Sponsored

Ford Tickford Mustangs

Bolted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Race Red
Article also mentions -

"Tickford is also an authorised Ford Performance Parts dealer and is offering the option of a Ford Performance Mustang GT Supercharger Kit.

Tickford’s Mustang Power Packs will soon be followed by ride and handling packages along with styling and interior options."

No price quoted though.

http://www.tickford.com.au/portfolio/mustang-power-packs/
Sponsored

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Good to see the Tickford name back on a Ford, even if it has nothing historical to do with Tickford of old. (I remember the Tickford mods on the Ford (UK) Sierra RS models used to push that beast of a car).

Nice 360Kw output for the V8 'Stang though. Be interesting to see how this enhances the real world performance.

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
Yep, more expensive than Streetfighter which people weren't pleased about the price. I was expecting something more from a company like Tickford
Yeah me too, I was actually thinking the price would be very competitive and that there would be some serious individual options and not just packaged bundles. The whole numbered build thing is getting a bit old too...

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Good to see the Tickford name back on a Ford, even if it has nothing historical to do with Tickford of old. (I remember the Tickford mods on the Ford (UK) Sierra RS models used to push that beast of a car).

Nice 360Kw output for the V8 'Stang though. Be interesting to see how this enhances the real world performance.
360 at the engine, really not impressive at all

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
I have been told that any tune put on the engine voids your warranty. Apparently even if you remove it, the ECU retains the knowledge that it was there for Ford to see.

Are Tickfords giving warranty with their prices?

Sponsored

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I asked ford Aus about warranty when using Tickford and this was the response.

"The brand name "Tick ford" is not owned by Ford, and no longer has any association with Ford Australia. There has been no involvement from Ford on recent Tickford packages or componentry. Moreover, Ford has not completed any assessment or durability testing on the modifications mentioned and has no understanding of how they may impact the vehicle's durability, safety or performance. We love to see your enthusiasm for the Mustang and thanks for taking the time to message us Regards, FordService^SB

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Tickford are offering a driveline warranty anyway

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
wow they must be having a laugh at those prices!

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Yes, a real laugh!

I installed a Steeda CAI, retuned the ECU, and added quality exhaust which combined added slightly more power than the Tickford package at around half the price. I then did what the car really needed and added Shockworks coilovers, and still had change from the engine only Tickford package.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto

It is quite noticeable. 50+ kilowatts at the engine, you notice more pull lower down a better breathing engine and a much better push in the back when @3,500rpm and above. At least that's what I've experienced.

Its no supercharge though but doesn't pretend to be. A supercharge Mustang is just a whole different level and if you do that you need to invest in a much better suspension, brakes, and better wheels/rubber.

Sponsored

ICON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic 6MT GT Fastback
The inflated price is due to the warranty offered - totally overpriced for those that have more dollars than sense.

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Those prices are a joke. Much happier with my magnaflow, Airaid CAI and hopefully a street fighter tune soon. Will produce about the same results at close to half the price.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]James Phelps of The Daily Telegraph is quoting [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Mark Winterbottom as having said that Prodrive/Tickford are now actively working towards homologating the Mustang to race in [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]next year’s Supercars championship!

Having now owned a Mustang for a while, I can see the long nose and resulting rearward driving position could be one of the practical hurdles of fitting the control frame under the Mustang, not to mention that the coupe shape is about 10cm lower than a Falcon too. They will have to 'stretch' the Mustang shape quit a bit...

This link may take time to work, if at all:

http://performancedrive.com.au/ford-mustang-confirmed-replace-falcon-supercars-series-0421/

P.S. Looks like Frosty spoke too soon: http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/04/05/prodrive-refutes-green-light-2018-mustang-sign-off/

[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited:

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]James Phelps of The Daily Telegraph is quoting [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Mark Winterbottom as having said that Prodrive/Tickford are now actively working towards homologating the Mustang to race in [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]next year’s Supercars championship!

Having now owned a Mustang for a while, I can see the long nose and resulting rearward driving position could be one of the practical hurdles of fitting the control frame under the Mustang, not to mention that the coupe shape is about 10cm lower than a Falcon too. They will have to 'stretch' the Mustang shape quit a bit...

This link may take time to work, if at all:

http://performancedrive.com.au/ford-mustang-confirmed-replace-falcon-supercars-series-0421/

P.S. Looks like Frosty spoke too soon: http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/04/05/prodrive-refutes-green-light-2018-mustang-sign-off/

[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]
To be honest I would be surprised if they go V8 anyway when others will go V6 turbo too as a NA V8 would have a problem dealing with turbo torque. Could be a little early with the announcement.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
To be honest I would be surprised if they go V8 anyway when others will go V6 turbo too as a NA V8 would have a problem dealing with turbo torque. Could be a little early with the announcement.
There are parity adjustment options, engine or otherwise, to cater for performance differences. Torque outputs are already monitored and controlled.

I would think the EcoBoost option would only happen if Ford money was involved, which is extremely unlikely. The apparent 1-2 million dollars to develop and homologate a Mustang with the V8 they currently use is going to be a big enough outlay for the teams as it is.

Apart from gaining Ford's approval to race the car, it seems the other teams still have to approve changes to the Supercar rules to allow 2-door cars, and also the requested modifications to the control chassis as well. With there born to rule mentality, I can't image the Holden teams approving such changes easily.

However, there must be some signs of hope if the Ford teams are exploring the option.
Sponsored