65k and that is a luxury car.

My guess is in the $55k range to start.
Sponsored