Fuel systems with an OEM style bucket

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
The listing is incorrect. It does not come with the filter and it cannot reasonably be integrated into the factory line. I have the filter in hand. Not sure of the threads, but it is designed to attach to the upgraded 1/2" pre-bent stainless lines.
So did your system come with a new 1/2" feed line, from the pump all the way to the Engine bay?
Sponsored

OP
OP

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
So did your system come with a new 1/2" feed line, from the pump all the way to the Engine bay?
It did. At the engine side, the line is formed as a quick connect, but they’ve included a quick connect to 8an adapter. The rear connects very similar to OEM. Everything seems to be OEM or better quality. It is a very complete, well thought out system.

IMG_4866.jpeg

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
It did. At the engine side, the line is formed as a quick connect, but they’ve included a quick connect to 8an adapter. The rear connects very similar to OEM. Everything seems to be OEM or better quality. It is a very complete, well thought out system.

IMG_4866.jpeg
Man, thats awesome. I assume you bought the kit that has the dual bucket configuration as well as the PWM module?

Are you going to have to drop the tank to install the new line?

OP
OP

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Man, thats awesome. I assume you bought the kit that has the dual bucket configuration as well as the PWM module?

Are you going to have to drop the tank to install the new line?
I did. I went with the 2700hp kit. Tank is currently out. It was a very easy job aside from removing the exhaust which was already partially out due to the turbo kit I’m installing. Probably had it out in 20 minutes including removing the driveshaft after the exhaust was out of the way.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
I did. I went with the 2700hp kit. Tank is currently out. It was a very easy job aside from removing the exhaust which was already partially out due to the turbo kit I’m installing. Probably had it out in 20 minutes including removing the driveshaft after the exhaust was out of the way.
I wonder if the 1500 hp kit can be upgraded to include the 1/2" line and filter.....
I absolutely would have went this route instead of my return system...

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Hobbs switch reliability isn’t great and you don’t know it failed until it’s too late.
Mike is correct, which is why MANY reputable tuners don't like relying upon them, much to the dismay of Fore himself (he comments about it in a video as he also discusses the wear and tear on brushes inside the pumps and chemical attack, which again, is ANOTHER aspect that's not an issue with brushless pumps).

Again, the industry is full of "just send it" and "I've run 3 pumps full boogie for years and never had a problem" type parrots.

I've personally had 4 or 5 TI pumps either burn out or begin to whine (indicating they were going to give out) over the years. In my group of car nuts, I've observed no less than 3 or 4 who've had either 274 or 285 pumps burn out. As well as relays and fuses.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have a FORE return system and have no issues at all with it. What is the brand name for this kit again? I just want to confirm im researching the right thing.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
@Angrey,@bankyf

What kind of tuning is required to do this? Is this something that Lund or Wengerd etc. can handle? Most of us aren't going down the road of custom calibrations or PCMtec

Last edited:

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. This appears to be a very well thought out and thorough kit. I like it a lot. However im not ripping out my FORE kit for it, but good to know high tech options like that exist.
Yeah, that's kind of where Im at too. If I had to do it again, for sure I would have went this route but pulling out 3k worth of return system to then spend another 3K hurts. Who knows, I'll probably be right back here in 6 months talking about the install. lol

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
OK, I got a headache reading so much, very informative post. BUT: Just need one answer. I have a 19GT I just installed a Whipple Stage 2 with ID1050 injectors and will be driven mostly on street, week end driver. I plan to switch to E85 with an objective of running 800-850whp And "NOT" have to worry about maintaining 1/2 tank or more without having fuel supply issues while driving on the street/track at any desired throttle. What "Fuel Hat" return style fuel system would safely, easily flow the fuel nessasary for my application.
Thank you all for some great insight.
with the fore innovation systems, we typically tell guys below a quarter of a tank don’t go crazy you could still go white, but we don’t recommend going out and beating the snot out of the car till you get down to almost 0 only because 85 uses so much more fuel by volume volume.

If you want an OE style hat, then we do the kpm

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Don't wanna go back.... What kind of pumps are these?

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I don't think anyone is advocating that the advantages and drawbacks are drastic enough to ditch a multi-thousand dollar fuel system. (outside of maybe those that are tracking the car and getting fuel starvation at long left turns in the middle of a session).

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't think anyone is advocating that the advantages and drawbacks are drastic enough to ditch a multi-thousand dollar fuel system. (outside of maybe those that are tracking the car and getting fuel starvation at long left turns in the middle of a session).
Don't mean I just don't wanna read back... what kind of pumps are those kpm guys using....
Sponsored