Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Op what do think is the source of the ticking you received after the joy ride!
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Their is no privacy these days,anything u do nowadays most likley is recored and alot of times is used to take legal action,and believe me the people taking the videos didnt ask for permission.What u have to be careful about is recording conversations as for some reason this is looked at differently then videos and can get u in trouble.I probably would have already been to that dealership and showed that asshats what kind of ass whippen an old man could put on them.I would not take the video down and let the dealer know its on the internet.Glad they got fired,now make sure u get something out of the dealer for your headaches.

'stangerza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP RR
This happens all over the world, all the time. Good you recorded it and the techs got their marching orders.
If it was not wet out, they would have bounced your car off the rev limiter. At least they had the insight that they could easily loose it on the wet road.
Next time you take your car in, do onto them what they do unto you - you have sign their disclaimers which no doubt will be in their terms and conditions when you drop the car off, then get them to sign acknowledgment that you will record voice and video of anyone working on the vehicle including test drives. That will stop this BS dead.
I'm pretty sure your vehicle would have recorded numerous data about the car during the trip, let the dealer pull that from the computer and show you.
Gonna get myself a dashcam tomorrow.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
This is correct, they did fire both techs, and the store manager wants to talk with me in person on Tuesday.
That's awesome. I love it.
Good luck on Tuesday! :thumbsup:

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Is the directions for programming the keyfob in the manual? I have a base model.
https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehicle-features/locks-and-security/mykey.html

Sponsored

jon2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP 401a TY
I must drive my Mustang GT harder than most, because what I watched in that video doesn't bother me at all. I redline and floor my car daily.

On the other hand, had the Ford tech done donuts, line lock, grinded gears, and bounced the rev limiter minutes on end, i'd be very upset.

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I must drive my Mustang GT harder than most, because what I watched in that video doesn't bother me at all. I redline and floor my car daily.

On the other hand, had the Ford tech done donuts, line lock, grinded gears, and bounced the rev limiter minutes on end, i'd be very upset.
They shouldn't have drove the car at all, they could have easily got in an accident, what they did still falls under misuse of a customer's property.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3

They shouldn't have drove the car at all, they could have easily got in an accident, what they did still falls under misuse of a customer's property.
^^BINGO!!! :thumbsup:

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
There are actual threads where the Ford techs crashed the customers car. You would be surprised of all of the red tape on covering damage to your car by dealer technicians. . .if you think they replace your car with a new replacement. . .think
again

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
NO NEW CAR REPLACEMENT

There are actual threads where the Ford techs crashed the customers car. You would be surprised of all of the red tape on covering damage to your car by dealer technicians. . .if you think they replace your car with a new replacement. . .think
again
Seriously, they trash your car and you don't get a new one? Just repaired. Yeah second option - Gone in 60 Seconds,
Then Fast & Furious out of there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sponsored

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350

Key words..... "I" and "my"..... and I'm betting you don't have a 700 horsepower car. Then there is the fact that there was no reason for a test drive so they in effect stole his car. They were not given permission to drive it.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Those two techs are douche bags.

Any time I've ever taken a car in for warranty work or repair I specifically make it VERY clear to the shop manager that there will be NO test drive unless I'm riding along. I inform them that I've recorded the mileage, and if it's more than a few tenths more I'm gonna be super pissed and the dealership GM and owner will be contacted about not following my instructions.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
This is correct, they did fire both techs, and the store manager wants to talk with me in person on Tuesday.
Good - glad to hear. They should be barred from applying to any future positions at any Ford Dealer.

Best of luck with the next phase of your discussions.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Key words..... "I" and "my"..... and I'm betting you don't have a 700 horsepower car. Then there is the fact that there was no reason for a test drive so they in effect stole his car. They were not given permission to drive it.
Found a snippet on bailment relationships. Judging by this information the test driving the vehicle regardless of the repair would be protected under the argument of number 4 below.

Automobile Mechanic Liability

When you leave your car with a mechanic for repair or service, you have a bailment relationship with the mechanic. As a result, has several legal duties. Specifically, the mechanic must:

1. Treat your car with a reasonable standard of care until you pick it up.
  2. Make repairs in a skillful, careful, and workmanlike manner.
  3. He must have the ordinary skills of other mechanics.
  4. Inspect your car to make sure that it is not a danger to the driver or other driver and repair the car to make it safe for use.
  5. Give a written estimate and receive authorization before doing any repair work, in many states.
  6. In these places, even if the mechanic does excellent work and charges a reasonable price, the mechanic cannot recover for his work because he gave no estimate.
  7. Not engage in fraud, concealment, lowballing, or bait and switch.
  8. Not make unauthorized or unnecessary repairs.
  9. When Is the Mechanic Liable for Damages Resulting from Faulty Service?
  10. A mechanic is liable for damages if you suffer damages as a result of negligent repairs. For example, if the mechanic uses the wrong parts or misplaces apart, and then your engine explodes when you start the car, the mechanic is liable.
  11. It does not matter if you already paid the bill and find out about a problem later. The mechanic is still liable.
However, if the mechanic offers to correct his negligent repairs at no cost, and you choose not to, you cannot claim that he caused you damage because you failed to have the problem fixed. Also, you cannot cause the damage through your own negligence or assumption of risk.

What about the Contents of My Car?

A mechanic is only responsible for the safe keeping of items inside your car if he knows they are inside. Otherwise, the mechanic is not liable if they are damaged or stolen.

What If My Car Is Stolen from the Repair Shop?

In general, the mechanic is not responsible for the theft of your car from his repair shop unless his negligence caused the theft. The mechanic has to do or forget to do something that leads to your car being stolen. For example, if the mechanic leaves the keys in your unlocked car and parks it on the street, he is responsible if someone steals it.

What about Disclaimers?

Mechanics will often try to disclaim their liability by posting signs or including disclaimers on contracts. These disclaimers are ineffective if you do not agree to the terms or were never made aware of such terms. Additionally, a mechanic cannot disclaim his negligence or that of his employees. For example, the mechanic would be liable for damages if an employee negligently starts a fire in the repair shop that destroys your car.

By giving your mechanic a written, or an oral and implied authorization to make repairs you may have given express or implicit permission to drive the vehicle for reasonable purposes related to the repair they were making to your car. Transporting a vehicle to a sublet repairer, the car wash, road test, and even driving to the paint store to get an accurate color formula retrieval with a computer would be considered a reasonable purpose. Using the customer's car to run errands or to buy a cup of coffee while they were road testing may make them liable. If you signed no repair authorization or had no contract for repairs that had language alluding to certain uses of the vehicle you may be out of luck. It will simply be a civil matter that you may resolve in small claims court.

Last edited:

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
In for dealer meeting details .....
Sponsored